ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 22
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade for CB Mike Hughes
Dante84 03:01 PM 05-13-2021

Trade: #Vikings are trading former first-round CB Mike Hughes to the #Chiefs*, per @AdamSchefter. Secondary help as he enters a contract year.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) May 13, 2021

Chiefs and Vikings swapped late-round draft picks, with Kansas City also getting back Minnesota’s 2018 first-round pick, per source. https://t.co/EiWiQFgAQS

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 13, 2021

The Chiefs are sending their 2022 sixth-round pick to Minnesota for Hughes and their 2022 seventh-round pick, per source. https://t.co/XKJ2JPH9hO

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) May 13, 2021

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:05 PM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
That's a good question. One that the Chiefs seem to be trying to answer too.

Last year when Bashaud Breeland was out, Fenton started out with the Texans game at 55% of defensive snaps and then the next 3 weeks with Chargers, Ravens, and Patriots, he was close to 100% of the defensive snaps.

Bashaud came back from his 4 week suspension but then L'Jarius Sneed went down with his collar bone injury. For the next 7 weeks Rashad was used at around 50% of the defensive snaps. That was Raiders, Bills, Broncos, Jets, Panthers, Raiders, and Buccaneers.

Something then happened where Rashad Fenton's defensive snaps were like a roller coaster. Broncos 0% of defensive snaps. Dolphins 46% defensive snaps. Saints 5% of defensive snaps. Falcons 0% defensive snaps. Chargers where we rested starters, 70% of defensive snaps. Browns with playoffs, 0% of defensive snaps. Bills 40% of defensive snaps. Buccaneers in Super Bowl, 0% of defensive snaps.

Fenton hurt his ankle in the last Chargers game, which would explain the Browns game usage. In the other games with 0% usage, he played special teams, so he could play.

I think Rashad Fenton has value, but KC is still working on how to use him best.
He's not super fast, but I can't imagine that's the only issue.
[Reply]
Rausch 03:08 PM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Something wrong with Fenton?

For 2021, Ward, Sneed, Fenton look fine as your starting CB's and slot.
I must be missing something with Ward. To me he's a passable no 2 corner, at best, who likes to give up the deep ball...
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:15 PM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I must be missing something with Ward. To me he's a passable no 2 corner, at best, who likes to give up the deep ball...
He doesn't give up the deep ball often. He's very steady.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:28 PM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He doesn't give up the deep ball often. He's very steady.
Ward is the king of standing next to the wide receiver in a phone booth, and looking surprised when the receiver catches the ball. He is very good at sticking with receivers, but is trash when it comes to ball awareness. He doesn't have a locked neck like Bartee, which makes it even more frustrating when he looks amazed that the QB threw the ball to his receiver and his receiver caught it.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Wilson8 04:14 PM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Ward is the king of standing next to the wide receiver in a phone booth, and looking surprised when the receiver catches the ball. He is very good at sticking with receivers, but is trash when it comes to ball awareness. He doesn't have a locked neck like Bartee, which makes it even more frustrating when he looks amazed that the QB threw the ball to his receiver and his receiver caught it.
After Super Bowl LIV, Ward had LASIK surgery. Charvarius was having trouble picking up and seeing the thrown ball. I had hoped the surgery would help him.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:40 PM 05-17-2021
After Super Bowl LIV, Ward had LASIK surgery. Charvarius was having trouble picking up and seeing the thrown ball. I had hoped the surgery would help him.
Ron Howard: It did not.

As a lifelong sufferer, bad vision is a bitch.
[Reply]
jettio 05:20 PM 05-17-2021
Well I guess Ward's 1st time as an unrestricted free agent after the 2021 season will reveal whether or not NFL GMs use chiefs planet talent evaluators to make contract offers.

I think Ward will be offered more than $10 million AAV by some team. He might give the Chiefs a hometown discount, but Chiefs would have to guarantee most of the 1st three years.
[Reply]
Wilson8 05:30 PM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
Well I guess Ward's 1st time as an unrestricted free agent after the 2021 season will reveal whether or not NFL GMs use chiefs planet talent evaluators to make contract offers.

I think Ward will be offered more than $10 million AAV by some team. He might give the Chiefs a hometown discount, but Chiefs would have to guarantee most of the 1st three years.
If he signs elsewhere, hopefully it is for a huge contract that helps the Chiefs for future Comp picks.

Personally I would just like to say, Charvarius Ward is a very special cornerback and probably top 5 in the NFL...

That's in case those NFL GMs are reading and they want to offer $50 M.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:42 PM 05-17-2021
If he signs elsewhere, hopefully it is for a huge contract that helps the Chiefs for future Comp picks.
It's going to be a Win-Win either way.

Ward is either going to sign a reasonable 3 year deal to stay with the Chiefs or he's going to sign an even bigger deal, which will provide the Chiefs with at least a 4th round Comp Pick, if not a 3rd.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:47 PM 05-17-2021
Yea Wards gone after this year, I don't see how he comes back.
[Reply]
flinchfree 05:58 PM 05-17-2021
Has anything been written about when/if Mike Hughes will join training...OTA's or later?
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:13 PM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's going to be a Win-Win either way.

Ward is either going to sign a reasonable 3 year deal to stay with the Chiefs or he's going to sign an even bigger deal, which will provide the Chiefs with at least a 4th round Comp Pick, if not a 3rd.
Yep.

Personally, I agree with Mecca. I think some team will pay him way more than the Chiefs should.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:15 PM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep.

Personally, I agree with Mecca. I think some team will pay him way more than the Chiefs should.
Yep, that's most likely to happen.

Then, Veach will draft some no-name dude in the 5th round that ends up being even more valuable than Ward.
[Reply]
kcgreene 08:17 PM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Hughes and a 7th for a 6th?

Even if he doesn’t work out.....the value is good. If he works out...then it was a ****ing steal.
Your completely right. It's hard to find much negative about this move. Worst case, we move down 20 picks from our 6th round pick. I think if hes even remotely capable this trade is a win.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:40 PM 05-18-2021
You know we're bored when we're arguing with numbskulls about the worth of a 6th round pick a year removed.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 22
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up