ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 15
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Why Frank Clark is a problem for the Kansas City Chiefs
Direckshun 08:48 AM 05-18-2021
Yikes:

Summary of the video's arguments -- some of which are argued better than others:

1. Never fully healthy.
2. This chart:

3. We ranked in the bottom 3rd in 2020 in passrush despite dropping major coin along the DL.
4. 6 sacks in 2020 -- there was a 7 game stretch where he had 1, and 2 sacks in the last 10 weeks of the season.
5. He doesn't change the run defense all that much.
6. 2020 postseason was "pedestrian" -- 9.8% pressure rate.
7. All of this despite being slotted next to Chris Jones.
8. As you can see in the above chart, Clark is rarely double teamed.
9. The Chiefs didn't restructure Clark this offseason, because they don't want to make it harder than it needs to be to cut him after 2021 -- saves $13m.
10. 2021 is a make-or-break year for Clark.

The good news is that Jarran Reed, like Chris Jones, is a beast in "sacks created," which should help our edge rush.
[Reply]
O.city 09:29 AM 05-18-2021
The OL became a problem when all the shit just went haywire.

If that happens to any position group, yeah, shit's gonna hit the fan.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:29 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Last year people insisted I was an idiot when I said our offensive line was a problem and would end up costing us. Well, the Oline did cost us, and all the people who called me a moron suddenly pretend like shit never happened.
The O-line didn't cost us.

O-line INJURIES cost us. We had CATASTROPHIC offensive line injuries and still made it to the fucking SUPER BOWL.

That was not a failure on anyone's part, it was simply rotten fucking luck.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:31 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Really hard not to like Frank Clark.
I like the guy. I also expect him to produce at least a majority of the time for what he’s getting paid. Hopefully that’s this year. If it’s not then he can get cut and we can find someone to replace him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:32 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I find it hard to believe we wouldn't have won the super bowl with Justin Houston instead of Frank Clark. It worked so I can't say it was a bad move, but we moved heaven and earth to get him and overpaid immensely. Pass rush was not the issue in 2019. Bob Sutton was the issue. I've never been a huge fan of Frank Clark, but CP has always had a massive love affair with the guy. He was, is, and always will be overrated.
:-)

There's so much wrong with this post, it can't even be dissected.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:32 AM 05-18-2021
Last year people insisted I was an idiot when I said our offensive line was a problem and would end up costing us. Well, the Oline did cost us, and all the people who called me a moron suddenly pretend like shit never happened.

I've been talking about the DE spot for a while now. Yes, the Chiefs did a wonderful job fixing(a year late) the Oline. That doesn't mean we don't have a problem with the DE position too. Veach has to make us for the bad signing of Clark by doing something extra at the DE position now.

I hope we don't treat the DE position this year like we treated the Oline position last year.
Yea I’m sure you had the Chiefs losing their entire starting OL except for Reiter!

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:34 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea I’m sure you had the Chiefs losing their entire starting OL except for Reiter!

It's easy to be prescient about team issues when you literally bitch about every positional unit. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut eventually.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:34 AM 05-18-2021
Stank Clark
[Reply]
notorious 09:35 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Am I thrilled with his contract relative to his production? No. But calling him "a problem" is a bit much. He's fine and is certainly producing at a higher level than, for example, the Ghost of Eric Berry, who was still costing us $9m/year until last year. THAT is a problem. Frank's contract is more of an inconvenience.
It's amazing how horrible the Berry contract was.

Probably the worst in Chiefs history.
[Reply]
JakeF 09:35 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The O-line didn't cost us.

O-line INJURIES cost us. We had CATASTROPHIC offensive line injuries and still made it to the fucking SUPER BOWL.

That was not a failure on anyone's part, it was simply rotten fucking luck.
I specifically said that the Chiefs continue to go into seasons expecting our OT's to play every game. We didn't need a quality swing tackle. Addressing depth is part of dealing with the offensive line.

Eric Fisher never had decent LG next time him, why worry about it. Just let Fisher handle the left side of the line.

Who needs a center, just cut Hudson, Morse etc and run with some scrub.

All the things that Veach has done this year made up for the shit we didn't do before.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:38 AM 05-18-2021
I specifically said that the Chiefs continue to go into seasons expecting our OT's to play every game. We didn't need a quality swing tackle. Addressing depth is part of dealing with the offensive line.

Eric Fisher never had decent LG next time him, why worry about it. Just let Fisher handle the left side of the line.

All the things that Veach has done this year made up for the shit we didn't do before.
What team can survive losing both starting T’s you buttfucking moron?

Not to mention half of their 2 deep T depth opted out.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:39 AM 05-18-2021
The Chiefs had the #1 offense and made it to the Super Bowl.

If you have enough depth on the OL to get that far it didn't cost you jack shit. You had a great fucking season.
[Reply]
JakeF 09:39 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
It's amazing how horrible the Berry contract was.

Probably the worst in Chiefs history.
That's what happens when the Head Coach bypasses the GM and goes to the owner to force the signing of a player.

Dorsey wanted to keep Houston and let Berry walk. Reid went over his head to make the exact opposite happen. Owner Clark Hunt flies up to KC to negotiate a new contract with Eric Berry because John Dorsey wouldn't. Dorsey wanted protection because of Berry's cancer and ask for an insurance policy.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:39 AM 05-18-2021
I'm not sure that we won't see a new DE on the roster before the season starts. In fact, I would be surprised if we don't. I think that it could end up being a trade that includes one of our extra offensive linemen for another one of Veach's reclamation projects.
[Reply]
O.city 09:40 AM 05-18-2021

They didn't cut Hudson or Morse. They left as free agents to become the highest paid C in football at the time. If they chiefs had done that and then let other positions dwindle...well we'd be here listening to you bitch about that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:40 AM 05-18-2021
That's what happens when the Head Coach bypasses the GM and goes to the owner to force the signing of a player.

Dorsey wanted to keep Houston and let Berry walk. Reid went over his head to make the exact opposite happen. Owner Clark Hunt flies up to KC to negotiate a new contract with Eric Berry because John Dorsey wouldn't. Dorsey wanted protection because of Berry's cancer and ask for an insurance policy.
We know, we know.

Andy Reid sucks.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 15
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up