ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 235 of 295
« First < 135185225231232233234235 236237238239245285 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Stryker 08:47 PM 05-21-2022
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
Which is why he should get 15 carries MAX per game... otherwise we'll never get a full season out of him

This tape probably got him drafted
Which is why we should have taken Jonathan Taylor instead! I was pounding the drum for him all the way to the draft! I was excited about CEH ONLY because he is from LSU - that ONLY! He is a bust and we screwed up on drafting him. He IS NOT going to GROW - he is what he is - a complete BUST! We pissed away a first round pick on HOPE and lost. Will never believe in him and cannot wait for us to move on from him. I do not think I will be eating any crow on this one. Not a Ryan Leaf pick but still, Chiefs lost on this one big time.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:58 PM 05-21-2022
CEH is going to have a breakout type year. This will be the best OL he's EVER been behind in his career. He'll average about 75 yards/game for the first 6 weeks or so until JuJu/Skyy gets somewhat comfortable in the offense, then 'poof' Clyde will suddenly average 100+/game.
[Reply]
TRR 06:46 AM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Which is why we should have taken Jonathan Taylor instead! I was pounding the drum for him all the way to the draft! I was excited about CEH ONLY because he is from LSU - that ONLY! He is a bust and we screwed up on drafting him. He IS NOT going to GROW - he is what he is - a complete BUST! We pissed away a first round pick on HOPE and lost. Will never believe in him and cannot wait for us to move on from him. I do not think I will be eating any crow on this one. Not a Ryan Leaf pick but still, Chiefs lost on this one big time.
The knock on Taylor was that he couldn’t catch, and that the wheels would fall off quickly given his workload at Wisconsin. Hindsight.

I will say CEH is far from a bust. He had 1,100 yards from scrimmage and five TD’s his rookie year in 13 games. Last year, he only played in 10 games, and put up over 600+ yards from scrimmage and 6 TD’s. A bust is Breeland Speaks. A bust is Trezelle Jenkins. Jon Baldwin. Ryan Sims. It’s all about finding a way to stay healthy for CEH.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:29 AM 05-22-2022
Clyde is only 23 years and has flashed brilliance. Priest Holmes was 28 years old before he suited up for the Chiefs. It's only the beginning for Clyde.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=miRQ4xZ59gE
[Reply]
TEX 10:16 AM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Clyde is only 23 years and has flashed brilliance. Priest Holmes was 28 years old before he suited up for the Chiefs. It's only the beginning for Clyde.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=miRQ4xZ59gE
He's flashed way more JAG than "brilliance."
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:36 AM 05-22-2022
Imagine defending this guy..

In probably the most RB friendly team in the league, I can't tell if this dude is any better than Darrel Williams and Jerick McKinnon. That tells you everything you need to know.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:10 AM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Imagine defending this guy..

In probably the most RB friendly team in the league, I can't tell if this dude is any better than Darrel Williams and Jerick McKinnon. That tells you everything you need to know.
I’m not holding my breath on a breakout year, but it’s really not difficult to understand how somebody can defend the guy when you hear how the gallbladder surgery fucked up his offseason, which obviously impacted his season overall.

It’s amazing how people hate the guy so much that they don’t want to acknowledge that context.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:24 AM 05-22-2022
The biggest problem with Clyde is that he just can't get or stay healthy.

He didn't look like the same player last season as he did his last year at LSU, or even his rookie year before he got hurt.

Knee, hip, gallbladder, all of it; I feel for the kid. But you can't make the club from the tub.

Will he be and can he stay healthy this season? Maybe, but I'm not holding my breath.
[Reply]
-King- 11:27 AM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I’m not holding my breath on a breakout year, but it’s really not difficult to understand how somebody can defend the guy when you hear how the gallbladder surgery fucked up his offseason, which obviously impacted his season overall.

It’s amazing how people hate the guy so much that they don’t want to acknowledge that context.
He was like this in his rookie season too. He couldn't find and/or get through open holes.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:32 AM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
He was like this in his rookie season too. He couldn't find and/or get through open holes.
His rookie season isn’t even remotely comparable to last year.

He was running behind arguably the worst run blocking OL in football.

And has somebody has pointed out, his production was still fairly good his rookie year considering that.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:43 AM 05-22-2022
I've yet to see him look consistently explosive and confident in his running with us as he did in that LSU highlight package. He's had his games and moments where he's flashed the ability, but he needs to do it every game, ever touch he gets.

Gallbladder surgery is a bigger deal than people realize, and for an athlete I can imagine it would be a total hinderance. This is his year to prove it, and I'll pull for him to show it.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 01:14 PM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I've yet to see him look consistently explosive and confident in his running with us as he did in that LSU highlight package. He's had his games and moments where he's flashed the ability, but he needs to do it every game, ever touch he gets.

Gallbladder surgery is a bigger deal than people realize, and for an athlete I can imagine it would be a total hinderance. This is his year to prove it, and I'll pull for him to show it.
Especially if he did get down to 160 pounds. That’s A LOT to come back from. I just want to see a healthy year where we can truly see what we have in him.
[Reply]
lcarus 01:33 PM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:

I was really impressed with him in his very first regular season game as a pro. It seems when he came back from that first injury (that looked truly horrifying to be honest) he had lost a step. He's clearly gotten a bit better over time and I hope this season he can be at 100% and stay there. He can definitely be a big weapon. He doesn't need to be a "feature back" and those barely exist anymore anyways. He just needs to make plays when he gets the opportunities. There should be plenty with this o-line in this offense.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:14 PM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

When Lil Chiefy himself says he won't hold his breath for a breakout year, you know a guy's been a disappointment.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:18 PM 05-22-2022
I just can't separate the 1st round pick from this guy's name. Given on-the-field production versus what we gave up to get them, he's easily the worst running back we've had in like 20 years.

Guys like Spencer Ware, Charcandrick West and Damien Williams came here off the trash heap and produced at a higher level.

People here think Darrel Williams sucks but at least that fucker was undrafted.
[Reply]
Page 235 of 295
« First < 135185225231232233234235 236237238239245285 > Last »
Up