ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>alright defensive geniuses, what's your plan for the Eagles?
Chris Meck 06:58 AM 02-01-2023
I thought I'd split this off from the mega thread, because that's kind of the smack talking section arguing with Philly fans and Diqlix's mults.

But all of you Spags haters really should ante up here with YOUR scheme and game plan for the Super Bowl.

Personally, I'd like to see a Hurts spy on every play, but not the SAME spy every play. A mix of Gay, Sneed from the slot, maybe Cook or Reid from a SS type spot. I want a different lurking spy at all times.

If I'm blitzing, I'm coming A and B gaps. Our DE's have got to be mindful of containment.

Probably not a game where you're going to see a lot of sacks from outside unless we get out to a big lead early. Their defense is really good, so I'm not expecting that.

Other than a spy, Just keep showing one thing pre-snap and doing another post. I think you can confuse Hurts. But if he's unsure, he's going to take off, and you'll want that spy to neutralize.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:24 PM 02-01-2023
It's a race for coordinators on each team on both sides of the ball to figure out how each is scheming you. As soon as that is discovered the play calling IS ON whether it be defense or offense depending.:-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:35 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
You beat me to it, but I wholeheartedly agree. The best defense we can have against them is to go up by 14-17 points quickly and force them into a pass first team and make an injured Jalen beat them.
Yeah, well, for that to happen, we're going to have to stop them in between our scoring drives.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 07:46 PM 02-01-2023
I think the Eagles still get a lot of yards on us, no matter the plan. Their offense is just too dynamic to be held down all game long. But if we can at least force field goals out of them and hold them to around 23 points, I think we have a good chance of victory.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:48 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yeah, well, for that to happen, we're going to have to stop them in between our scoring drives.
KEY !!

Quite frankly we don't have enough horses up front to stop their run IMO BUT I thought the same thing when we played the Titans a couple yrs back in the playoffs at Arrowhead and we stuffed Henry all game and we did a decent job against the Bengals this last Sunday. So........ it will be interesting to see how Spags approaches the Eagles run game.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:53 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
I think the Eagles still get a lot of yards on us, no matter the plan. Their offense is just too dynamic to be held down all game long. But if we can at least force field goals out of them and hold them to around 23 points, I think we have a good chance of victory.
Agree. But you use the word 'dynamic' and this is accurate except it is only 'dynamic' when Hurts has a healthy shoulder and can throw as well. Which is NOT the case. He can't throw the deep ball so...........:-)
[Reply]
Stryker 08:21 PM 02-01-2023
Ok, our defense, thank goodness is best against the run. The problem is our injuries after the AFCCG. Who, of said injuries, are going to be able to play and what will our roster look like going into the game? This to me, is most important factor before you can address the game plan. Eagles have a serious offensive line as well as a defensive line - they had an incredible season. Their offensive aces are..

AJ Brown
Miles Sanders
Dallas Goedert
Boston Scott
DeVonta Smith

That could be a tall order if we have to put rookies against them for 4 quarters.

The Eagles defense are a serious group with a ton of sacks this season. Point being, they are balanced and we are injured. This is going to be a matter of who is going to be playing on our team come game time.

So, I regress. IF we are fully healthy on the D side of the ball, then by all means STOP the run and FORCE Hurts to throw the ball.

I can see this game as a CHIEFS win 31 - 27. LET'S FREAKING GEAUX! :-)
[Reply]
Raiderhater 09:20 PM 02-01-2023
I've been reading through this thread and I would just like to take a moment to say: a lot of people say they come to this board for actual football discussion, and here we have a great example of it. And it's always there, it just seems like most of the time you have to sift through the cesspool portion of it to get it (which I personally have no problem with, with out the cesspool this place wouldn't be nearly as active or fun). But this thread has been basically straight up football talk with a LOT of knowledge, breakdowns and differing personal perspectives of it all with only a bare minimum of ridicule and smart ass comments.

Like I said, I appreciate the cesspool side of this board as much as anyone but, discussions like this really puts the meat on the bones of this place, in a manner of speaking.

Good job everyone, very educational, would read again.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:29 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Eliminate bad football
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Play gooder.

[Reply]
MahomesIsTheMVP 09:35 PM 02-01-2023
Make Hurts beat you with his arm.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:28 PM 02-01-2023
Hurts has always been an overrated QB even in college IMO I'd like to get ahead a few scores and watch him get exposed
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:35 PM 02-01-2023
Send them a case of wine, only instead of wine have antifreeze in the wine bottles.
[Reply]
Fishels 12:41 AM 02-02-2023
Stop the run
[Reply]
MagicHef 03:48 AM 02-02-2023
Weird stat: the Eagles’ RBs have combined for a total of 0 TD receptions all season and post-season.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:14 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Weird stat: the Eagles’ RBs have combined for a total of 0 TD receptions all season and post-season.
I'm sure that graphic will be displayed onscreen just before the first one takes place.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:33 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Of course and I already highlighted what I would do. Just saying that over the course of the game getting that big lead is the best way to defend against them. I think they are a team built to to play with a lead. If our secondary didn’t play so well against the Bengals I would be more concerned about their passing game.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up