ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 15
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Why Frank Clark is a problem for the Kansas City Chiefs
Direckshun 08:48 AM 05-18-2021
Yikes:

Summary of the video's arguments -- some of which are argued better than others:

1. Never fully healthy.
2. This chart:

3. We ranked in the bottom 3rd in 2020 in passrush despite dropping major coin along the DL.
4. 6 sacks in 2020 -- there was a 7 game stretch where he had 1, and 2 sacks in the last 10 weeks of the season.
5. He doesn't change the run defense all that much.
6. 2020 postseason was "pedestrian" -- 9.8% pressure rate.
7. All of this despite being slotted next to Chris Jones.
8. As you can see in the above chart, Clark is rarely double teamed.
9. The Chiefs didn't restructure Clark this offseason, because they don't want to make it harder than it needs to be to cut him after 2021 -- saves $13m.
10. 2021 is a make-or-break year for Clark.

The good news is that Jarran Reed, like Chris Jones, is a beast in "sacks created," which should help our edge rush.
[Reply]
TEX 09:16 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Literally anybody upset about this post or thread can go climb a tree or start their own.

This is Chiefs talk on a Chiefs board. Live with it.
But, can we start our own while in a tree? :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:18 AM 05-18-2021
FRANK CLARK HAS DONE MORE FOR THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS THAN YOU WILL EVER DO FOR THE STATE OF MISSOURI!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:18 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Of course everybody knows this. That wasn’t the point of this thread.

The point is that the Chiefs didn’t do enough to address the position, so it’s just more panic from Direckshun.
They completely overhauled the biggest weakness on the team in one offseason. Not sure how anybody can expect more than that unless they're just being unreasonable.
[Reply]
JakeF 09:18 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Of course everybody knows this. That wasn’t the point of this thread.

The point is that the Chiefs didn’t do enough to address the position, so it’s just more panic from Direckshun.
The only panic in this thread is from you.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:19 AM 05-18-2021
I think if they had any intention of bringing him back after 2021, they would have done something with his contract.

I think he's as good as gone.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:20 AM 05-18-2021
Am I thrilled with his contract relative to his production? No. But calling him "a problem" is a bit much. He's fine and is certainly producing at a higher level than, for example, the Ghost of Eric Berry, who was still costing us $9m/year until last year. THAT is a problem. Frank's contract is more of an inconvenience.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:21 AM 05-18-2021
I find it hard to believe we wouldn't have won the super bowl with Justin Houston instead of Frank Clark. It worked so I can't say it was a bad move, but we moved heaven and earth to get him and overpaid immensely. Pass rush was not the issue in 2019. Bob Sutton was the issue. I've never been a huge fan of Frank Clark, but CP has always had a massive love affair with the guy. He was, is, and always will be overrated.
[Reply]
TEX 09:21 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
WTF is wrong with you? How can you claim there was any hint of panic in what was said? I think you're what happens when Deberg and Direckshun have a kid.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:22 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
That makes SO much sense!
[Reply]
Hoover 09:23 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I think if they had any intention of bringing him back after 2021, they would have done something with his contract.

I think he's as good as gone.
Exactly.

Helped us win a Super Bowl. No complaints from me.

Its just time to move on after this year. Hope he balls out, and if he does, we still need to move on.
[Reply]
TEX 09:24 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I find it hard to believe we wouldn't have won the super bowl with Justin Houston instead of Frank Clark. It worked so I can't say it was a bad move, but we moved heaven and earth to get him and overpaid immensely. Pass rush was not the issue in 2019. Bob Sutton was the issue. I've never been a huge fan of Frank Clark, but CP has always had a massive love affair with the guy. He was, is, and always will be overrated.
I love the guy because, "We broke in their house and stole all they shit!"
[Reply]
O.city 09:25 AM 05-18-2021
I think having his attitude and mentality was pretty imperative for the defensive overhaul.

But that's done and now you need him to kick ass and produce while being a leader too.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:27 AM 05-18-2021
We can address the "They didn't do enough" part. They brought Taco back, a former first round pick who has flashed but never put it all the way together. They drafted Kaindoh, who is as raw as raw gets, but has a higher possible ceiling than anyone else on the roster. They got Okafors replacement imo in Danna in the 4th round last year. Tim Ward another guy who fits the mold sighned as a raw UDFA. Then some people consider the guy we signed from the Tits a rush end. Okafor is gone a year early because they replaced his oft injured ass with danna for way less.

Last season there was no panic about Clark and Okafor as starters, with Taco rotating. Now a year later Clarks coming off a down year and Okafor has been replaced by Danna on first and second down and Taco on third downs. We added a potential plus pass rusher in the draft,and got cheaper. In a season that got a complete O-line upgrade that doesnt seem that bad.
[Reply]
JakeF 09:27 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They completely overhauled the biggest weakness on the team in one offseason. Not sure how anybody can expect more than that unless they're just being unreasonable.
Last year people insisted I was an idiot when I said our offensive line was a problem and would end up costing us. Well, the Oline did cost us, and all the people who called me a moron suddenly pretend like shit never happened.

I've been talking about the DE spot for a while now. Yes, the Chiefs did a wonderful job fixing(a year late) the Oline. That doesn't mean we don't have a problem with the DE position too. Veach has to make us for the bad signing of Clark by doing something extra at the DE position now.

I hope we don't treat the DE position this year like we treated the Oline position last year.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:28 AM 05-18-2021
Really hard not to like Frank Clark.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 15
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up