ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 32
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>If the Chiefs took WR Christian Watson at 30…
staylor26 02:01 PM 03-11-2022
How would you feel about that?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:51 AM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
All you've ever done is post bullshit on WR's.

You claim a bunch of Nostradamus shit you supposedly said with no proof. Nobody can find it. Shocking.

You say nobody's gotten way better at running routes, which is, of course, utter bullshit. All of these guys have to get better because they got away with some shit they won't be able to in the NFL. There's a word for WR's that don't get significantly better: it's called BUST. Then you want to move the goalposts.

you're full of shit on WR's.

You can turn off caps lock now grandpa.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:00 PM 04-28-2022
My takes on the 2022 WR's:

Olave-does everything pretty well. I don't really see a gamebreaker. Probably going to be a good player, but is he worth multiple #1s to go get? No, I don't think so.

Garrett Wilson-I see a little more explosion than with Olave; a little more suddenness and looks to me to have an extra gear. worth multiple #1s? No, I don't think so.

London-looks like a less physical Mike Evans, and I don't think that'll play. I think he's a bust in the first.

Jameson Williams-he's explosive, he's a quick twitch guy, he's a really good Wr prospect-and he's also hurt. He's probably a wash in year one. Would I spend multiple #1's for him? Nope.

Burks-looks like a LB playing WR. He's not FAST per se, but he does have a second gear. I see AJ Brown, which is a useful player. I'd take him if he fell but I wouldn't go get him.

Watson-boom or bust. #2 RAS in 35 years, out of 2,613 WR's at the combine. He'll be as great as he wants to be. What the answer to that is, I have no idea. Knowing what I know, I wouldn't take him in the first, but I would in the 2nd. Reid and Veach know more than we do.

Pickens-he's an ass. But he seems to be a hard working ass, blocks hard, plays with a chip on his shoulder. I'd take him. I think as long as he doesn't embarass off the field we can handle and harness that attitude.

Metchie-I don't see as much separation between Metchie and Williams as draftniks seem to. I think Metchie has just as much upside, and would be a great player in this offense.

Moore-I just don't see anything special here. I think he's a slot WR that can move the chains, but not a difference maker. There are no definable elite traits.

how's that? That's my take on the top WR's.

What's so unreasonable about that?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:01 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
You can turn off caps lock now grandpa.
Uhh, one word is in caps.

Now we're trying to sling some insults, all because I pointed out that you said something really stupid. Ok.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:03 PM 04-28-2022
Uhh, one word is in caps.

Now we're trying to sling some insults, all because I pointed out that you said something really stupid. Ok.
Tell you what.

Me vs You.

You're convinced you're some kind of WR guru and every player you like has untapped potential. Since I'm not as smart as you, contest.

You get Christian Watson. I will take a player drafted after the 1st round to beat him.

Deal?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:10 PM 04-28-2022
Tell you what.

Me vs You.

You're convinced you're some kind of WR guru and every player you like has untapped potential. Since I'm not as smart as you, contest.

You get Christian Watson. I will take a player drafted after the 1st round to beat him.

Deal?
and now you want to move the goalposts to a completely different game.

I'm not the one claiming to be a WR guru, you literally have done exactly that-claiming that you had Hardman, McLaurin and Metcalf all nailed. Yet nobody can find any such thing.

I'm but a semi-knowledgeable fan. I watch some video, I read multiple scouting reports from different sources, and I think about what my eyes tell me from watching football my entire life. I love the chess match, personally, that's my favorite thing about the NFL. I make educated guess based on all of those things.

I'm no guru. As I've said many, many times-I'm not advocating for Watson in round 1. I think the questions about his rawness are legit. I think questions about the athletic ability are not. I think category one is serious enough that I wouldn't take him in round one but I would take him in the 2nd. IF Veach and Reid take him in round one, it's because they're confident in the kid's desire to be great and handle the Reid offense. IF they do, then I'll defer to them on that.

But I wouldn't. Don't try to paint this like I'm dying on the Watson hill. I'm just keeping the conversation honest and based in logic.

You're the one that's only seen two WR's get way better at route running from college to the NFL.

I say that if that's true, you haven't seen much football.
LOL
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:12 PM 04-28-2022
and now you want to move the goalposts to a completely different game.

I'm not the one claiming to be a WR guru, you literally have done exactly that-claiming that you had Hardman, McLaurin and Metcalf all nailed. Yet nobody can find any such thing.

