ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Aliens amongst us....
BlackOp 01:53 AM 05-22-2022
Jesus Christ...the effortlessness in this performance is nuts. He actually looks disinterested...from a sheer technique standpoint this is a 12 on a scale of 10.

Props...not really my type of music but a virtuoso is a virtuoso. He looks like 24...some rarefied air going down in this one.

[Reply]
icepick64 02:54 PM 05-22-2022
😲 wow. Thanks for this. Just got into his band Polyphia based on this.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:55 PM 05-22-2022
I'm attempting to learn to play guitar. I wish I had half the talent that kid does.
[Reply]
Lzen 03:40 PM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by icepick64:
😲 wow. Thanks for this. Just got into his band Polyphia based on this.
If it makes you feel any better, I have been playing guitar for over 30 years and I will never be half as good as that guy. But that's okay, I stay in my lane. I know what I can do.

One thing that I've always noticed with these virtuoso types is that they have really long fingers. My short, fat fingers might hinder me a bit.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:54 PM 05-22-2022
I've tried playing guitar but that required setting down my beer and then I lose interest.
[Reply]
srvy 04:08 PM 05-22-2022
This 17 yo kc kid may have a future in Nashville.

https://fox4kc.com/video/award-winni...ay-kc/7681983/
[Reply]
srvy 04:11 PM 05-22-2022
I've been trying to play guitar for longer than I'd like to tell. I'm still trying cuss spit scream:-)
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:12 PM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I've tried playing guitar but that required setting down my beer and then I lose interest.
You noob....

[Reply]
Buddy Rich 06:00 PM 05-22-2022
Here's how grown man play music, in the moment. Nothing against that young dude with his cute tats playing along to whatever. But he and that music are really gay.

Eddie Van Halen proclaimed Holdsworth “the best, in my book,” “the man,” and “so damned good that I can't cop anything.”

Tribute to Eddie Van Halen's Favorite Guitarist, Allan Holdsworth

[Reply]
Lzen 07:42 PM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Why not do both? :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 07:47 PM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
You noob....

Love it! I've been known to do that once in a while. And he's got the right beer, too.
[Reply]
Third Eye 07:55 PM 05-22-2022
Tim is talented as fuck but comes across as a total asshat. He’s said before that he’s playing a rock star character or something like that and the condescending attitude is intentional, but I’m not sure how much of that I believe. I’m not a fan of Polyphia. It’s a hell of an exercise in technical proficiency, but it’s absolutely soulless, robotic, click track stuff that’s built in a studio.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:59 PM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by Buddy Rich:
Here's how grown man play music, in the moment. Nothing against that young dude with his cute tats playing along to whatever. But he and that music are really gay.
I'm not sure I'd call their music "gay"...that was just him performing an acoustic version from his band.

I had a few Allan Holdsworth albums in the 80s...he played at the Uptown back then.

I guess two people can view the same thing differently...I just take it for what it is.

gay....

Amazing young musicians...

[Reply]
BlackOp 12:10 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
I’m not a fan of Polyphia. It’s a hell of an exercise in technical proficiency, but it’s absolutely soulless, robotic, click track stuff that’s built in a studio.
I agree to an extent...it's not something I'm going to listen to away from youtube. I just happened to catch the video and was amazed at how effortlessly he played that at his age....it was flawless.

This wasn't based on personal preferences...not really a Picasso vs. Rembrandt argument.

Musicians are generally douchebags...it's kind of a universal requirement.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:16 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
I’m not a fan of Polyphia. It’s a hell of an exercise in technical proficiency, but it’s absolutely soulless, robotic, click track stuff that’s built in a studio.
Agreed. I can appreciate the technical skill they have.

However, it doesn't trigger anything in me. Doesn't excite me at all.
[Reply]
Up