ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Watching Tony Romo is insufferable anymore.
Sofa King 12:45 PM 01-15-2023
He doesn't do any of the stuff he did that first year. Doesn't break down the plays, doesn't play Romostradamus, etc. He just takes a ball washing angle on a few players and plays contrarian on any big plays that could go either way. He's never right on those either.

Today after a completed pass by Allen he says "And that's why they call him Mr. January!"

Who says that? Has anyone ever heard that? lol. They can't say that each of the last two years for sure after we beat them.

EDIT: :-) :-) My brother just sent this link. Someone else apparently agrees with me. There's some tweets in it too.

https://fansided.com/2023/01/15/tony..._b8vjxB_X3XYfg

Tony Romo tried to pay Josh Allen a compliment with a new nickname, but we’re pretty sure this one isn’t going to stick… yet.

In his young NFL career, Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen has played six NFL playoff games in January. His 3-3 record is apparently enough to earn him the title of “Mr. January,” that is, if you ask CBS color commentator Tony Romo.

To be fair, Allen does have a 106.6 passer rating, an average of over 285 yards per game, 14 touchdowns and 1 interception, but in January the thing that matters most is simple: Wins. To give Allen such a nickname while calling the first quarter of the Wild Card game between the Dolphins and Bills was probably a bit of a leap.

Nicknames used to mean something! They were earned!

Of course, if what he meant was that Allen has yet to get his team to February, well, that’s technically true.

Fans were not a fan of this nickname and took to Twitter to roast Romo for naming him that.

Fans roast Tony Romo for giving Josh Allen the nickname of “Mr. January”
Technically the truth fits here:
Maybe this will be the year for Allen and the Bills:
Have you ever tried to get something to catch on? It’s hard work!
Stop trying to make Mr. January happen!
As far as a better candidate for the title, right now it’s probably Patrick Mahomes. Mahomes is 7-2 compared to Allen’s 3-3 in January playoff games.
Remember, Romo’s playing career only consisted of two playoff wins, so while he’s one of the smartest and more entertaining color commentators, his personal playoff experience isn’t the most expansive.
That in mind, maybe we can cut him some slack for the nickname.
[Reply]
Sofa King 02:28 PM 01-15-2023
Originally Posted by CatinKS:
Still take Romo over Dungy. Dungy might as well been calling a bingo game at the senior center on Saturday.
Yeah, that’s true.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 02:29 PM 01-15-2023
He just needs to tone it down a bit...he sounds like those grating analyst voices on the football video games that repeat the same recorded schtick over and over.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:29 PM 01-15-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Or commenting on people complaining.
Wipe those tears out of your goatee boy
[Reply]
tredadda 02:30 PM 01-15-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Wipe those tears out of your goatee boy
:-) Clown.
[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 02:33 PM 01-15-2023
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Apparently Josh Allen is Jesus Christ according to Tony
Once he starts ball washing Patrick you’ll be OK with it. He loves Mahomes.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 02:38 PM 01-15-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
It ain't CP if we're not complaining about something
Speaking of complaining the QT in Pleasant Valley doesn’t have their glory hole anymore where’s the next best option
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:39 PM 01-15-2023
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Speaking of complaining the QT in Pleasant Valley doesn’t have their glory hole anymore where’s the next best option
Come over and hot glue sum cardboard on my butthole
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01-15-2023, 02:40 PM
This message has been deleted by siberian khatru. Reason: Wrong thread
RINGLEADER 02:48 PM 01-15-2023
He doesn’t seem to possess the ability to describe basic plays as being basic plays. He just won’t shut up.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 02:49 PM 01-15-2023
Originally Posted by Straight, No Chaser:
I couldn't care less about that. He's a terrible commentator these days.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:54 PM 01-15-2023
No matter what happens Romo can’t help commenting on Allen. Skylar misses a deep shot and Romo has to say that Allen makes that throw.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:56 PM 01-15-2023
Originally Posted by Straight, No Chaser:
Not enough for my tastes.

If he's gonna ball wash Allen THIS much, we should be getting a non stop feed of Mahomes love.

He doesn't do that.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:00 PM 01-15-2023
I've said early and often that he's Madden 2.0. And I don't mean that as a compliment. Madden never shut up. And Romo never shuts up. He's another massively overrated blathering jackass who endlessly runs his mouth. Still waiting for him to break out the clicker. And while Madden was somewhat offset by Pat Summerall, Romo is the baby nobody puts in a corner.

It's a damn shame too, because he is very knowledgeable. He was awesome in his first couple of seasons as a commentator. But now he's a babbling, ballwashing douche who has become so full of himself that even Joe Buck is somehow a bit less annoying.
[Reply]
tredadda 03:02 PM 01-15-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I've said early and often that he's Madden 2.0. And I don't mean that as a compliment. Madden never shut up. And Romo never shuts up. He's another massively overrated blathering jackass who endlessly runs his mouth. Still waiting for him to break out the clicker. And while Madden was somewhat offset by Pat Summerall, Romo is the baby nobody puts in a corner.

It's a damn shame too, because he is very knowledgeable. He was awesome in his first couple of seasons as a commentator. But now he's a babbling, ballwashing douche who has become so full of himself that even Joe Buck is somehow a bit less annoying.
He’s Collinsworth bad.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:06 PM 01-15-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
He’s Collinsworth bad.
He's gone far beyond Collinsworth.

I hope Fox manages to lure him away from CBS, so that he'll mostly ruin NFC games.
[Reply]
PHOG 03:07 PM 01-15-2023
Mr. January :-):-):-):-) I had to do a doubletake WTF?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up