ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>alright defensive geniuses, what's your plan for the Eagles?
Chris Meck 06:58 AM 02-01-2023
I thought I'd split this off from the mega thread, because that's kind of the smack talking section arguing with Philly fans and Diqlix's mults.

But all of you Spags haters really should ante up here with YOUR scheme and game plan for the Super Bowl.

Personally, I'd like to see a Hurts spy on every play, but not the SAME spy every play. A mix of Gay, Sneed from the slot, maybe Cook or Reid from a SS type spot. I want a different lurking spy at all times.

If I'm blitzing, I'm coming A and B gaps. Our DE's have got to be mindful of containment.

Probably not a game where you're going to see a lot of sacks from outside unless we get out to a big lead early. Their defense is really good, so I'm not expecting that.

Other than a spy, Just keep showing one thing pre-snap and doing another post. I think you can confuse Hurts. But if he's unsure, he's going to take off, and you'll want that spy to neutralize.
[Reply]
O.city 08:20 AM 02-01-2023
Yeah I wouldn't be in nickel as much. I'm gonna keep the box pretty heavy and make him beat me from the pocket.

This is what they drafted and played all those rookie secondary guys for. They need to hold up against those two WR's.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:22 AM 02-01-2023
And damn, they really do run a ton, including 49 attempts for 363 against the Packers... the only game where they needed to score a lot of points and didn't run much, Minshew started.

So yeah, don't be historically bad against the run.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:32 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Play gooder.
Score the mostest points between the two teams. Typically the teams that do that win games.
[Reply]
wachashi 08:33 AM 02-01-2023
Obviously stopping their running game is priority one.

To slow the passing attack, I think you have to blitz Jalen Hurts. Their offensive line is so good, I don't think rushing four will yield much pressure. Spags will have to be in his bag mixing up the blitz looks. Get some run blitzes in there as well.

The Giants were a blitz-heavy team this year, but couldn't stop the run to save their life (ranked last in the league in rush defense DVOA). If we can limit the explosive run plays, we can force Hurts into some mistakes under pressure.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:44 AM 02-01-2023
Spy Hurts, but rotate the spy assignment. Bolton, Gay, Thornhill, Reid all need to take turns spying on Hurts to take away his ability to run for chunks of yardage.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:50 AM 02-01-2023
I agree with a lot of what has been said.

We're going to have to blitz and even run blitz.

The DE's are going to have to stay sound and contain, not rush right upfield.

And the secondary is probably going to have to play more zone than they want to.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:52 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Spy Hurts, but rotate the spy assignment. Bolton, Gay, Thornhill, Reid all need to take turns spying on Hurts to take away his ability to run for chunks of yardage.
That was my thought in the OP.

Blitz, yeah, and primarily right in the middle, in the A and B gaps. Try to get home before the play gets going. This will help blow up the running game some as well.

Contain on the edges, try to keep Hurts in the pocket.

I think I'd risk some stunts up front too, try to get those OL moving sideways.

Of course, if it doesn't work, you're going to get gashed, but I think the risk is worth it.

If we're in the 4-3, Leo Chenal may be a really important player this game.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:55 AM 02-01-2023
The key to this game is to make sure Philly kicks 3 and not get 7. I think Spags will play his regular defense between the 20's and hope he gets a 3rd and long, or a penalty to stop a drive by disguising blitz and coverages to confuse Hurts. If they get to the red zone, he will ratchet up pressure on 2nd and 3rd and hope to keep them out of the endzone and make them take 3. If we hold them to 24 we win.
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:57 AM 02-01-2023
To win this game the Chiefs need to score more points than the Eagles and the Chiefs defense will need to keep the Eagles from scoring more points than the Chiefs
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:57 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
That was my thought in the OP.

Blitz, yeah, and primarily right in the middle, in the A and B gaps. Try to get home before the play gets going. This will help blow up the running game some as well.

Contain on the edges, try to keep Hurts in the pocket.

I think I'd risk some stunts up front too, try to get those OL moving sideways.

Of course, if it doesn't work, you're going to get gashed, but I think the risk is worth it.

If we're in the 4-3, Leo Chenal may be a really important player this game.
Double up Brown as well, he's really the only wideout that is a threat.

I mean quick, name another Eagles' wideout without looking it up.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:00 AM 02-01-2023

Lol. Anyone who pays even basic attention to the NFL outside of the Chiefs knows who DeVonta Smith is.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:00 AM 02-01-2023

Devonta Smith. He had like 1,200 yards and a bunch of TD's.

(looking up)

7 TD's.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:00 AM 02-01-2023

DeVonta Smith?

I mean he only had 98 catches, almost 1200 yards, and 7 TD's this year.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 09:03 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Lol. Anyone who pays even basic attention to the NFL outside of the Chiefs knows who DeVonta Smith is.

(looking up)

7 TD's.

(looking up)

7 TD's.

(looking up)

7 TD's.
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
DeVonta Smith?

I mean he only had 98 catches, almost 1200 yards, and 7 TD's this year.
I humbly stand corrected.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:03 AM 02-01-2023
Can I just point out that so far in this thread, we have not heard from Chiefsfanatic, Pete, or any other CP member that repeatedly rants about how they hate Spags and hate his scheme?

Here we are, asking for their opinion as to what we SHOULD do, in ADVANCE, and they have yet to weigh in.

But you can be sure we'll hear about it during the game thread anytime the Eagles get a big play, and afterwards about how the scheme was stupid and Spagnuolo sucks.

But put your money where your mouth is up front? Nope. Crickets.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up