ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2409 of 2687
« First < 1409190923092359239924052406240724082409 2410241124122413241924592509 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
tredadda 02:35 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Depends on who you ask. To those who consider wins a QB stat? Yes. Those who don't? Absolutely not.
Great points although I wish wins weren’t counted at the most basic of levels. Granted that will probably never go away, but all wins and losses are not created equal.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 03:56 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I never understood why people put value in what other people's opinions of their favorite player are. He could retire after next week and I would still consider him the greatest ever. No internet stranger's opinion is going to change mine.
There are a few on this board who want Mahomes to be widely regarded as the best ever, to win as many MVPs and as many Super Bowls as possible.

Some fans take immense pride in that, I get it.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:40 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I never understood why people put value in what other people's opinions of their favorite player are. He could retire after next week and I would still consider him the greatest ever. No internet stranger's opinion is going to change mine.
Donkey fans think Elway is the best ever...they'd be wrong but they do.

Colts...Manning...again wrong.

Pats...Brady...there's a case

Niners....Montana....there's a case.

He needs titles
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:45 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
There are a few on this board who want Mahomes to be widely regarded as the best ever, to win as many MVPs and as many Super Bowls as possible.

Some fans take immense pride in that, I get it.
I think he is indeed widely regarded as the best ever among the population that understands football.

You're always going to have some dummies who can't see it, but the people whose opinions matter know.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:54 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I think he is indeed widely regarded as the best ever among the population that understands football.

You're always going to have some dummies who can't see it, but the people whose opinions matter know.
Best player I've ever seen.

But media changes it to accomplishments.

If we win this one people will get nervous.
[Reply]
irafreak 06:23 PM 02-03-2023
He's just a rare combination of insane physical talent, extremely fast brain processing, and a killer instinct. A lot of guys have talent and heart but lack the brain power. Alex Smith supposedly had the brain power but not the same talent and definitely not the killer instinct.
[Reply]
emaw82 07:28 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Best player I've ever seen.

But media changes it to accomplishments.

If we win this one people will get nervous.
The arguments are interesting for sure. Basing it solely off of SB wins is misleading IMO. If Mahomes ended his career without another SB I don't think you'd find many people who would argue that Aikman or Young were better than him (4 each), let alone Manning/Manning/Garoppolo/Big Ben (2 each). Same with whoever brought up the NBA comparison this week with Russell (11) vs MJ (7)... Although I get that is a different sport and not apples to apples. Where Brady separates himself is with his overall gaudy career stats with total tds, yards, etc. Those are more longevity stats, though, and not indicative of GOAT performance. SB wins are, too, to an extent.

If you base your argument on what a player can physically do on the field on any given Sunday, though... the physical ability, mental toughness, leadership, performance... I'm not betting against Mahomes.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:41 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by emaw82:
The arguments are interesting for sure. Basing it solely off of SB wins is misleading IMO. If Mahomes ended his career without another SB I don't think you'd find many people who would argue that Aikman or Young were better than him (4 each), let alone Manning/Manning/Garoppolo/Big Ben (2 each). Same with whoever brought up the NBA comparison this week with Russell (11) vs MJ (7)... Although I get that is a different sport and not apples to apples. Where Brady separates himself is with his overall gaudy career stats with total tds, yards, etc. Those are more longevity stats, though, and not indicative of GOAT performance. SB wins are, too, to an extent.

If you base your argument on what a player can physically do on the field on any given Sunday, though... the physical ability, mental toughness, leadership, performance... I'm not betting against Mahomes.
Brady 7 Montana and Bradshaw 4 Aikman 3 bunch of guys with 2 not named Jimmy G
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:02 PM 02-03-2023
The arguments are interesting for sure. Basing it solely off of SB wins is misleading IMO. If Mahomes ended his career without another SB I don't think you'd find many people who would argue that Aikman or Young were better than him (4 each),
I agree with your overall point. However, Steve Young won 3 Super Bowls and 2 of them were basically the equivalent of when you said Jimmy G "won 2". Nobody even considers Jimmy G to have won 2 Super Bowls. It's more like "Jimmy G" was a member of two Super Bowl winning teams. The difference, other than Young was an elite player, is that Young actually went out and won 1 on his own. Also, MJ won 6 rings. These guys are great enough without you giving them extra titles. LOL
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:12 AM 02-04-2023
Why are there no good highlight videos of Mahomes' second MVP season? I'm sure more will appear after the SB, but the regular season highlight videos are in short supply and mostly suck. They're either poorly made or leave out a ton of the best plays, or both.
[Reply]
Best22 05:37 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Why are there no good highlight videos of Mahomes' second MVP season? I'm sure more will appear after the SB, but the regular season highlight videos are in short supply and mostly suck. They're either poorly made or leave out a ton of the best plays, or both.
NFL will drop a full highlight vid for him after the Super Bowl. It’ll probably be 20 or more minutes long
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:50 AM 02-04-2023

What? Neither Aikman nor Young won 4. Aikman and Young won 3.

4 was Montana and Bradshaw.
[Reply]
Spott 07:57 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
What? Neither Aikman nor Young won 4. Aikman and Young won 3.

4 was Montana and Bradshaw.
Young only won one. Not sure if he was confusing Montana for Young when talking about 4 Super Bowl wins.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:04 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Spott:
Young only won one. Not sure if he was confusing Montana for Young when talking about 4 Super Bowl wins.
Young was on the '89, 90 teams but only QB1 won in '95, you're right.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:09 AM 02-04-2023
I'll tell you this-

Three SB's in four years is awesome.

Two out of three wondering if Mahomes can play through injury is not.

I want that fucking offensive line built into the best in football from OT to OT this offseason.
[Reply]
Page 2409 of 2687
« First < 1409190923092359239924052406240724082409 2410241124122413241924592509 > Last »
Up