ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 346 of 435
« First < 246296336342343344345346 347348349350356396 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:44 AM 01-25-2022
Anyone expecting 9 sacks this weekend will probably be in for a rude awakening.

We simply don't have the front four that the Titans do. If Mathieu and Fenton are both out, we also don't have the secondary to generate coverage sacks to compensate.

Not to mention, we've been here before. How many times do we go against a team who's down to their 3rd string LT, missing multiple guys on the OL, guys down in the secondary- it rarely ever ends in the predicted bloodbath.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:24 AM 01-25-2022
The Chiefs got Burrow 4 times in Cincy. I think they’ll get him around that many times on Sunday, maybe a few more.

LT Jonas Williams is the one guy on the Bengals line who has been playing well, so I wouldn’t expect Clark to be the one leading the way, but the interior and right side should feast.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:38 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Interesting factoid for ya:

Frank Dominick Clark leads all Chiefs defensive players ALL-TIME with eight sacks in the playoffs.

2nd interesting factoid:

Frank Clark is fifth on the NFL career sacks playoffs leaders, trailing only Willie McGinest (16.0), Bruce Smith (14.5), Terrell Suggs (12.5), Reggie White (12.0), and then Frank Clark with 11.0.

3rd factoid:

Frank Clark has amassed 63 solo tackles as well as another 9 assisted, including 11 TFLs, a fumble recovery, and 10 QB hits, all leading stats in Chiefs' history.

Nitey-nite, you silly pinche vatos!
Good for him.

Doesn't change that his ass still needs to get the hell out of here after this season
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:51 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Ah, OK, I just re-watched highlights and Frank was definitely dogging it once Allen bailed from the pocket. He was probably just gassed at that point and didn't think he'd have much of a shot at getting to him.

Unfortunately, Allen ended up stringing that play out for the longest time and Clark likely would have been able to get to him and affect the play if he was going 100%.
Here's what I don't quite understand about the 'Clark was gassed' narrative.

55 snaps isn't an inordinate amount. Additionally, in the second half the Bill went 3 and out, then had a 1 play TD, then ran 4 plays. They finally had one long drive and in THAT drive Clark was cruising toward the boundaries.

One drive? That's enough to take the piss out of Frank Clark? This junkyard dawg who's going to show up and dominate the playoffs is out of energy because of one drive in a half where the Bills offense had hardly touched the field?

I'd prefer the 'hey, he knew he wasn't going to catch the guy' narrative over 'he was gassed'. Because if he was gassed - why? There's no way he should've been that spent. The offense didn't hang the defense out to dry; they had plenty of time time catch their breath.

Clark's just not very good but for whatever reason a select few seem to bend over backwards to make excuses for him. The sort of excuses they just do not make for anyone else. I don't understand his favorite son status for some of you.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:54 AM 01-25-2022
Anyone expecting 9 sacks this weekend will probably be in for a rude awakening.

We simply don't have the front four that the Titans do. If Mathieu and Fenton are both out, we also don't have the secondary to generate coverage sacks to compensate.

Not to mention, we've been here before. How many times do we go against a team who's down to their 3rd string LT, missing multiple guys on the OL, guys down in the secondary- it rarely ever ends in the predicted bloodbath.
Jones and Wharton should make life quite a bit easier for Clark and Ingram. They're gonna have to give the interior extra attention.

No, the Chiefs don't have the pass rushers on the front 4 that the Titans do. But if Frank Clark can just give us what he gave us mid-season, they absolutely have 4 capable, disruptive lineman that can at least make Burrow's life difficult.

And we're gonna need it. This isn't the time for excuses. Frank Clark has, at most, 2 games left here. He needs to lay it on the line.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:10 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Jones and Wharton should make life quite a bit easier for Clark and Ingram. They're gonna have to give the interior extra attention.

No, the Chiefs don't have the pass rushers on the front 4 that the Titans do. But if Frank Clark can just give us what he gave us mid-season, they absolutely have 4 capable, disruptive lineman that can at least make Burrow's life difficult.

And we're gonna need it. This isn't the time for excuses. Frank Clark has, at most, 2 games left here. He needs to lay it on the line.
Agreed
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:15 AM 01-25-2022
Here's what I don't quite understand about the 'Clark was gassed' narrative.

55 snaps isn't an inordinate amount. Additionally, in the second half the Bill went 3 and out, then had a 1 play TD, then ran 4 plays. They finally had one long drive and in THAT drive Clark was cruising toward the boundaries.

