Coogs 08:26 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I’d sign Ingram and Houston

Sign some corners and safeties and just load up the defense in free agency

Hit the offense in the draft
I like this plan.
[Reply]
-King- 08:11 AM 03-21-2021
Much much much rather have Dunlap or Houston. Ingram is to small to play DE here and is coming off a season where he had 0 sacks and was put on IR twice.
[Reply]
O.city 08:13 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Much much much rather have Dunlap or Houston. Ingram is to small to play DE here and is coming off a season where he had 0 sacks and was put on IR twice.
He’s versatile and can play all over the dl, where as the other two are more de only kinda guys I’d think.

I’d rather have Houston but he’s probably more pricey and that bridge is likely burned
[Reply]
-King- 08:17 AM 03-21-2021
He’s versatile and can play all over the dl, where as the other two are more de only kinda guys I’d think.

I’d rather have Houston but he’s probably more pricey and that bridge is likely burned
What do you mean can play all over the DL?
[Reply]
O.city 08:19 AM 03-21-2021
What do you mean can play all over the DL?
Stand up, kick inside on some 3rd downs, etc

Just seems more versatile. Or atleast he was. May have lost that now
[Reply]
-King- 08:25 AM 03-21-2021
Stand up, kick inside on some 3rd downs, etc

Just seems more versatile. Or atleast he was. May have lost that now
Why can't Houston stand up or play inside? He's way more equipped to play there than Ingram. And he got his 22 sack season playing standup OLB.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:21 AM 03-21-2021
That’s why they’re having him in for a visit. The good thing is he didn’t appear to have a major knee injury as he came back. To my knowledge he didn’t have surgery. Feel much better about those guys than the ones who blew their knee out.

I like Ingram bc he can play anywhere on the line and even drop in space to cover on fake blitz designs. He’s really versatile and a lot stronger than people know.

Surprised you don’t remember that guy giving us trouble in week 2 last year.
[Reply]
-King- 08:31 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That’s why they’re having him in for a visit. The good thing is he didn’t appear to have a major knee injury as he came back. To my knowledge he didn’t have surgery. Feel much better about those guys than the ones who blew their knee out.

I like Ingram bc he can play anywhere on the line and even drop in space to cover on fake blitz designs. He’s really versatile and a lot stronger than people know.

Surprised you don’t remember that guy giving us trouble in week 2 last year.
If they signed him, that would be fine. I wouldn't be upset. But I do think that Houston and Dunlap are much better fits and much more productive players.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:00 AM 03-21-2021
If they signed him, that would be fine. I wouldn't be upset. But I do think that Houston and Dunlap are much better fits and much more productive players.
Justin Houston isn’t coming back here. I don’t know why you can’t get that through your head.
[Reply]
-King- 09:01 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Justin Houston isn’t coming back here. I don’t know why you can’t get that through your head.
I'm stubborn maybe.
[Reply]
Chargem 11:42 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Remember when we had broke dick QBs and NO ONE came for a visit during FA?

I called this once we drafted Mahomes that he would attract FA's for us like never before.
You say that in the week that Trent Williams turned the Chiefs down despite a personal recruitment effort by Patrick, and JuJu turning down the Chiefs to play for the Steelers for less money.

It's probably better than it was, but I don't think we're seeing any "ring chaser" effect on free agency yet. We will have to prove we are a dynasty for that.

Dunlap is my preferred option, I assume he would cost more than Ingram though.
[Reply]
TRR 12:35 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by Chargem:
You say that in the week that Trent Williams turned the Chiefs down despite a personal recruitment effort by Patrick, and JuJu turning down the Chiefs to play for the Steelers for less money.

It's probably better than it was, but I don't think we're seeing any "ring chaser" effect on free agency yet. We will have to prove we are a dynasty for that.

Dunlap is my preferred option, I assume he would cost more than Ingram though.
Hard to compare this year with the cap number being lower. But I would disagree that we aren’t seeing a positive effect from Mahomes/ring chaser effect. LeSean McCoy, LeVeon Bell, Terrell Suggs, Stefen Wisniewski were all signs of that. Kyle Long to a degree as well this offseason. You also saw it with all the one year deals players took last year to stay together. I think the question is...have these types of signings worked out in KC’s favor?
[Reply]
scho63 07:34 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Both guys stayed put. That means shit to me.
It's the guys that switch teams that count.
[Reply]
scho63 08:30 AM 03-21-2021
Remember when we had broke dick QBs and NO ONE came for a visit during FA?

I called this once we drafted Mahomes that he would attract FA's for us like never before.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:32 AM 03-21-2021
Yes if he's healthy sign him.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 20
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up