ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 35
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Bryan Cook Thread*****
Dante84 07:18 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Cook was the third-most valuable safety in college football in 2021 #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/PpjLYjZwK5

— Eric Eager ���� (@PFF_Eric) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:03 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Have people forgotten that Spagnuolo preferred to start Sorenson over Thornhill for damn near half a season and only made the switch after multiple game swinging ****ups by Sorenson. I just don't think Thornhill is though of that highly in the organization. Maybe he takes at or near vet min to stay but other than that he's probably gone.
I was thinking purely on an athletic basis. But no I haven’t forgotten. Thornhill has had some good games lately though.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:27 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
That's just a hell of a play. High safety jumps the slant, realizes it's a s and go and turns and runs and finds the ball and makes a play on it.
J. Williams just needs to high-step out of Tee Higgins' swipe-tackle, and he could have run all day. He was clear to the 50 and had blockers in front.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:28 PM 02-03-2023
We'll know exactly what the Chiefs think of Cook if they let Thornhill walk.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:32 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
J. Williams just needs to high-step out of Tee Higgins' swipe-tackle, and he could have run all day. He was clear to the 50 and had blockers in front.
Looking at it he seemed to have a ton of room to run. Wasn't sure how much though.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:33 PM 02-03-2023
We'll know exactly what the Chiefs think of Cook if they let Thornhill walk.
Thornhill has a say in that as well. If he is looking for a big payday he's probably gone. I could see them resigning him if he is reasonable with his demands.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:37 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Thornhill has a say in that as well. If he is looking for a big payday he's probably gone. I could see them resigning him if he is reasonable with his demands.
What we believe is reasonable about half the time is below market value for these guys. Every year we as fans are super shocked that somebody gets paid a fat bag.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:43 PM 02-03-2023
Thornhill may need to accept not just a cheap 1-year deal, but also Cook being the starter. And that might be too much for him.

Cook's made some rookie mistakes. But he also flashed in that AFCCG in a way I can't remember Thornhill doing for a long time.
[Reply]
Hoover 01:46 PM 02-03-2023
Veach nailed the draft. We can return the entire secondary minus Thornhill next season. If Sneed gets grumpy about not getting the new deal he will want he can play out the final year of his contract or force a trade. Chiefs are in a great position IMO.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:02 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Veach nailed the draft. We can return the entire secondary minus Thornhill next season. If Sneed gets grumpy about not getting the new deal he will want he can play out the final year of his contract or force a trade. Chiefs are in a great position IMO.
Bart rebuilt damn near the entire defense with last year’s draft.

Just need a 3rd safety, a DE opposite Furious George, and some DT depth.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:04 PM 02-03-2023
Thornhill may need to accept not just a cheap 1-year deal, but also Cook being the starter. And that might be too much for him.

Cook's made some rookie mistakes. But he also flashed in that AFCCG in a way I can't remember Thornhill doing for a long time.
https://youtu.be/bnVXIUyshng
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:04 PM 02-03-2023
I want Snead back, but you’d have to think they could get a nice return on that. Especially when you consider how minimal the initial investment was.
[Reply]
kozzman555 04:29 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I want Snead back, but you’d have to think they could get a nice return on that. Especially when you consider how minimal the initial investment was.
Imagine how dominant our secondary could be with Snead and then McDuffie, Watson, Williams, and Cook as 2nd year players, with Reid as well. Even without the draft, our only weakness would be what, the DE opposite Karlaftis??
[Reply]
Hoover 04:45 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by kozzman555:
Imagine how dominant our secondary could be with Snead and then McDuffie, Watson, Williams, and Cook as 2nd year players, with Reid as well. Even without the draft, our only weakness would be what, the DE opposite Karlaftis??
Agree. Its odd saying this a week before we play in the Super Bowl, but I'm really excited about what next year could look like.

As for the prospect of trading Sneed. I want him to be a Chief. But when you are a team like the Chiefs you just can't be married to everyone because of Mahomes. I think a deal can be worked out. I'm not nervous at all about it, but if it were to sour you get picks and move on and you keep the roster young, cheap, and talented.
[Reply]
JPH83 05:55 AM 02-04-2023
Agree. Its odd saying this a week before we play in the Super Bowl, but I'm really excited about what next year could look like.

As for the prospect of trading Sneed. I want him to be a Chief. But when you are a team like the Chiefs you just can't be married to everyone because of Mahomes. I think a deal can be worked out. I'm not nervous at all about it, but if it were to sour you get picks and move on and you keep the roster young, cheap, and talented.
I was thinking the same. If we lost and were close it'd be gutting, but I'd still feel like there's a really good opportunity for this team to come back better next year with a more complete roster.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:03 PM 03-22-2023
This is an impressive physique for a safety that can run

[Reply]
Page 24 of 35
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up