I'm but a semi-knowledgeable fan. I watch some video, I read multiple scouting reports from different sources, and I think about what my eyes tell me from watching football my entire life. I love the chess match, personally, that's my favorite thing about the NFL. I make educated guess based on all of those things.

I'm no guru. As I've said many, many times-I'm not advocating for Watson in round 1. I think the questions about his rawness are legit. I think questions about the athletic ability are not. I think category one is serious enough that I wouldn't take him in round one but I would take him in the 2nd. IF Veach and Reid take him in round one, it's because they're confident in the kid's desire to be great and handle the Reid offense. IF they do, then I'll defer to them on that.

But I wouldn't. Don't try to paint this like I'm dying on the Watson hill. I'm just keeping the conversation honest and based in logic.

You're the one that's only seen two WR's get way better at route running from college to the NFL.

I say that if that's true, you haven't seen much football.
LOL
So you going to play or not?

If you're chicken on Watson now take anyone else not projected top 40.

I'll play. Call your WR.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:15 PM 04-28-2022
Tell you what.

Me vs You.
Nobody has to die. Just one of us.

Alright, Jon Snow.

I'll tell you what:

John Metchie will outperform 50% of the WR's taken before him in years 2 and 3. First year's likely a wash, but will be for Jameson too. Rawer guys have a year to get coached up. Years 2 and 3.

That's my deal. That's the hill I pick.

let's make this contest a sticky, put it up top there in this forum, and I'll see you in 2024.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:22 PM 04-28-2022
And you still said you'd only seen two WR's get way better at route running from college to the NFL.

No goalpost moving can erase that. No name calling can push it down in our consciousness.

you said it, you won't admit that was dumb, and we all seen't it.

:-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:23 PM 04-28-2022
Nobody has to die. Just one of us.

Alright, Jon Snow.

I'll tell you what:

John Metchie will outperform 50% of the WR's taken before him in years 2 and 3. First year's likely a wash, but will be for Jameson too. Rawer guys have a year to get coached up. Years 2 and 3.

That's my deal. That's the hill I pick.

let's make this contest a sticky, put it up top there in this forum, and I'll see you in 2024.

Cool. Metchie is solid, I expect he will be around the NFL for a while..though I don't see much upside. I value him like Zach Pascale.

I take Khalil Shakir, Boise State.

Obviously situation can put any pick in usage danger but I like my guy well enough that I'll ride with the risk.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:26 PM 04-28-2022
Girls, girls, girls - you're both pretty.

Oh wait, that's not true.

Mahomes, you're ugly and evidently as dumb as a bag of hammers.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:26 PM 04-28-2022
Cool. Metchie is solid, I expect he will be around the NFL for a while..though I don't see much upside. I value him like Zach Pascale.

I take Khalil Shakir, Boise State.

Obviously situation can put any pick in usage danger but I like my guy well enough that I'll ride with the risk.
Well, I think Metchie ends up a Chief, so there's that.

[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:27 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Girls, girls, girls - you're both pretty.

Oh wait, that's not true.

Mahomes, you're ugly and evidently as dumb as a bag of hammers.
I am pretty.

But I'm getting kind of old.

Distinguished-like.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:29 PM 04-28-2022
I like Shakir. I like Metchie better.

And you still said you'd only seen two WR's get way better at route running after being drafted into the NFL.

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:50 PM 04-28-2022
I like Shakir. I like Metchie better.

And you still said you'd only seen two WR's get way better at route running after being drafted into the NFL.

Now I have to figure out what teams will ruin your pick.

[Reply]
Shoes 01:31 PM 04-28-2022
Back on track here with Watson, here is an example of why I think some of his route running issues can be rectified early with some simple coaching:

Video should start at 2:26. Watson is running a go route, DB is about 6 yards off with about 1/2 yard outside shade when the rep starts. Obviously a go-route isn't the most technical of routes, what Watson does initially is stem the route outside to take away the outside leverage of the DB. After the first 3-4 yards, Watson then should take a more vertical path, to close the cushion that the DB has and at the last second take an outside path around the DB and use his speed to get open. If Watson goes vertical after his initial outside stem, then the DB has to defend against a go route or potentially a post route, it should give Watson then ability to make his move at the top of his route. Ideally if you run past the DB then you can "stack" him to give the QB even more room to put the ball.

What Watson does wrong is that he fades away way too much on this go route and eliminates all of the space to the sideline which doesn't give the QB any area to throw the ball, even if the ball is thrown perfectly, Watson has zero room to get his feet down.

Real simple and although some may look at the negative as to why he is making this mistake, this shows me that this player has a ton of room to grow.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 32
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Up