ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 29
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Harrison Butker
TLO 11:41 PM 11-06-2022
I'm not the type to overreact, but Butker is starting to worry me a bit.

He needs to be money in games like this one, and he wasn't.
[Reply]
Oh Snap 01:38 PM 11-07-2022
I'm thinking he has some lingering injury issues. We went for it on 4th down in OT inside the 10. That told me Andy didn't think he was 100%
[Reply]
tredadda 01:41 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I agree and Harrison still hits most of them. Hell, our "other" kickers highlighted how bad it can be. Perhaps I'm focusing some of that blame onto Butker when he doesn't deserve it.
Like someone else said, I will take Butker over anyone not named Tucker. While kickers should hit every XP, they don’t. No different than an NFL QB hitting a 20 yard crosser. At that level they should never miss that throw, but they do. It’s funny but it might be my bad memory but it feels like Butker misses more XPs than he should while being very accurate on FGs.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:46 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
No, that's just this season. The field goals don't bother me nearly as much as the extra points. Those need to be close to automatic.
I guess I don't understand that mentality. I get that they're automatic but I'm fine with Shaq being a bad free throw shooter if he can score at will. In the rare instance where the guy is really really good at FGs but inconsistent on PATs I'd WAY prefer that even over an above average fg kicker who was automatic at PATs.

FG misses are momentum killers. They force coaches to go after low probability 4th downs or to punt instead of saving points. They gift the other team field position. PATs do none of those things. They're just annoying misses that the team can and should recover from.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:05 PM 11-07-2022
He's in his own head and that's very bad for a kicker.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 05:14 PM 11-07-2022
He'll be fine by the time it really matters

I'm still going to talk shit in the get if he fucks up
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:20 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by Oh Snap:
I'm thinking he has some lingering injury issues. We went for it on 4th down in OT inside the 10. That told me Andy didn't think he was 100%
Yep. Mahomes reacted a bit oddly to that, like even he was surprised we were going for it. Dudes ankle is pretty clearly still not 100%
[Reply]
Rausch 05:24 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
He's in his own head and that's very bad for a kicker.
Most kickers have a slump here or there. Just like batters.

He'll work through it and be fine it's not like this is the first time he's missed a layup and then made a 50+ yarder. He's done this before. He'll work it out...
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:54 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Like someone else said, I will take Butker over anyone not named Tucker. While kickers should hit every XP, they don’t. No different than an NFL QB hitting a 20 yard crosser. At that level they should never miss that throw, but they do. It’s funny but it might be my bad memory but it feels like Butker misses more XPs than he should while being very accurate on FGs.
Anyone who wants him gone, should have an eye removed with a serrated melon baller
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:23 PM 11-07-2022
Butker is the worst kicker in the NFL this year. Time to shut him down the rest of the year.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:23 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Anyone who wants him gone, should have an eye removed with a serrated melon baller
He still seems hurt or something. He has been awful.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:32 PM 11-07-2022
He sucks
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:18 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Most kickers have a slump here or there. Just like batters.

He'll work through it and be fine it's not like this is the first time he's missed a layup and then made a 50+ yarder. He's done this before. He'll work it out...
True, but a slump in a 16-game season can't be as long as a slump in a 180-game season. Let's hope next week he's the Buttkicker of old, not the guy we simply can't trust when the game is on the line.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:19 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Pffffft. Child's play.
[Reply]
rydogg58 08:28 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I've felt that as well. Not just with Butker, but leaguewide. It seems like every week some kicker is missing XP tries. Well...we aren't just imagining it since the success rate of XP kicks is the lowest it's been since 1979. At least according to this article from last year.
https://www.axios.com/2021/12/10/nfl...t-success-rate
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:45 PM 11-07-2022
If we look at all kickers since 2017, Butker's first year with the Chiefs, here are some stats to consider.

Extra Points

Harrison has made 245 out of 261 extra point attempts, good for 93.8 percent.

93.8 percent ranks him 21st in the league among kickers with 100 or more extra point attempts. There are 31 kickers who have attempted 100 or more extra points during that span. So about 2/3 of kickers have had more success.

His 245 extra points and 261 attempts are the most in the league during that span.

Field Goals

Among kickers who have attempted 50 or more field goals since 2017, Harrison ranks 4th in field goal percentage at 88.8 percent among 42 kickers.

The only four with a higher percent are Graham Gano (92.3%), Justin Tucker (92.1%), and Josh Lambo (91.6%).

Harrison ranks 5th in the number of field goal attempts at 170 attempts.

The only kicker with more field goal attempts and a higher field goal percentage is Justin Tucker (189 attempts).

I don't see a way to rank attempts by length of field goals, so we don't know which kickers have the easiest kicking assignments or the hardest.

Summary

Harrison is better than 90 percent of kickers on field goal attempts, and is better than about one-third of kickers on extra points.

I'm a bit surprised about the extra points rankings. I figured he had more misses just because he had so many more attempts.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 29
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up