ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 35
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Bryan Cook Thread*****
Dante84 07:18 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Cook was the third-most valuable safety in college football in 2021 #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/PpjLYjZwK5

— Eric Eager ���� (@PFF_Eric) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:55 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Don't draft based on need says all of CP

Five minutes later I don't understand how this guy fits certain schemes!!!
And if I felt this guy was a pure BPA pick I’d be fine with that. I don’t think that’s the case.

They DID pick based on need and, IMO, prioritized a position of marginal importance.

Moreover, nobody says you don’t consider need, they say don’t REACH based on need and that’s exactly what the Chiefs did here.

But enjoy your straw man.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:57 AM 04-30-2022
DJ honest question. If the guy didn't test and we don't have a lot of numbers are you saying that you have crunched tape on this guy like Veach has?

Cincy’s secondary was really good last year, Gardner, Cobe Bryant and Cook were studs. Cook didn't allow a touchdown.

Do you really know what he is capable of? If so more power to you I just know I'm not making the effort to roll All 22 Cinci footage.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:58 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think if the Raiders take this guy in the second you make fun of them for drafting a 4th round version of Jonathan Abram in the 2nd round.

The mood is up so everyone loves this pick, but this one’s pretty damn iffy. Underwater on pure value based on ANY objective review, not a position of true immediate need and not much ceiling.

This is a questionable pick that nobody wants to actually question because they like the other picks.
I feel the exact same way DJ. I didn’t like this pick. He’s a very reliable tackler but his coverage skills seem below what I’d like.

I wonder if he can cover TE’s well bc if he can that would help us a lot.

I really wanted a pass rusher there but it seems like the board went dry with Williams and Jackson gone. Travis Jones and Perrion Winfrey falling says a lot.

I really do think Sam Williams or Drake Jackson are Chiefs if they fall to us. They didn’t trade up for them bc they needed more picks today thus the trade down earlier.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:02 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
DJ honest question. If the guy didn't test and we don't have a lot of numbers are you saying that you have crunched tape on this guy like Veach has?

Cincy’s secondary was really good last year, Gardner, Cobe Bryant and Cook were studs. Cook didn't allow a touchdown.

Do you really know what he is capable of? If so more power to you I just know I'm not making the effort to roll All 22 Cinci footage.
No - I’m not a scout.

I’m reasonably well informed. More so than most.

And as I said a couple of days ago - Veach isn’t infallible. I’m not going to check my judgment at the door. Not sure why anyone would. This front office has made plenty of mistakes and the times they’ve gotten things right, I’ve largely agreed with the decisions in real time. When they haven’t, I’ve largely disagreed.

I think my barometer is good enough for me to at least continue using it, if not bet my life on it.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:05 AM 04-30-2022
Well if this is the one miss and all we get is a guy who is a tackle machine I'm not going to be that sad. It could be worse, it could be Breeland Speaks and that's all we get in the second.

With so many picks this draft is already a huge success.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:07 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I feel the exact same way DJ. I didn’t like this pick. He’s a very reliable tackler but his coverage skills seem below what I’d like.

I wonder if he can cover TE’s well bc if he can that would help us a lot.

I really wanted a pass rusher there but it seems like the board went dry with Williams and Jackson gone. Travis Jones and Perrion Winfrey falling says a lot.

I really do think Sam Williams or Drake Jackson are Chiefs if they fall to us. They didn’t trade up for them bc they needed more picks today thus the trade down earlier.
Bonitto, while more limited than Jackson or Williams, would’ve been a very nice option as a potential situational pass rusher.

We just have such a dire situation there that I simply can’t see why we attacked nickel safety instead of addressing it.
[Reply]
Best22 11:14 AM 04-30-2022
Bonitto, while more limited than Jackson or Williams, would’ve been a very nice option as a potential situational pass rusher.

We just have such a dire situation there that I simply can’t see why we attacked nickel safety instead of addressing it.
Veach probably saw Cook playing more snaps in this defense than Bonitto, who would be a 240lbs DE. Obviously you can move Nik around and I love his juice and athleticism, but I understand why KC would favor Cook over Nik at the end of the 2nd round
[Reply]
Iconic 12:25 PM 04-30-2022
Veach did mention that Cook would be A LOT higher on many teams boards if it wasn't for not participating in any drills at the combine. Said we benefited heavily from the shoulder injury and got a steal because he would have probably blown it up based off what they saw on tape.

Although this was my least favorite pick at first, after hearing Veach you get the sense that we got a major hidden gem.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:31 PM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Veach did mention that Cook would be A LOT higher on many teams boards if it wasn't for not participating in any drills at the combine. Said we benefited heavily from the shoulder injury and got a steal because he would have probably blown it up based off what they saw on tape.

Although this was my least favorite pick at first, after hearing Veach you get the sense that we got a major hidden gem.
This is a great point. I’ve seen multiple people saying that he would’ve tested extremely well.

I think there’s more upside to this pick than people realize because of that.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:34 PM 04-30-2022

Like his pass rush skills but he’s a small guy. He’s a big liability against the run. He bulked up to about 250 before the combine but was lighter during the season.

His frame is small and his arms are short.

He’s a one trick pony who relies solely on speed.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:32 PM 04-30-2022
We haven't had a guy that could cover TE's in five years. The last was a healthy Eric Berry. I think we finally have our guy here. At least I hope so. KC was close to last in the NFL in yards given up to TE's last year. Never had an answer.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:44 PM 04-30-2022
I think people would like this pick a lot more if he would’ve tested (and tested well like expected).
[Reply]
JPH83 12:16 AM 05-01-2022

As the draft unfolded I did think "I bet DJ is hating this"! Or at least, has criticisms. On Cook I entirely agree I think you and others convinced me we needed that double dip at DL. I mean Travis Jones was available so that stings. But more importantly Cook doesn't even look like the best safety at that point. I can live with it and I reckon he could be decent, but it's my least favourite pick.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:18 AM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think people would like this pick a lot more if he would’ve tested (and tested well like expected).
Not sure he was testing better than Cross, so I doubt it. I just think DL was the pick here. Some decent pass rusher and DTs were available.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:20 AM 05-01-2022
I'm not a huge fan of this pick time will tell if I'm wrong. With that said I love how he and every pick we drafted on defense is physical. I've been a huge critic of Veach's drafts prior to last year but this on paper was a damn good draft.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 35
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up