ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 57
« First < 5455152535455 5657 >
The Marty Lounge>****NCAA Tourney Thread****
Pablo 06:18 PM 03-10-2021
Conference tourneys are in full swing, local schools going currently and the next couple days.

Madness is underway, next couple of weeks should be fun.

Viewing schedule and scoreboard in link:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...rackets-scores



[Reply]
Cave Johnson 07:34 AM 04-06-2021
Congrats to the Sexually Assaulting Baptists.

RIP Patrick Dennehy.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:47 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Reminds me of every Alabama football game.
Iím excited to see how the CFP shakes out this year. How will Bama and Clemson and Oklahoma and Ohio State be slotted??? Maybe OU is the 2 and Clemson is the 4???? That would spice things up.

So much intrigue.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:03 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Iím excited to see how the CFP shakes out this year. How will Bama and Clemson and Oklahoma and Ohio State be slotted??? Maybe OU is the 2 and Clemson is the 4???? That would spice things up.

So much intrigue.
Itís quite hilarious hearing a college football fan whine about ďcompetitivenessĒ
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:16 AM 04-06-2021
Never bet on a team with that many white players. :-)
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:19 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
It’s quite hilarious hearing a college football fan whine about “competitiveness”
Since 1991, 14 different schools have had at least a share of the championship
in football.

That number is 16 for basketball.

What’s the big difference?
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:24 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Since 1991, 14 different schools have had at least a share of the championship
in football.

That number is 16 for basketball.

Whatís the big difference?
The difference is that in a given season, there are about 6-8 football teams that have a realistic chance to win a championship, including 3 or 4 of the same teams every fucking year. Most non-conference games are intentionally non-competitive.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:26 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
The difference is that in a given season, there are about 6-8 football teams that have a realistic chance to win a championship, including 3 or 4 of the same teams every ****ing year. Most non-conference games are intentionally non-competitive.
Isnít that usually the case with basketball?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:29 AM 04-06-2021
What I’m getting at is the parity people seem to be referring to in basketball for a title doesn’t really exist.

It might exist for qualifying for the Final Four, but that realistically is due to the size of the tournament and statistical anomalies.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:36 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Isnít that usually the case with basketball?
Not to football's extent. At least college basketball is reasonably competitive during the season. College football can't make the same claim.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:56 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Since 1991, 14 different schools have had at least a share of the championship
in football.

That number is 16 for basketball.

Whatís the big difference?
Nice try. CFA has split titles which makes your comparison apples to oranges.


It misses the point anyway. Small schools can win in hoops but canít in football. Tiny schools like Bay, Zags, Butler, Villanova et al can play for that title. No Iowa can upset Kansas, Mercer Duke, Weber State UNC, Oral Bob Ohio State, on and on.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:27 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Nice try. CFA has split titles which makes your comparison apples to oranges.


It misses the point anyway. Small schools can win in hoops but can’t in football. Tiny schools like Bay, Zags, Butler, Villanova et al can play for that title. No Iowa can upset Kansas, Mercer Duke, Weber State UNC, Oral Bob Ohio State, on and on.
Baylor is a P5 school so exclude them from Zaga, Butler, Villanova.

Yes, they can compete for the title-but haven’t won it aside from Villanova.

If your argument is smaller schools have a higher chance to compete for a title in basketball vs football, sure, I’ll agree. But if you’re saying there’s significantly more parity than football with regards to winning a title, I disagree completely.

The Blue Bloods still dominate basketball for the most part and aside from the odd rise of UConn have done that for the better part of 60+ years.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:18 AM 04-06-2021
College basketball seems to revolve around:

UNC, Duke, Kentucky, Uconn, Villanova

College football seems to revolve around:

Alabama, Clemson, Ohio St, Alabama, LSU
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:33 PM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
College basketball seems to revolve around:

UNC, Duke, Kentucky, Uconn, Villanova

College football seems to revolve around:

Alabama, Clemson, Ohio St, Alabama, LSU

[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:49 PM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Past 20 years or so heís not wrong.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 12:56 PM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Past 20 years or so he’s not wrong.
Yeah, it really revolves around UConn who prior to this year hadn't made the tournament in the previous five years.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 57
« First < 5455152535455 5657 >
Up