ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 12
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Watching Tony Romo is insufferable anymore.
Sofa King 12:45 PM 01-15-2023
He doesn't do any of the stuff he did that first year. Doesn't break down the plays, doesn't play Romostradamus, etc. He just takes a ball washing angle on a few players and plays contrarian on any big plays that could go either way. He's never right on those either.

Today after a completed pass by Allen he says "And that's why they call him Mr. January!"

Who says that? Has anyone ever heard that? lol. They can't say that each of the last two years for sure after we beat them.

EDIT: :-) :-) My brother just sent this link. Someone else apparently agrees with me. There's some tweets in it too.

https://fansided.com/2023/01/15/tony..._b8vjxB_X3XYfg

Tony Romo tried to pay Josh Allen a compliment with a new nickname, but we’re pretty sure this one isn’t going to stick… yet.

In his young NFL career, Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen has played six NFL playoff games in January. His 3-3 record is apparently enough to earn him the title of “Mr. January,” that is, if you ask CBS color commentator Tony Romo.

To be fair, Allen does have a 106.6 passer rating, an average of over 285 yards per game, 14 touchdowns and 1 interception, but in January the thing that matters most is simple: Wins. To give Allen such a nickname while calling the first quarter of the Wild Card game between the Dolphins and Bills was probably a bit of a leap.

Nicknames used to mean something! They were earned!

Of course, if what he meant was that Allen has yet to get his team to February, well, that’s technically true.

Fans were not a fan of this nickname and took to Twitter to roast Romo for naming him that.

Fans roast Tony Romo for giving Josh Allen the nickname of “Mr. January”
Technically the truth fits here:
Maybe this will be the year for Allen and the Bills:
Have you ever tried to get something to catch on? It’s hard work!
Stop trying to make Mr. January happen!
As far as a better candidate for the title, right now it’s probably Patrick Mahomes. Mahomes is 7-2 compared to Allen’s 3-3 in January playoff games.
Remember, Romo’s playing career only consisted of two playoff wins, so while he’s one of the smartest and more entertaining color commentators, his personal playoff experience isn’t the most expansive.
That in mind, maybe we can cut him some slack for the nickname.
[Reply]
TLO 12:46 PM 01-15-2023
Yep
[Reply]
Pablo 12:47 PM 01-15-2023
He's already worse than Joe Buck somehow.

Never thought I'd say that. Just impressive what a queermo blabber mouth he is.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 12:47 PM 01-15-2023
All the fun stuff that Romo brought to the table his first year has been eradicated.

Now he is just insufferable and a fanboy.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:49 PM 01-15-2023
Don't you think that just maybe you really want the Bills to get eliminated and Josh Allen does amazing shit and you don't want to see it and you don't want to hear about it so when he ball-washes Allen it grates on your nerves?

Because he does the same thing for Mahomes.
[Reply]
Iconic 12:50 PM 01-15-2023
I would rather guys like Romo and Collinsworth than 99% of the trash heap that is NFL commentators. Yeah no thanks OP.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:51 PM 01-15-2023
I’ve read that they (meaning the CBS producers, I guess) actually told him to tone it down on the Romostradamus stuff.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:51 PM 01-15-2023
They refuse to admit Allen’s flaws.
[Reply]
Sofa King 12:52 PM 01-15-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Don't you think that just maybe you really want the Bills to get eliminated and Josh Allen does amazing shit and you don't want to see it and you don't want to hear about it so when he ball-washes Allen it grates on your nerves?

Because he does the same thing for Mahomes.
I knew someone would bring this up. The problem is I hate him during Chiefs games too. He says the exact same shit every single week. He's Collinsworth which even shittier takes but a less annoying voice.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 12:53 PM 01-15-2023
Originally Posted by Iconic:
I would rather guys like Romo and Collinsworth than 99% of the trash heap that is NFL commentators. Yeah no thanks OP.
I used to like both Romo and Collinsworth. They both are insufferable now. Collinsworth thinks every player he comments on is the best in the NFL. It gets old.
[Reply]
Sofa King 12:53 PM 01-15-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I’ve read that they (meaning the CBS producers, I guess) actually told him to tone it down on the Romostradamus stuff.
I wondered about this. People loved it so it only makes sense that CBS would take it away.
[Reply]
Sofa King 12:53 PM 01-15-2023
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
I used to like both Romo and Collinsworth. They both are insufferable now. Collinsworth thinks every player he comments on is the best in the NFL. It gets old.
Now here's a guy....
[Reply]
Jerm 12:54 PM 01-15-2023
I wish he’d just go to the sidelines and blow Allen at this point and get it over with…
[Reply]
SupDock 01-15-2023, 12:55 PM
This message has been deleted by SupDock.
Kiimo 12:56 PM 01-15-2023
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
They refuse to admit Allen’s flaws.
It's hilarious that you think announcers should talk about players' flaws instead of hyping them up.

They announce the game and try to highlight things people should be excited to watch. To make money.

If you want to talk about flaws there are shows all week that will do this for you.
[Reply]
Pablo 12:58 PM 01-15-2023
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I wish he’d just go to the sidelines and blow Allen at this point and get it over with…
Tony after visiting the Bills locker room at half

[Reply]
Page 1 of 12
1 234511 > Last »
Up