ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 15
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Why Frank Clark is a problem for the Kansas City Chiefs
Direckshun 08:48 AM 05-18-2021
Yikes:

Summary of the video's arguments -- some of which are argued better than others:

1. Never fully healthy.
2. This chart:

3. We ranked in the bottom 3rd in 2020 in passrush despite dropping major coin along the DL.
4. 6 sacks in 2020 -- there was a 7 game stretch where he had 1, and 2 sacks in the last 10 weeks of the season.
5. He doesn't change the run defense all that much.
6. 2020 postseason was "pedestrian" -- 9.8% pressure rate.
7. All of this despite being slotted next to Chris Jones.
8. As you can see in the above chart, Clark is rarely double teamed.
9. The Chiefs didn't restructure Clark this offseason, because they don't want to make it harder than it needs to be to cut him after 2021 -- saves $13m.
10. 2021 is a make-or-break year for Clark.

The good news is that Jarran Reed, like Chris Jones, is a beast in "sacks created," which should help our edge rush.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:26 AM 05-18-2021
*Frantically clicks light on and off over the midwest*
Attached: 187894634_839544733338625_6290566649248092426_n.jpg (4.0 KB) 
[Reply]
In58men 05-18-2021, 10:29 AM
This message has been deleted by In58men.
crispystl 10:33 AM 05-18-2021
He seems weak relatively compared to most NFL DEs. He constantly gets manhandled and even when he gets to the QB he always has difficulty bringing him down. I've seen Clark jump on the back of more QBS than the rest of the NFL combined I think.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:34 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
He hasn't yet produced like they expected. Critical to the SB championship run in 2019, but his 2020 was disappointing for sure.

Eye test, I thought he looked different through the first 3-4 games (more burst, better 'get-off') but then he started dealing with the stomach issues again and rushed downhill.

I don't see any way he isn't a post-June 1 cut next year, unless he agrees to a restructure that massively adjusts his compensation downward (highly unlikely).
Yep on all that.

I think the stomach issues, the elbows, it has all led to him not being able to consistently put out his best work. Luckily we have been able to reap the benefits of strong play from him the past two playoff runs, but it is what it is. This is probably the last year for him here.
[Reply]
jettio 11:00 AM 05-18-2021
What a stupid video and commentary.

Did the video's creator even play high school football?

That video is made by a non-athlete who is mad that a kid grew up and ended up getting paid big on his first negotiated contract.

And the video's target audience is guys who also never even played high school football and are mad that a kid grew up and got paid.

If someone wanted to make a video case that Frank Clark is not doing his job, why not post some videos of actual game tape and compare what the player did on the play compared to his assignment was on the play?

Has any Frank Clark critic ever posted video of plays where he did not compete to do his assignment on a play?

Nerds who like to watch football and look at stats but do not know anything about football ought to commit to getting a job coaching football or working in football at some level.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:10 AM 05-18-2021
Nobody like Direckshun tries to start drama and fails it's been a common theme with alot of his threads lately
[Reply]
staylor26 11:12 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Nobody like Direckshun tries to start drama and fails it's been a common theme with alot of his threads lately
The Chiefs are coming off of back to back SB appearances, and completely rebuilt their OL (into a strength) in one offseason, yet somehow the sky is STILL falling!

:-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:23 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Am I thrilled with his contract relative to his production? No. But calling him "a problem" is a bit much. He's fine and is certainly producing at a higher level than, for example, the Ghost of Eric Berry, who was still costing us $9m/year until last year. THAT is a problem. Frank's contract is more of an inconvenience.
Originally Posted by notorious:
It's amazing how horrible the Berry contract was.

Probably the worst in Chiefs history.
Yep. And that’s saying something.

I’ve long been a production per unit salary cap guy and Clark is definitely deficient in 2020. 2019 regular season too, probably, but taking 2019 on the aggregate I have no problems.

If he balls out in 21, he’s probably still not going to be workable on his current contract past 22, in which case he’ll be 29 Anything future will be the wrong side of 30.

So I’m with Duncan. Only way he stays is a major paycut which is unlikely.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:26 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The Chiefs are coming off of back to back SB appearances, and completely rebuilt their OL (into a strength) in one offseason, yet somehow the sky is STILL falling!

:-)
Fans say stupid and delusional things.

News at 11....
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 11:30 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
What a stupid video and commentary.

Did the video's creator even play high school football?

That video is made by a non-athlete who is mad that a kid grew up and ended up getting paid big on his first negotiated contract.

And the video's target audience is guys who also never even played high school football and are mad that a kid grew up and got paid.

If someone wanted to make a video case that Frank Clark is not doing his job, why not post some videos of actual game tape and compare what the player did on the play compared to his assignment was on the play?

Has any Frank Clark critic ever posted video of plays where he did not compete to do his assignment on a play?

Nerds who like to watch football and look at stats but do not know anything about football ought to commit to getting a job coaching football or working in football at some level.
Wild guess: You played high school football.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:39 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Yep on all that.

I think the stomach issues, the elbows, it has all led to him not being able to consistently put out his best work. Luckily we have been able to reap the benefits of strong play from him the past two playoff runs, but it is what it is. This is probably the last year for him here.
Yea he's never been what they thought they were getting. He looked like a monster in Seattle at times and it's just never really continued when he got here.
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:47 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Last year people insisted I was an idiot when I said our offensive line was a problem and would end up costing us. Well, the Oline did cost us, and all the people who called me a moron suddenly pretend like shit never happened.

I've been talking about the DE spot for a while now. Yes, the Chiefs did a wonderful job fixing(a year late) the Oline. That doesn't mean we don't have a problem with the DE position too. Veach has to make us for the bad signing of Clark by doing something extra at the DE position now.

I hope we don't treat the DE position this year like we treated the Oline position last year.
People insisted you were an idiot because, well because you ARE and idiot.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:49 AM 05-18-2021
Anyone want to tell me how we win the super bowl with LJ Collier instead? Clark's contract sucks but it's not like it didnt allow us to make Thuney the highest paid guard in the league or revamp our O-line while also signing a stud pass rushing DT to boot.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 11:53 AM 05-18-2021
don't you love the captain obvious posts
[Reply]
Wilson8 11:57 AM 05-18-2021
I really think Direckshun does some interesting threads. Yep, some times they are "The Sky is Falling and the Chiefs are Doomed", but at least they are usually about the Chiefs and football.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:59 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Anyone want to tell me how we win the super bowl with LJ Collier instead? Clark's contract sucks but it's not like it didnt allow us to make Thuney the highest paid guard in the league or revamp our O-line while also signing a stud pass rushing DT to boot.
That trade in the end worked for both teams, they wouldn't have gotten Metcalf without that move.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 15
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up