ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Everything Everywhere All At Once
sully1983 08:09 PM 04-20-2022
It was fitting that I caught this film high as a kite on 4/20. It was a wildly entertaining experience. and it was beyond bonkers but I mean that in the best way. Very entertaining thru out featuring Michelle Yeoh's career best performance. Me describing this film won't do it justice so here's the wild as shit trailer

The universe is so much bigger than you realize. @A24 presents EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE, a @Daniels film starring Michelle Yeoh, Ke Huy Quan, Stephanie Hsu, and Jamie Lee Curtis.

Only in Theaters March 25! #EverythingEverywhere pic.twitter.com/0pIXy5KeVO

— Everything Everywhere (@allatoncemovie) December 14, 2021

I highly recommend this.
[Reply]
sully1983 08:12 PM 04-20-2022
Also, the actor that plays the husband in this may look & sound familiar to you because its Johnathan Ke Quan (you'll remember him as "Short Round" in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and "Data" in The Goonies)

Seeing him come out of retirement to get a very sizable juicy role after all these decades was so damn awesome to watch. You could tell he was having a blast in some of those fight sequences. And you better believe he is still rocking his fanny pack and puts it to good use in this film.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:09 PM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Also, the actor that plays the husband in this may look & sound familiar to you because its Johnathan Ke Quan (you'll remember him as "Short Round" in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and "Data" in The Goonies)

Seeing him come out of retirement to get a very sizable juicy role after all these decades was so damn awesome to watch. You could tell he was having a blast in some of those fight sequences. And you better believe he is still rocking his fanny pack and puts it to good use in this film.
No way. I heard that was the guy from Walking Dead. And Eddie Munster is King Diamond.
[Reply]
EPodolak 09:36 PM 04-27-2022
Just saw this. First half hour regretted my choice because I wasn't in the mood for that type movie. By the end though thought it was another great A24 release, more ambitious than others I've seen. Its a whimsical and I guess poignant take on quantum exploration that's popular nowadays. Or, maybe I'm just now noticing....anyway definitely recommend seeing it.
[Reply]
sully1983 12:10 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
Just saw this. First half hour regretted my choice because I wasn't in the mood for that type movie. By the end though thought it was another great A24 release, more ambitious than others I've seen. Its a whimsical and I guess poignant take on quantum exploration that's popular nowadays. Or, maybe I'm just now noticing....anyway definitely recommend seeing it.
Glad you liked it! And yeah its definitely weird af and not for everyone (its an A24 joint after all lol)
[Reply]
listopencil 06:08 AM 05-21-2022
OK, yeah. Go see this movie. To everyone who, like me, bitches about the same old tired bullshit in movies - sequels and reboots with nothing new or interesting - go give this a try or you have no right to complain anymore. At all. Ever.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:37 PM 05-22-2022
Finally a quiet Saturday afternoon to catch this unspoiled.

If you want a short summation, it would be if Douglas Adams rewrote Kung Fu Hustle after watching The Matrix, and Michele Gondry directed it.

It can get manic, and it can get saccharine, but it's always inventive and moves along well.

There are tons of memorable visuals, but one in particular had me chuckling way way past reasonability

Spoiler!

[Reply]
listopencil 06:56 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Finally a quiet Saturday afternoon to catch this unspoiled.

If you want a short summation, it would be if Douglas Adams rewrote Kung Fu Hustle after watching The Matrix, and Michele Gondry directed it.

It can get manic, and it can get saccharine, but it's always inventive and moves along well.

There are tons of memorable visuals, but one in particular had me chuckling way way past reasonability

Spoiler!

For some reason the way they kept slipping in the...

Spoiler!

...made me laugh every time.

And the times when...

Spoiler!

..entertained me more than it should have, probably.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:58 AM 05-23-2022
And with exquisite timing, in case you thought The Critical Drinker hated everything. . .

[Reply]
Up