ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 74 of 146
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:35 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
My thinking is Hurts' shoulder is the real key, more so than Mahomes' lingering ankle injury or our WRs injuries.
Call me delusional but I'm really not all that worried about our receiving corps. I'm confident, based on initial reporting from Andy himself, that Toney and JuJu play anyway. At the very least, we get one of them. But even if not, we've seen what MVS can do and Watson is a viable WR. Moore has had all year and if there's ever a time he's at an all time confidence level, it's now. As for Kemp, he's been in the system 5 years (hurt all of 2019) and Mahomes even mentioned his confidence level in Kemp during his AFCCG post game presser. You could do a lot worse at your 4th WR position, which would really be like the 5th option even on 4 WR sets. Marsette is a dart throw but if he's getting multiple targets, we're probably FUBAR'd anyway. This game screams Kelce, Gray, McKinnon and Pacheco in the pass game. Plus, when you have a God at QB, he can make a cock of the walk rooster out of chicken shit.
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:38 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Honestly the Eagles improved a ton on defense as well. I would think it’s probably close. KC needs to game plan for Reddick because if I am the Eagles I probably send him on Brown’s side as he has issues with speed rushers.
On a yards per play basis, Philly was really good last year: 5.2. Improved to 4.8 this year while we went went from 5.8 to 5.1. Yeah, both teams are better, but our improvement is more pronounced.

I think the game is close to a coin flip if both teams are healthy, with us with a slight advantage. Given the injuries, hard to say, but Philly could potentially be more affected.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:40 PM 02-03-2023
The Franchise baby! INSPIRATION!

Sorry if repost - INCREDIBLE! Let's FREAKING GEAUX!
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:40 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Call me delusional but I'm really not all that worried about our receiving corps. I'm confident, based on initial reporting from Andy himself, that Toney and JuJu play anyway. At the very least, we get one of them. But even if not, we've seen what MVS can do and Watson is a viable WR. Moore has had all year and if there's ever a time he's at an all time confidence level, it's now. As for Kemp, he's been in the system 5 years (hurt all of 2019) and Mahomes even mentioned his confidence level in Kemp during his AFCCG post game presser. You could do a lot worse at your 4th WR position, which would really be like the 5th option even on 4 WR sets. Marsette is a dart throw but if he's getting multiple targets, we're probably FUBAR'd anyway. This game screams Kelce, Gray, McKinnon and Pacheco in the pass game. Plus, when you have a God at QB, he can make a cock of the walk rooster out of chicken shit.
If JuJu and Toney play and are close to 100% and Mahomes is dancing around back there and scrambling like usual, I really like our chances.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:58 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
On a yards per play basis, Philly was really good last year: 5.2. Improved to 4.8 this year while we went went from 5.8 to 5.1. Yeah, both teams are better, but our improvement is more pronounced.

I think the game is close to a coin flip if both teams are healthy, with us with a slight advantage. Given the injuries, hard to say, but Philly could potentially be more affected.
As long as KC can contain their pass rush off the ends I like their chances. I just wonder how effective KC will be with that as we don’t exactly have Roaf or Tait on there.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:00 PM 02-03-2023
Is Fortson able to go? He could be a nice piece to have in the RZ.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:01 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
As long as KC can contain their pass rush off the ends I like their chances. I just wonder how effective KC will be with that as we don’t exactly have Roaf or Tait on there.
13P will help with that, and fortunately we run a ton of it.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:02 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Is Fortson able to go? He could be a nice piece to have in the RZ.
Yeah he's GTG. He could definitely play a role.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:07 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I may have to put some money down on this one.

This kinda feels like it's over by the end of the 3rd. The more I look into it, I just don't think the Eagles match up well with us.

They'll have to just bludgeon us with the run game and A) I don't think they can, B) I don't think they will.

Like it or not, coaches are human. These guys are on the big stage and it's Siriani's first time out there. I just can't see him spamming inside hand-offs at 4 yards/carry. It's exactly what cost Shanahan against us.

"Oh well Siriani won't stop running if he gets a lead..."

Wanna bet? He's gonna feel the need to peacock and put his stamp on it.

But more than that, I don't think he'll GET that kind of lead. They just don't have a team that is built to run away from us.

In a vacuum I think Philly is a more talented team than Cincy, but I think Cincy was a tougher out for us.

I went with -7.5, +285. Going big!
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 09:08 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I just hope the ones that can play can play at full game speed and catch the damn ball on critical Third Down plays. Really think MVS is gonna have to carry, can't believe I'm saying this.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:13 PM 02-03-2023
Per coach Toub, Skyy will not be returning kicks/punts in the Super Bowl, barring an emergency.
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:00 PM 02-03-2023
Per coach Toub, Skyy will not be returning kicks/punts in the Super Bowl, barring an emergency.
Further evidence that supports Toney playing.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:10 PM 02-03-2023
Well, that's kind of why I asked. But i also was interested in if they made any schematic changes, as I saw that Fangio became their 'defensive consultant,' at the beginning of the season, and he knows Pat and the Chiefs old offense pretty well. So that might slow down the Chiefs offense a bit at first.
Bah.

All this Fangio stuff is entirely overrated in my opinion.

It's just disguising various zones with deep safeties while a very talented front four get to the passer.

It's nothing without a stellar pass rush from the front four. It's not some genius scheme.

Build a bad-assed pass rushing line, and anyone looks like a defensive genius.

It's the horses.

of course, Philly has the horses.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:24 PM 02-03-2023
:-)FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
:-)FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank">
:-)3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;">View this post on Instagram

:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">A post shared by Kansas City Chiefs (@chiefs)

[Reply]
Megatron96 11:24 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Bah.

All this Fangio stuff is entirely overrated in my opinion.

It's just disguising various zones with deep safeties while a very talented front four get to the passer.

It's nothing without a stellar pass rush from the front four. It's not some genius scheme.

Build a bad-assed pass rushing line, and anyone looks like a defensive genius.

It's the horses.

of course, Philly has the horses.
It's not necessarily the schemes I'm talking about. It's that he had three seasons to study Andy's offense and Mahomes, which a lot more than the PHI DC has had. And not just film; he's been on the sidelines seeing how everything works first-hand. He's going to know situational tendencies, subtle formation or even player packages and what Andy likes to run from them. He's going to have some kind of a book just on Andy and Mahomes. If he's as good a DC as everyone says he is, that book is going to be pretty thick after playing against KC for three seasons x2.

Now, Andy is the king of breaking his own tendencies, and PHI probably can't just adopt Fangio's defense in a week and a half (don't think they would anyway), so it's not a huge advantage either. But the PHI DC would be a pretty dumb clown not to ask Fangio if he could look at that book.
[Reply]
Page 74 of 146
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124 > Last »
Up