ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 82
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tom Brady Retiring
Dante84 01:31 PM 01-29-2022
Patrick Mahomes, you’re up.

2023 version:

Video of Tom Brady making the news official: “I’m retiring. For good.”pic.twitter.com/oEPV3smYrH https://t.co/Rt37oFP7Jh

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) February 1, 2023

2022 version:

Tom Brady is retiring from football after 22 extraordinary seasons, multiple sources tell @JeffDarlington and me.

More coming on https://t.co/rDZaVFhcDQ. pic.twitter.com/6CHWmMlyXg

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 29, 2022

EDIT: Timeline below.
1. Darlington & Schefter report Brady is retiring.
2. TB12, Tom’s brand/company, tweet (then later delete) about his retirement.
3. Toms teammates tweet about his retirement.
4. Tom’s agent, dad, Arians, and Licht all say Tom hasn’t decided yet.
5. Ian Rappaport says many sources confirm Tom plans to retire but the pushback is due to timing.
6. Tom announces retirement again in 2023.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:57 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Spott:
And Pete Carroll inexplicably throwing over the middle from the 1 yard line and not handing it off to Lynch.
Yep, one of the dumbest playcalls ever. And we are supposed to believe Brady did it all himself. Hell of a play by the defense to win that game.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 01:58 PM 01-29-2022
Yeah takes luck to get a ref with a kid named after him to ref your super bowl game.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:59 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
You’re probably right but he’s always said he wanted to play until he was 45. He had one of his better years last year. There aren’t any injury issues.

So what happened?
Maybe a handshake agreement for Brady to retire in exchange for the League keeping it quiet?

Sort of like the rumors about MJ retiring because he was about to get busted for betting on basketball (which I don’t think is true but I get why some believe that).
[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:59 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
There is no way Brady wants to retire. You can tell by his statements. I guess Giselle wins this one.
The team was going be far less talented. That helped as well.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:00 PM 01-29-2022
He was the greatest villain in sports.

I hated his guts, but this is truly the end of an era.

You can't deny his accomplishments.

And now Patrick will begin to run him down. Should be fascinating to watch.
[Reply]
backinblack 02:00 PM 01-29-2022
Finally. Fuck Tom Brady forever.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 02:00 PM 01-29-2022
Let Little House on the Prairie Tom die. It was soo fake. Rip one on the way out
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 02:00 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by LongSufferingToady:
I love pissing some of you jerks off.
No you’re an obsessed freak. I’ve got news for ya bud. Patrick isn’t leaving Brittany for you, so you should probably stop.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:00 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Yep, one of the dumbest playcalls ever. And we are supposed to believe Brady did it all himself. Hell of a play by the defense to win that game.
Did you ever find it odd that there was a story about Butler getting beat on that exact play in practice prior to the Super Bowl? Apparently, the Patriots were really determined to stop that play as part of their game plan…almost like they knew it was coming. But how would they know that? Certainly the Patriots would never spy on another team…nope. Never.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:02 PM 01-29-2022
The TB12 PED ingredients are probably harder to get with the pandemic supply chain issues.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:02 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
You’re probably right but he’s always said he wanted to play until he was 45. He had one of his better years last year. There aren’t any injury issues.

So what happened?
Wife finally convinced him that family time is a lot more important than football. We will see though. I won’t believe he is truly done until he stays retired for at least 5 years. Heck, I still expect these media reports to be wrong. We will get to Super Bowl weekend and Brady will announce that he’s not retiring.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:03 PM 01-29-2022
This screams he made his wife a 2 year deal when he left NE. He promised and he's keeping it. End of story. He got another ring so what the fuck is there to be playing for.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:04 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Wife finally convinced him that family time is a lot more important than football. We will see though. I won’t believe he is truly done until he stays retired for at least 5 years. Heck, I still expect these media reports to be wrong. We will get to Super Bowl weekend and Brady will announce that he’s not retiring.
I think he’s retired until another Buccaneers type situation pops up.

Elite roster that’s a QB away from winning. Maybe like Minnesota after Cousins’s deal is up. They can keep working on the defense for another couple years then Brady can step in with Jefferson, Theilen, and Cook.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:04 PM 01-29-2022
When the season starts and he's not on an a roster then its over.
[Reply]
eDave 02:05 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
This screams he made his wife a 2 year deal when he left NE. He promised and he's keeping it. End of story. He got another ring so what the fuck is there to be playing for.
It does?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 82
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Up