ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 230 of 295
« First < 130180220226227228229230 231232233234240280 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
MIAdragon 12:11 PM 12-28-2021
If he was a 6th/7th rd pick he’d be cut already.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:22 PM 12-28-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
clyde is so zzzzzz

Hey look. This supports what some of us have been saying. CEH is better than Williams at running the ball. But they both aren't good. Williams definitely seems like the better pass catch back which is kind of surprising.

Not sure about the source, and if from PFF I won't believe a thing, but seems to track based on the other names and the eye test.

I hope we can lock up the #1 seed so we can give tons of carries to Gore to see what we have from him.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:58 PM 12-28-2021
Well, we'll find out if Gore looks good due to small sample size, or is a diamond in the rough.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:11 PM 12-28-2021
clyde is so zzzzzz

More evidence that he is a JAG
[Reply]
mabbott 01:20 PM 12-28-2021
Darrel has made plays in the passing game we've never seen CEH make. Just accept it.

CEH has been targeted 22 times with 19 receptions, 129 yards and 2 TDs.

Williams has been targeted 50 times with 41 receptions, 403 yards and 2 TDs

Yep, he is WAY better... what was I thinking :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:25 PM 12-28-2021
I'm still not calling CEH a JAG injury prone maybe but he is still a young running back getting his groove.

I do think he has a lot to prove because thus far he hasn't played to potential but I'm still going by what I saw him do last year and have higher expectations than most here that he can make that happen again provided he can stay healthy.

You cannot take away what he did last year even though this year isn't the same output. They seem to be running running back by committee using 3 and I think that is to keep them all fresh throughout the games and also why Gore gets a burst because he is fresh in the fourth quarter when defenses are gashed.

I actually think Clyde is under utilized but what ever is working is working so they keep rushing for first downs and our offense keeps scoring touchdowns I really don't give a fuck who runs the ball as long as we are winning.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:34 PM 12-28-2021
Originally Posted by mabbott:
CEH has been targeted 22 times with 19 receptions, 129 yards and 2 TDs.

Williams has been targeted 50 times with 41 receptions, 403 yards and 2 TDs

Yep, he is WAY better... what was I thinking :-)
CEH is likely not the third down back because he is not a reliable blocker like Darrel is. Saying he shouldn't be blamed for his lack of receiving production because Darrel is out there on 3rd downs is not the pro-CEH argument that some think it is.
[Reply]
mabbott 02:10 PM 12-28-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
CEH is likely not the third down back because he is not a reliable blocker like Darrel is. Saying he shouldn't be blamed for his lack of receiving production because Darrel is out there on 3rd downs is not the pro-CEH argument that some think it is.
Not arguing that at all, but people saying the Williams is better is just absurd. Williams ran the ball 21 times against Washington for 62 yards.

Kansas City hasn't been a RB "pass blocking" team, the last time I saw stats on it they only used RBs for pass blocking on 13% of the plays. Our RBs are extra receivers mostly and run the ball as well.

I am not expecting CEH to be anything that he isn't. He is who he is. He is barely above average when it comes to RBs and he was drafted too highly. That is not his fault, he wasn't projected as a first round RB and where he was drafted is barely the first round at all.

I hope Gore gets some more carries to show if he is anything or just looks good on occasions.
[Reply]
-King- 02:45 PM 12-28-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I'm still not calling CEH a JAG injury prone maybe but he is still a young running back getting his groove.

I do think he has a lot to prove because thus far he hasn't played to potential but I'm still going by what I saw him do last year and have higher expectations than most here that he can make that happen again provided he can stay healthy.

You cannot take away what he did last year even though this year isn't the same output. They seem to be running running back by committee using 3 and I think that is to keep them all fresh throughout the games and also why Gore gets a burst because he is fresh in the fourth quarter when defenses are gashed.

I actually think Clyde is under utilized but what ever is working is working so they keep rushing for first downs and our offense keeps scoring touchdowns I really don't give a fuck who runs the ball as long as we are winning.
You have quite a rosy recollection of what CEH was last year. He was better than he is this year but most of his games were still 4ypc and under. Even last year he was a JAG.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:18 PM 12-28-2021
Last year? Last year he never ran behind the starting OL. Not sure we can Use much data from last year.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 03:27 PM 12-28-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
More evidence that he is a JAG
If this chart shows that CEH is a JAG, then it also shows that Darrel is a turd who shouldn't even be in the NFL (which my eyes already noticed anyway). Seriously, there's isn't even anyone close to Darrel's crap spot on the chart.

I get the complaints about CEH but I don't understand why everyone gives Darrel a pass - he sucks pretty bad running the ball and his receiving, while good, is not enough to make up for it. I understand CEH was a 1st rounder and Darrel didn't cost us much, but getting more carries for Darrel at the expense of CEH makes us a worse team. I would have much preferred Darrel to get injured than CEH.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 03:30 PM 12-28-2021
One thing I think we've all seen enough of as Chiefs' fans is good running backs. Most of us have the ability to recognize one when we see it.

CEH just isn't that good, and it's really that simple. He's incredibly average and at best is just the same caliber player as Gore and Williams, which would be fine except that he was a first rounder and you expect more out of that kind of pick.

Honestly, I think they're finding a good balance using the 3 of them and CEH has a nice role here. However, he's never going to be the 2,000 total yard, 15 TD guy that a lot of us had hoped. He's a role player at best and there's really no arguing it right now. The sample size is big enough to come to that conclusion.

Our offense loses absolutely nothing when he's not in the game, and that tells you all you need to know about him.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 03:33 PM 12-28-2021
clyde is so zzzzzz

Interesting graph. I never knew they tracked "perfect run blocking"
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:37 PM 12-28-2021
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
If this chart shows that CEH is a JAG, then it also shows that Darrel is a turd who shouldn't even be in the NFL (which my eyes already noticed anyway). Seriously, there's isn't even anyone close to Darrel's crap spot on the chart.

I get the complaints about CEH but I don't understand why everyone gives Darrel a pass - he sucks pretty bad running the ball and his receiving, while good, is not enough to make up for it. I understand CEH was a 1st rounder and Darrel didn't cost us much, but getting more carries for Darrel at the expense of CEH makes us a worse team. I would have much preferred Darrel to get injured than CEH.
If you looked through my posting history you will find that I am not a big Darrel fan, in fact I have shit on him alot. That pass he dropped in the SB was unforgivable IMHO.

But why does it seem like Darrel gets a pass is because he is an undrafted FA so the expectations aren't very high for him compared to CEH.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:38 PM 12-28-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
One thing I think we've all seen enough of as Chiefs' fans is good running backs. Most of us have the ability to recognize one when we see it.

CEH just isn't that good, and it's really that simple. He's incredibly average and at best is just the same caliber player as Gore and Williams, which would be fine except that he was a first rounder and you expect more out of that kind of pick.

Honestly, I think they're finding a good balance using the 3 of them and CEH has a nice role here. However, he's never going to be the 2,000 total yard, 15 TD guy that a lot of us had hoped. He's a role player at best and there's really no arguing it right now. The sample size is big enough to come to that conclusion.

Our offense loses absolutely nothing when he's not in the game, and that tells you all you need to know about him.
This is pretty much the perfect post about CEH and Chief RB's. Couldn't have said it better myself.
[Reply]
Page 230 of 295
« First < 130180220226227228229230 231232233234240280 > Last »
Up