1/31
Spoiler!

[Reply]
In58men 12:25 PM 02-03-2023
Watson time!!
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:45 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
JJSS has disappeared late this season. What is he getting 1 catch, 2 targets a game?
Probably defenses started trying to take him away. Andy probably countered by using him as a decoy.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:46 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I bet he wants to prove to the Chiefs that he deserves another contract. And honestly, I wouldn't be against bringing him back on a 1 year deal and letting him hit FA after a healthy season.
Just don’t see him coming back. I think he’s priced himself out.

If you’re a team like the Bears and have the most cap space in football ($90.5 million) and need someone like him, why not offer him $20+ million?

And why wouldn’t Mecole take that?
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:04 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:

If you’re a team like the Bears and have the most cap space in football ($90.5 million) and need someone like him, why not offer him $20+ million?

Gimme that 3rd round comp pick.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:24 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Dude...who the hell is offering Mecole $20+ million a season?
[Reply]
BWillie 05:56 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Dude...who the hell is offering Mecole $20+ million a season?
Apparently the majority of people in this thread because they think hes the best WR on the roster :-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:12 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by philfree:
I've never seen or heard what his actual injury is. I keep thinking about the guy I know who used to ride PBR. He tore his lower abbs off his pelvis bone. He had to have it surgically repaired.
It’s a core muscle injury…

From @NFLTotalAccess: #Chiefs WR Mecole Hardman wants to play in #SuperBowlLVII and is gathering second opinions on his core injury but is doubtful to play against the #Eagles as of now. pic.twitter.com/jXYINzAyfS

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) February 2, 2023

[Reply]
suzzer99 10:31 PM 02-03-2023
Is that like a sports hernia, or something else?
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:28 PM 02-03-2023
Mecole rehurt himself making a clutch 3rd down catch for a first down. He held onto the ball in a lot of pain. I think he deserves kudos for that.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:31 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I think “core muscle injury” is the new lingo for a sports hernia.
[Reply]
DJay23 12:05 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I *think* a core muscle injury could be any of a number of muscles in the core. I'm not a doctor.

I pulled the ilopsoas muscle on the left side taking an awkward step at the end of a run. I assumed it was a hernia since my left nut hurt like hell when it happened. Was thoroughly examined and told it was not a hernia. It took trips to GI doctors to rule out intestinal issue and sports medicine to be told what it was.

More irritating than painful, but definitely changes how you run and walk and doesn't just go away. Was compensating which messed up my right hip. Physical therapy helped, but I really had to take it easy. Was only allowed to run 1/4 mile at a slow pace and work up from there after PT was over. I once thought it was healed and stood up when leaving a baseball game and reinjured it. That's how balky it was.

I was told surgery would be very invasive as it is a muscle very deep, running from the groin/pelvis up to the lumbar vertebrae.

If Mecole is dealing with that, I can understand why he hasn't come back fully within the context of a football season, and reinjured it almost right away. I'd say I wasn't completely right again until after several months of professional PT and then constant stretching/exercises at home. I'd say 6-8 months for a poor slob to get back to just being able to jog.

It seems to be all better now, almost 8 years since the initial injury and 6 since the last time I reinjured it and last had PT. Still gets a little sore after running, but especially walking long distances.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 10:23 AM 02-04-2023
So JuJu came into the Hy-Vee where my wife works last night after a late treatment session. He signed some autographs at checkout and was really cool. My wife asked him if he was going to be ready for Super Bowl Sunday and he smiled real big and said he was going to be ready to go!

https://ibb.co/cCjGwvX

Can't seem to get my image to embed, autograph is at the link!
[Reply]
irafreak 11:44 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Mecole rehurt himself making a clutch 3rd down catch for a first down. He held onto the ball in a lot of pain. I think he deserves kudos for that.
And didn't his second jet sweep pickup the yard we needed for a first? He got blasted too.
[Reply]
scho63 11:53 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
That might be the highlight of his career. :-)

I was hoping for so much more from this guy. He shows a spark and then we go backwards.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:04 PM 02-04-2023
I actually thought Mecole was playing himself out of our price range this offseason. This injury, I think, makes him a priority for re-sign now.

We should probably offer him this year's JuJu contract, and he would probably take that. I think it's the smartest thing to do for both parties.

Stay healthy for most of the season, keep racking up touchdowns on sweeps and keep running Wasp. He'll get $12m/year from some team in 2024.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 38
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up