ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>alright defensive geniuses, what's your plan for the Eagles?
Chris Meck 06:58 AM 02-01-2023
I thought I'd split this off from the mega thread, because that's kind of the smack talking section arguing with Philly fans and Diqlix's mults.

But all of you Spags haters really should ante up here with YOUR scheme and game plan for the Super Bowl.

Personally, I'd like to see a Hurts spy on every play, but not the SAME spy every play. A mix of Gay, Sneed from the slot, maybe Cook or Reid from a SS type spot. I want a different lurking spy at all times.

If I'm blitzing, I'm coming A and B gaps. Our DE's have got to be mindful of containment.

Probably not a game where you're going to see a lot of sacks from outside unless we get out to a big lead early. Their defense is really good, so I'm not expecting that.

Other than a spy, Just keep showing one thing pre-snap and doing another post. I think you can confuse Hurts. But if he's unsure, he's going to take off, and you'll want that spy to neutralize.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 09:41 AM 02-02-2023
Probably use a game plan like we use on the Ravens. Last weeks game plan was genius. I just want to make sure we have a spy on Jalen. I could see that as a big role for Cooks. I’m more concerned with the Refs being flag happy then anything though.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:55 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Raiderhater:
I've been reading through this thread and I would just like to take a moment to say: a lot of people say they come to this board for actual football discussion, and here we have a great example of it. And it's always there, it just seems like most of the time you have to sift through the cesspool portion of it to get it (which I personally have no problem with, with out the cesspool this place wouldn't be nearly as active or fun). But this thread has been basically straight up football talk with a LOT of knowledge, breakdowns and differing personal perspectives of it all with only a bare minimum of ridicule and smart ass comments.

Like I said, I appreciate the cesspool side of this board as much as anyone but, discussions like this really puts the meat on the bones of this place, in a manner of speaking.

Good job everyone, very educational, would read again.
The football discussion here, once you get through all the other stuff, is some of the best on the internet, period.
[Reply]
seamonster 10:01 AM 02-02-2023
The minute Hurts runs that read-option have a linebacker light him up like he's a receiver whether he's got the ball or not...Game won. Read option in the NFL is stupid and I have no idea why defenses let QB's get away with this nonsense.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:41 AM 02-02-2023
Well...

I was looking around to see what their personnel groupings were percentage-wise but can't find 2022.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 01:20 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by seamonster:
The minute Hurts runs that read-option have a linebacker light him up like he's a receiver whether he's got the ball or not...Game won. Read option in the NFL is stupid and I have no idea why defenses let QB's get away with this nonsense.
Athletic QBs. It's not that D's "let them get away with it", it is more "these guys are bigger and faster than ever, and they are typically much faster than your DL and LBs"
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:23 PM 02-02-2023
I don't want to go watch all of the Eagle's games but I'd be interested to see how elusive Hurts is in the pocket. That was always the issue with Burrow. He could move around the pocket and escape pressure. Hurts is more athletic but can he step out of sacks like Burrow has a tendency to do.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:26 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I don't want to go watch all of the Eagle's games but I'd be interested to see how elusive Hurts is in the pocket. That was always the issue with Burrow. He could move around the pocket and escape pressure. Hurts is more athletic but can he step out of sacks like Burrow has a tendency to do.
Watching him against the 9ers he bailed out of a clean pocket multiple times.

I feel like if his first couple reads aren't there he bails and tries to make something on the run.

Kinda like me when I'm playing Madden.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 01:26 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
His play-action is really good. For defenses predicated on reading & reacting/tracking the ball, Hurts is a real PITA. Coupled with RPO, a legit rushing attack, and his athleticism, Hurts can be a game wrecker. That's a big reason why they were the #2 offense. A VERY distant second to KC, but second nonetheless :-)

You know what could wreck that for him? CJ blasting through the LOS, getting into his face early & often.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:29 PM 02-02-2023
What about sending some corner slot blitzes and then having the opposite DE play contain.

NE in that 18 Championship game against us rushed 5 and contained Mahomes that first half. We should do the same.

Put pressure on him and make him stay in the pocket.
[Reply]
Why Not? 01:38 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
I’m more concerned with the Refs being flag happy then anything though.
Probably helps that, for better or for worse, the NFL officiating over last weekend has been getting crushed in the media all week. The pressure is going to be on Cheffers and friends to not take over the game. That can only be seen as a positive for us.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:59 PM 02-02-2023
Double AJ
Mush rush
Mix in a lot of exotic zones to coverage
Force Hurts to stay in the pocket
Play physical at the POA snd don’t miss tackles
[Reply]
Why Not? 02:21 PM 02-02-2023
Also, we can see about getting their OC some more interviews and try to get some more of their lineman to kidnap people.
[Reply]
seamonster 02:24 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Athletic QBs. It's not that D's "let them get away with it", it is more "these guys are bigger and faster than ever, and they are typically much faster than your DL and LBs"
Hurts isn't bigger, stronger or faster than Steve Young or Randal Cunningham. Neither of those QB's made it a habit of doing K-State read-option plays because in the 1990's that would have been insane. Back then DLineman weren't going to guess which player to tackle. QB was getting ragdolled. I've watched the Eagles run this play with impunity (NFC East market) and the defense generally lets Hurts off the hook.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:26 PM 02-02-2023
His play-action is really good. For defenses predicated on reading & reacting/tracking the ball, Hurts is a real PITA. Coupled with RPO, a legit rushing attack, and his athleticism, Hurts can be a game wrecker. That's a big reason why they were the #2 offense. A VERY distant second to KC, but second nonetheless :-)

You know what could wreck that for him? CJ blasting through the LOS, getting into his face early & often.
Yeah, we really need Chris Jones to go all Cocaine Bear again.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 08:49 PM 02-02-2023

If we can get through that O-Line. I mean, its not the 2003 Chiefs O-Line, but its dominant. I wonder how we get pressure. This is why Spags gets paid the big bucks to figure this out.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Up