ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 16
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Epic Super Bowl Eats 2023 - Whats Cooking?
Easy 6 07:39 PM 02-01-2023
How many of you are still brainstorming for food ideas?

How many of you already know whats sizzling?

And how many just don't care yet?

One of the very best things about this place, is how many great cooks and assorted foodies we have among us... so whats cooking for 57?
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 03:45 PM 02-03-2023
I'm thinking some angie fish and fried okra and fries.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:47 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
Dangit, now I have to make fried okra. bastard.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:49 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
:-)

Sorry, I shouldn't laugh, that would piss me right off as well, all that work and money. Just the visual...

Also lol at the thought of using the bathtub. "But this is the Superbowl dammit!"
Oh here was the best part - we had it covered with some plywood and it started throwing black smoke.

So me, in my brilliance, decides to raise the lid off to see what the deal is. Ever see the movie Backdraft?

Yeah, the wind got to that sucker and those flames came up over my head while I'm holding this damn board over the hog. So I roll out of there like I'm taking enemy fire.

And after we get a hose hooked up (because, y'know, we didn't have one on account of being retarded) I'm standing over that sucker for probably 10 minutes with the hose on full blast and it's just barely keeping the flames manageable. I've never had a fire get so hot that it essentially auto-ignites as soon as the water is off it.

But the funny thing was that it tasted REALLY good. That fat/skin contains so much moisture that it was able to take a hell of a beating before any damage got done to the meat. We lost about 1/3 of the meat to just being too marred, but the remaining 2/3 were pretty excellent. I just didn't have eyebrows for a bit.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:00 PM 02-03-2023
Got the sides fingered out...

My "famous" egg rolls that I've made for 5-6 different SB's over the years... shredded cabbage, shaved carrot, chopped raw shrimp, sausage cooked with ginger, soy and secret Chinese spices (packet of fried rice seasoning from the Asian grocery 30 miles away)

And last but not least, air fryer Cajun wings... easy, no fuss fare because the steak sammiches and egg rolls will be somewhat labor intensive

Mailing in the chip dip, just grabbing some French Onion from the store

But its a labor of love, and I cant wait to get started
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:29 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
What is angie fish, Nut?

Loves me some fried okra its such a mild and unique taste
[Reply]
Stryker 08:45 PM 02-03-2023
Will be doing filet mignon, with twice baked potatoes and squash on the grill!

Red and Gold baby! Let's go CHIEFS KINGDOM! :-)
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:49 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Gonna try a kalua hog roast; digging a hole in the kids play area and gonna drop a 60 lb pig in it with some hot rocks.
I may change my stance on not eating and come over to your house. That's my jam right there.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:21 PM 02-03-2023
Anyone gonna be firing up the air fryer?
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 09:50 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
What is angie fish, Nut?

Loves me some fried okra its such a mild and unique taste
it's a local fish restaurant here in tulsa it so good. It's my go to for meatless friday.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 09:51 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Dangit, now I have to make fried okra. bastard.
my bad! it's so good thou!
[Reply]
KCFalcon59 09:51 PM 02-03-2023
Going to smoke 6 racks of ribs and salmon

Snacks will include BBQ Smokies, Teriyaki meatballs, Jalapeno bacon wrapped shrimp, and various chips/crackers and cheeses.

Then going to watch the game on my new 77" OLED TV that is being delivered on Wednesday.

Go Chiefs!!!
[Reply]
Pablo 10:06 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by KCFalcon59:
Going to smoke 6 racks of ribs and salmon

Snacks will include BBQ Smokies, Teriyaki meatballs, Jalapeno bacon wrapped shrimp, and various chips/crackers and cheeses.

Then going to watch the game on my new 77" OLED TV that is being delivered on Wednesday.

Go Chiefs!!!
That’s all real nice.

I get frozen by those tvs when I walk into Costco. They are badass. I’m waiting for the downstairs one to kick shit so I have a good reason but it’s been trucking along no problem.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:11 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:
That’s all real nice.

I get frozen by those tvs when I walk into Costco. They are badass. I’m waiting for the downstairs one to kick shit so I have a good reason but it’s been trucking along no problem.
We finished our basement this summer and I bought an 85 inch TV. Still gawk at all the display models at Sam’s every time lol.
[Reply]
KCFalcon59 10:13 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:
That’s all real nice.

Yeah, I didn't need it but it was on sale, plus I had a little BB rewards to use and decided to buy myself a little early retirement gift. Figured since the Chiefs made the SB and it was $800 off I'd spring for it.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:31 PM 02-03-2023
My Super Bowl tradition is having Joes or Jackstack delivered to AZ.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 16
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up