ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 16
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Epic Super Bowl Eats 2023 - Whats Cooking?
Easy 6 07:39 PM 02-01-2023
How many of you are still brainstorming for food ideas?

How many of you already know whats sizzling?

And how many just don't care yet?

One of the very best things about this place, is how many great cooks and assorted foodies we have among us... so whats cooking for 57?
[Reply]
cdcox 11:05 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Anyone that chooses philly cheese steak should get banned from the GDT.
I unintentionally and unironically made chili for the AFCCG. It was just an easy meal to make before the game and have ready when we wanted to eat.

I’m thinking along the same vein (easy to make before the game and not too distracting) for the Super Bowl and thinking about chili nachos or verde pork enchiladas, before the game.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:12 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Got the sides fingered out...

My "famous" egg rolls that I've made for 5-6 different SB's over the years... shredded cabbage, shaved carrot, chopped raw shrimp, sausage cooked with ginger, soy and secret Chinese spices (packet of fried rice seasoning from the Asian grocery 30 miles away)

And last but not least, air fryer Cajun wings... easy, no fuss fare because the steak sammiches and egg rolls will be somewhat labor intensive

Mailing in the chip dip, just grabbing some French Onion from the store

But its a labor of love, and I cant wait to get started
I make egg rolls a couple of times per year. I have probably made around 2000 over the last 40 years. It takes at least 2 hours to make a couple dozen. Way too much effort for a game I want to watch. For a Chiefs playoff game, I want to keep it simple.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:24 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
We tried about 4 years in a row with different methods and literally every one of them were screwed up in a different way.

There was the swamp hog, we had another year where the thing turned into a damn grease fire when we tried to build a pit above the ground (as soon as that fat started to render it unleashed a torrent of grease and we had 15 ft flames coming out the top of the pit) There was another year where we used a roasting box and the hog was done around 8:30 and another year where we did the above ground pit again and it just came out a little bland.

So then we started catering.

But dammit I WILL get this right someday. And it's gonna be next weekend...

Biggest problem I have right now is finding something to brine the hog in. Want to do it in a salt/apple juice mixture but I need a big trough and don't want to go buy one. I can't really think of a plan B though.

I thought about confiscating my daughter's bathtub for a couple days but I'm fairly certain my wife will put the kibosh on that idea...
Cooking a whole hog is a challenge I no longer feel the urge to conquer. I’ve experienced the two minute transition from “wow, we should probably tamp down those flames” to flames shooting 30 feet into the air and threatening to ignite surrounding tree tops and we need to bring water in buckets fast! If cooking for a crowd that size, I’d rather do a bunch of butts and picnics.
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:08 AM 02-04-2023
:-) Thanks for sharing DJ. Glad it wasn't a total disaster!

That's why I love this place. So many awesome posters that post when it comes right down to it, the funny shit we've done over our lives. A true community we've been a part of for 20 years. Damn. 20 years.

:-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:01 AM 02-04-2023
I've been commissioned to do wings again. :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:03 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
No deviled eggs without a cover charge
Truth...
[Reply]
cabletech94 10:42 AM 02-04-2023
Wings in the air fryer (hundreds of TikTok vids for you nooBs). Pizza egg rolls in the other air fryer (mozzeralla sticks with pepperoni slices wrapped in an eggroll). Probably will throw a brisket on the smoker Saturday afternoon. Bacon wrapped little smokies sprinkled with brown sugar. Probably a cookie cake for sweets.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:53 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
https://www.thekansascitybbqstore.co...=shopify_email

Order by 2/5 and get 15% off your order using code: Bowl23
Thanks! Sauces and rub ordered, appreciate the help!
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:54 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by cdcox:
I make egg rolls a couple of times per year. I have probably made around 2000 over the last 40 years. It takes at least 2 hours to make a couple dozen. Way too much effort for a game I want to watch. For a Chiefs playoff game, I want to keep it simple.
Do the verde enchiladas :-)

Yeah egg rolls take some time, but I plan to do all the chopping and wrapping very early in the day on the living room coffee table so I can stay tuned to all the pregame hype... and cooking down the cabbage mix and pork wont take too long at all
[Reply]
FlaChief58 10:57 AM 02-04-2023
Looks like I'll be flying solo for the game, so nothing crazy. Probably just some chips & dip, veggie tray and wings. I picked up a 6 pack of boulevard and a bottle of peach crown royal.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:14 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
Wings in the air fryer (hundreds of TikTok vids for you nooBs). Pizza egg rolls in the other air fryer (mozzeralla sticks with pepperoni slices wrapped in an eggroll). Probably will throw a brisket on the smoker Saturday afternoon. Bacon wrapped little smokies sprinkled with brown sugar. Probably a cookie cake for sweets.
Air fryer wings RULE, nothing else renders the skin quite like it
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:21 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Thanks! Sauces and rub ordered, appreciate the help!
Right on. They have some pretty quick shipping.

I just did an order a week or so ago and it was here in PHX within a couple days.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:22 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Air fryer wings RULE, nothing else renders the skin quite like it
100%

Nice and crispy on the outside, moist and juicy inside and a lot less fat. I use franks red hot garlic wing sauce most of the time.
No wing place can beat them
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:27 AM 02-04-2023
Working to procure some dino beef ribs (short ribs that haven't been cut down)

Feel like some caveman shit for this one and can get them done with plenty of time to still enjoy the run up to the game
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:31 AM 02-04-2023
Ordered Joe's yesterday at 1000am and it was sitting on my doorstep at 1030am this morning.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 16
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up