ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Media Center>Jack Reacher
Ubeja Vontell 12:22 AM 09-10-2019
I discovered Lee Childs Jack Reacher stories about 10 years ago, what a great read. Usually we find Reacher hitch hiking, as he wanders the USA, somebody will eventually pick him up despite having a hulkish look at 6-6 260ish. And our story begins.

When I heard there was going to be a movie, yep, excited. But........Tom Cruise? How can the 5-8 170 (guessing) sell the huge Jack Reacher? In the stories the size of Reacher is a constant, we get it.....big bad hombre. Tom Cruise a big bad hombre......nay!

X pro rassler/current actor Dave Batista.....perfect.

If a movie is based on a literary character why not stay as close as possible to the story?

I guess the worst casting job ever was John Wayne as Ghanghis Ghan, What were they thinking?
[Reply]
Lzen 08:14 AM 01-22-2024
I love the Reacher series. Just finished up the season the other day. Yeah, it's not great writing, but it is satisfying to see him (and his team) take out the bad guys. It's kind of like the 80s action hero movies. Yeah, they were lame and the writing wasn't great. But who didn't enjoy Rambo going all.....well.....Rambo?
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 09:27 AM 01-22-2024
its a decently fun series, but the books are so much better.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:13 PM 01-23-2024
Yeah - that ending fell apart.

But I enjoyed watching Dixon jiggle as she dangled from the helicopter...
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:40 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - that ending fell apart.

But I enjoyed watching Dixon jiggle as she dangled from the helicopter...
It was like LOTR Return of the King with it never ending.
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:11 PM 03-20-2024
The ending to Season 2 was just god awful. The writers were just horrible.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:39 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
its a decently fun series, but the books are so much better.
The books just got so repetitive. I think I read the first 4 (maybe 5) and the stories just get stale.

Maybe it's because I was reading them back to back. If I swapped to something else, then back to a Reacher book, maybe they wouldn't get to feeling so tedious.

But it was kinda like trying to binge watch Letterkenny. I love that show in small doses but if you watch three episodes in a row, you really do need a palate cleanser.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Up