ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Nzoner's Game Room>Watching Tony Romo is insufferable anymore.
Sofa King 12:45 PM 01-15-2023
He doesn't do any of the stuff he did that first year. Doesn't break down the plays, doesn't play Romostradamus, etc. He just takes a ball washing angle on a few players and plays contrarian on any big plays that could go either way. He's never right on those either.

Today after a completed pass by Allen he says "And that's why they call him Mr. January!"

Who says that? Has anyone ever heard that? lol. They can't say that each of the last two years for sure after we beat them.

EDIT: :-) :-) My brother just sent this link. Someone else apparently agrees with me. There's some tweets in it too.

https://fansided.com/2023/01/15/tony..._b8vjxB_X3XYfg

Tony Romo tried to pay Josh Allen a compliment with a new nickname, but we’re pretty sure this one isn’t going to stick… yet.

In his young NFL career, Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen has played six NFL playoff games in January. His 3-3 record is apparently enough to earn him the title of “Mr. January,” that is, if you ask CBS color commentator Tony Romo.

To be fair, Allen does have a 106.6 passer rating, an average of over 285 yards per game, 14 touchdowns and 1 interception, but in January the thing that matters most is simple: Wins. To give Allen such a nickname while calling the first quarter of the Wild Card game between the Dolphins and Bills was probably a bit of a leap.

Nicknames used to mean something! They were earned!

Of course, if what he meant was that Allen has yet to get his team to February, well, that’s technically true.

Fans were not a fan of this nickname and took to Twitter to roast Romo for naming him that.

Fans roast Tony Romo for giving Josh Allen the nickname of “Mr. January”
Technically the truth fits here:
Maybe this will be the year for Allen and the Bills:
Have you ever tried to get something to catch on? It’s hard work!
Stop trying to make Mr. January happen!
As far as a better candidate for the title, right now it’s probably Patrick Mahomes. Mahomes is 7-2 compared to Allen’s 3-3 in January playoff games.
Remember, Romo’s playing career only consisted of two playoff wins, so while he’s one of the smartest and more entertaining color commentators, his personal playoff experience isn’t the most expansive.
That in mind, maybe we can cut him some slack for the nickname.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:04 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
He is too far removed from the game these days to predict plays based upon personnel and looks. The game has passed him by and now he has to actually do the job, not just amaze us with his presnap reads.
I don't buy this one bit. There are plenty of times he makes a good call on what the play will be before the snap.

Plus, I mean, football doesn't change that much. Collinsworth and Aikman have been out of the league for far longer and they still understand the Xs and Os.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:17 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Every single former player and coach can break down the game instantaneously and come close to predicting future plays. The networks and/or league don't want them to do it.
But that's what made him so good the first year.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 03:34 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I don't buy this one bit. There are plenty of times he makes a good call on what the play will be before the snap.

Plus, I mean, football doesn't change that much. Collinsworth and Aikman have been out of the league for far longer and they still understand the Xs and Os.
They are doing a better job in preparation.

[Reply]
htismaqe 03:37 PM 02-03-2023
The thing I dislike about Romo is that right at the point where a game gets really tight (and thus interesting) he freaks out and turns into a fan.

He gets so excited that it overrides his brain and he just starts regurgitating garbage.

Plus, the way he gargled the Bengals the entire game was sickening.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:38 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Every single former player and coach can break down the game instantaneously and come close to predicting future plays. The networks and/or league don't want them to do it.
Lol, what? Have you heard some of the former players/coaches they've brought in for a game? Many of them are so far off even I know they're ignorant.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 07:01 PM 02-03-2023
Even CBS is tired of his shit. Sent two execs to meet with him for an "intervention" about his slippage.

Apparently he doesn't put the time in and is just winging it on GameDay.

It stands to reason, I mean if the guy did ANY prep at all before commenting on Josh Allen, the Mr. January bullshit probably never happens.

The guy's claim to fame is losing to Mahomes in the playoffs and this shitbird days he's Mr January. It's hilarious.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:06 PM 02-03-2023
Kevin Harlan and Trent Green is CBS’ best announcing team.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:47 PM 02-03-2023
The whole thing is hilarious with Romo and the "intervention". They are stuck with him, because the dipshits gave him a 10 yr $180 mil deal.

"Several" (how many is that?) legit flew to Dallas and showed up at his house, then they made him watch clips of himself and discussed his chemistry with Jim. Did he know they were coming? Cuz I would have said get fucked, since he's under contract. The whole thing is hilarious.
[Reply]
poolboy 07:55 PM 02-03-2023
Aikman> Romo...even in the beginning
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:12 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
They are doing a better job in preparation.

McAfee: the "old whites" hate me :-)

Sucks when the word "slippage" shows up in your annual evaluation.
[Reply]
Jet Chip Wasp 08:20 PM 02-03-2023
I agree with the ones here who say Romo was instructed by CBS to tone down what was great about him his first year. A mistake from CBS brass IMO. What Romo did in his first year as analyst made him fun to listen to.
[Reply]
Jet Chip Wasp 08:22 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
I used to like both Romo and Collinsworth. They both are insufferable now. Collinsworth thinks every player he comments on is the best in the NFL. It gets old.
Cris Collinsworth has always been a fan of King Mahomes so he is good in my book.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:02 PM 02-03-2023
Romo may have attempted racial slurs on air to get fired. Payme will have to try another route in Denver
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 09:17 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, what? Have you heard some of the former players/coaches they've brought in for a game? Many of them are so far off even I know they're ignorant.
If you don’t think former NFL head coaches and position coaches can’t break down a play immediately, then that’s on you. Paul Finebaum used to have Booger McFarland on during Alabama games and Booger could do it.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:54 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Kevin Harlan and Trent Green is CBS’ best announcing team.
Especially when Harlan’s calling both games.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Up