One drive? That's enough to take the piss out of Frank Clark? This junkyard dawg who's going to show up and dominate the playoffs is out of energy because of one drive in a half where the Bills offense had hardly touched the field?

I'd prefer the 'hey, he knew he wasn't going to catch the guy' narrative over 'he was gassed'. Because if he was gassed - why? There's no way he should've been that spent. The offense didn't hang the defense out to dry; they had plenty of time time catch their breath.

Clark's just not very good but for whatever reason a select few seem to bend over backwards to make excuses for him. The sort of excuses they just do not make for anyone else. I don't understand his favorite son status for some of you.
He's on the last legs of his current contract. He has to know that he's playing for his next payday. It's possible that he's completely comfortable with his career earnings, but I'd assume he'd at least not be dogging it in the Divisional Round against one of the best teams in the league.

The fact that Josh Allen is an insane talent would be my first guess as to why Clark seemingly gave up on that play. It's the simplest explanation without being cynical. Either he was gassed from chasing him all day or he just didn't think he'd ever be able to catch up to him to make a play there/conserved his energy for another play.

I'm not one of those guys, by the way. I've been critical of Clark.

At his cap hit, we'd need TJ Watt/Myles Garrett type of production to justify keeping him around. Unless he turns up over these next couple months, I just can't see any way we keep him around.
Yeah, back when Clark was also not getting sacks and generally producing well under his pay rate.
What kind of question is this? Lol

Frank Clark got a $100m deal. He's an edge rusher. He is expected to set the edge against the run AND have a meaningful impact on the pass rush.

Dude's taking up $26m of cap space next season. We need more than an edge-setter in run defense.
It's relevant. That goes to show that Frank himself likely isn't even satisfied with his play.

We can try and sweep it under the rug all we want because ultimately we won, but if we had lost, he'd have shared a lot of the blame for no-showing in the backfield.
I just realized Jamaal Adams has more sacks than Frank Clark
They both need to do better.

Frank is available but playing like garbage. He is seriously indistinguishable from the revolving door of JAGs we've got at the opposite DE spot.. and Sammy takes this offense from one of the best in the league to one of the best of all-time but he's never available.

We're paying these guys too much to just show up or only give us 8 or 9 games a season.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:20 AM 01-25-2022
I'm not one of those guys, by the way. I've been critical of Clark.
Oh I know.

There's only a handful of 'em left and most of them don't even post in this thread anymore.

In fairness, there's not much left to say.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:32 PM 01-28-2022
he's gonna murder burrow

Frank Clark with one of his old school spin moves right here. Jones keeps pace on contain. But what a dime by Allen on the run. #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/UqKJKpKha6

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) January 26, 2022

Frank Clark is a one man wrecking machine on this play. Sees the LT down block. So he starts his shuffle because the pull is coming. Blows up both pulls and makes the tackle on Josh Allen. BOOM! #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs. pic.twitter.com/iSSkmd24Fu

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) January 26, 2022

[Reply]
Halfcan 08:04 PM 01-28-2022
Frank is getting ready to pass Reggie White on the All Time Playoff sack list.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:06 PM 01-28-2022
this would be a really good time for 'high effort Frank Clark' to show up.
[Reply]
Ecto-I 09:04 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
he's gonna murder burrow

Wow that second clip where he makes the run stop is incredible. That's a huge gain if he doesn't make that play.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:09 PM 01-28-2022

I hope he can bring his A-game. He's massively overpaid, but still a solid enough player to make a legit impact in the upcoming game(s).

Frank has a chance to finish his Kansas City run with 2 rings. That's pretty special. I hope all the guys are able to play up to their potential in the final 60-120 minutes of this season.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:12 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I hope he can bring his A-game. He's massively overpaid, but still a solid enough player to make a legit impact in the upcoming game(s).

Frank has a chance to finish his Kansas City run with 2 rings. That's pretty special. I hope all the guys are able to play up to their potential in the final 60-120 minutes of this season.
I’m assuming this is Clark’s last season in KC. If he finishes out another strong postseason with a second ring, it’ll be really interesting to see how he’s remembered by Chiefs fans.

We tend to remember players as either way better or way worse than they actually worse.

Cassell we remember exactly accurately though.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:40 PM 01-28-2022
Clark, Ingram and Jones better deliver. If they dominate, as they should vs. this OL, the Bengals have literally zero chance to win this game.
[Reply]
Page 346 of 435
« First < 246296336342343344345346 347348349350356396 > Last »
Up