ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 15
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Why Frank Clark is a problem for the Kansas City Chiefs
Direckshun 08:48 AM 05-18-2021
Yikes:

Summary of the video's arguments -- some of which are argued better than others:

1. Never fully healthy.
2. This chart:

3. We ranked in the bottom 3rd in 2020 in passrush despite dropping major coin along the DL.
4. 6 sacks in 2020 -- there was a 7 game stretch where he had 1, and 2 sacks in the last 10 weeks of the season.
5. He doesn't change the run defense all that much.
6. 2020 postseason was "pedestrian" -- 9.8% pressure rate.
7. All of this despite being slotted next to Chris Jones.
8. As you can see in the above chart, Clark is rarely double teamed.
9. The Chiefs didn't restructure Clark this offseason, because they don't want to make it harder than it needs to be to cut him after 2021 -- saves $13m.
10. 2021 is a make-or-break year for Clark.

The good news is that Jarran Reed, like Chris Jones, is a beast in "sacks created," which should help our edge rush.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:40 AM 05-18-2021
This is the one area I think could cost us on the team. Frank is inconsistent and after him we have big question marks.

Taco can’t stay healthy, Danna is a good contributor, not a plus starter and Kaindoh is probably going to need work before he makes an impact.

I get that we got Jarred Reed and while that’s a good move, it’s not enough. We need a presence on both edge’s. We need to find a way to get Ingram.

Right now it’s Frank Clark and a big ‘ol bag of shit. Imagine if Clark got hurt and missed time? Yikes
[Reply]
staylor26 09:40 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
They didn't cut Hudson or Morse. They left as free agents to become the highest paid C in football at the time. If they chiefs had done that and then let other positions dwindle...well we'd be here listening to you bitch about that.
JakeF doesn’t understand how this works. He thinks it’s Madden and you can have 2 starting quality backup T’s while paying top dollar at the Center position too!
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:41 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
I specifically said that the Chiefs continue to go into seasons expecting our OT's to play every game. We didn't need a quality swing tackle. Addressing depth is part of dealing with the offensive line.

Eric Fisher never had decent LG next time him, why worry about it. Just let Fisher handle the left side of the line.

Who needs a center, just cut Hudson, Morse etc and run with some scrub.

All the things that Veach has done this year made up for the shit we didn't do before.
What swing tackle would you have signed instead of Reiter. Or draft pick? I'd personally argue that sighning Remmers and Drafting Niang was a healthy approach, in a non pandemic year your probably treading water.
[Reply]
JakeF 09:42 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The Chiefs had the #1 offense and made it to the Super Bowl.

If you have enough depth on the OL to get that far it didn't cost you jack shit. You had a great fucking season.
There we go, change the argument because you lost the first one. Typical Gochiefs.

Bottomline; Oline and Oline depth absolutely costs us a super bowl. That and corrupt NFL referees.
[Reply]
O.city 09:42 AM 05-18-2021
Their Swing tackle was Remmers who was pretty good at RT.

If you're on your 3 and 4th tackle, well, yeah it aint' gonna be pretty.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:43 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
What swing tackle would you have signed instead of Reiter. Or draft pick? I'd personally argue that sighning Remmers and Drafting Niang was a healthy approach, in a non pandemic year your probably treading water.
Remmers proved to be a completely adequate swing tackle and ended up starting at BOTH tackle positions by the end of the year.

I'd say that signing was a success. But when you lose that many guys in one unit, eventually you're just going to run out of bodies.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:44 AM 05-18-2021
There we go, change the argument because you lost the first one. Typical Gochiefs.

Bottomline; Oline and Oline depth absolutely costs us a super bowl. That and corrupt NFL referees.
Again, no team can survive losing every starter but 1 on the OL you dumb son of a bitch. What you’re saying is not having a depth chart full of starting quality backups “costs us a Super Bowl”.

News flash:

Nobody has that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:44 AM 05-18-2021

So what position were you going to cut short to make room for 12 or 13 offensive linemen? Tell us what you would have done, since you're so much smarter than the Chiefs and had a plan that would have adequately addressed losing FOUR starting linemen.
[Reply]
O.city 09:45 AM 05-18-2021
The Chiefs could definitely use some more depth at DE. I'd guess they aren't done there though.

Ingram, Houston etc.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:45 AM 05-18-2021
Last year people insisted I was an idiot when I said our offensive line was a problem and would end up costing us.
Well, let's be honest here. I'm pretty sure that this board has been calling you an idiot much longer than just last year, and for much more than just this. Lol
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:46 AM 05-18-2021
The biggest reason the Chiefs are thin at DE is because they made 100% sure they addressed the offensive line, which EVERYBODY wanted.

Now that that's done, people want to start bitching about all the things they neglected in the process.

Some people just want to bitch because that's all they know how to do.
[Reply]
JakeF 09:46 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We know, we know.

Andy Reid sucks.
It all happened. I didn't lie.

That reality is that Reid made the decisions that led to Houston being gone and Berry getting a shitty contact that put 8 million in dead money on our cap for like 4 years after he was gone.

Apparently, you aren't just wanting to be "positive" about the team, you're now just bullshitting around the facts to make yourself feel better.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:47 AM 05-18-2021
That's every team's fucking dream - to get that close.

Moron.
[Reply]
O.city 09:47 AM 05-18-2021
Houston was cut because his play didn't match his salary. Same reason they'll move on from Clark.

This isnt' rocket surgery.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:47 AM 05-18-2021
It all happened. I didn't lie.

That reality is that Reid made the decisions that led to Houston being gone and Berry getting a shitty contact that put 8 million in dead money on our cap for like 4 years after he was gone.

Apparently, you aren't just wanting to be "positive" about the team, you're now just bullshitting around the facts to make yourself feel better.
Reid has one, Dorsey doesn't. You're an idiot.

[Reply]
Page 4 of 15
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up