ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 22
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade for CB Mike Hughes
Dante84 03:01 PM 05-13-2021

Trade: #Vikings are trading former first-round CB Mike Hughes to the #Chiefs*, per @AdamSchefter. Secondary help as he enters a contract year.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) May 13, 2021

Chiefs and Vikings swapped late-round draft picks, with Kansas City also getting back Minnesota’s 2018 first-round pick, per source. https://t.co/EiWiQFgAQS

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 13, 2021

The Chiefs are sending their 2022 sixth-round pick to Minnesota for Hughes and their 2022 seventh-round pick, per source. https://t.co/XKJ2JPH9hO

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) May 13, 2021

[Reply]
MikeVike 07:07 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
Paying salaries is part of the game. Let's not pretend that you won't be paying the salary of whomever you add to the team in his place. This guy isn't going to bust our salary cap and if he is able to perform this year, whatever we pay him will be a pretty good bargain. If he doesn't perform, it will have been a flyer that was worth the risk.
Of course it is. So you know, this is a front office that just fleeced the league in round 1 not 2 weeks ago. Mike Hughes was a great talent, he even had a rookie year that showed a ton of potential. Then he broke his neck. Since then I believe he's played a total of 4 games in 2 years and was nothing like the player he once was. He couldn't get on the field when we had rookies and UDFA's playing in what our coach openly called "the worst defense he's ever coached at any level", and Mike Zimmer is obsessed with his secondary.

As I said, I wish Mike Hughes the best, but the chances of him doing anything at all are almost nill. Decent flyer on a player, but I'll be amazed if he even gets through training camp.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:16 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by flinchfree:
Wait, are you saying the Minny Ha Ha front office is better or worse than the Faiders?:-)
YOUR veritable estimators of talent took said broke dick/can't cover cb IN THE FIRST ROUND, now you're selling him for about a 10 spot move up into the 6th round.
That's clever???:-)
Pretty sure this is the same front office that paid Cousins a ton of guaranteed money as well.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:45 AM 05-14-2021
Lurked and saw Vikings forum on the guy. Big disappointment for them. He was okay when on the field but he’s a broke dick.

I don’t mind those guys as depth
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 08:02 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by MikeVike:
Of course it is. So you know, this is a front office that just fleeced the league in round 1 not 2 weeks ago. Mike Hughes was a great talent, he even had a rookie year that showed a ton of potential. Then he broke his neck. Since then I believe he's played a total of 4 games in 2 years and was nothing like the player he once was. He couldn't get on the field when we had rookies and UDFA's playing in what our coach openly called "the worst defense he's ever coached at any level", and Mike Zimmer is obsessed with his secondary.

As I said, I wish Mike Hughes the best, but the chances of him doing anything at all are almost nill. Decent flyer on a player, but I'll be amazed if he even gets through training camp.
I'd say the fleecing came several days before the draft:

Orlando Brown protecting Pat Mahomes sounds a helluva lot better than Darrisaw protecting Cousins!

EDIT: Also forgot that we got a top linebacker in the draft as a result of the Brown trade as well! But keep fleecing away Vikings!
[Reply]
Red Beans 08:38 AM 05-14-2021
Minnesota fan... I loved Mike Hughes out if the draft. Since then he's proved he can't cover and as a run stopping CB he got his neck broke... There's a reason this trade happened, and you're not dealing with the Raiders front office. We just turned a seventh ouch and into a sixth by giving you a completely destroyed prospect

Mike Hughes.. after breaking his neck and his knee..
Can't wait to see what your GM does with that 32nd pick in the 6th round! Watch out Chiefs fans, we just got fleeced!
[Reply]
RedinTexas 08:40 AM 05-14-2021

Let's be realistic about what you got in return though. You moved up a few spots into the 6th round in exchange for a player. You didn't get a draft pick free and clear, because we got a pick in return. However, even if you did get that 6th round pick free and clear, what has Spielman done with 6th round picks in the last few years?

Bucky Hodges selected with pick #201. Released 9-12-17

Colby Gossett selected with pick #213. Waived 9-1-18
Ade Aruna selected with pick #218. Injured, then waived 8-31-19.

Armon Watts selected with pick #190. He played in 23 games with 1 start and had 42 tackles combined and 2 sacks.
Marcus Epps selected with pick #191. Waived 11-6-19
Oli Udoh selected with pick #193. He played 7 games with 0 starts.

Blake Brandel selected with pick #203. Waived 9-5-20
Josh Metellus selected with pick #205. He played 15 games with 9 tackles.

I only went back to 2017, but it's not like you guys have amazing success with these 6th round picks and the 6th round pick we traded you is likely to be very near the end of the 6th round as opposed to those listed above. What you got in return for trading us a player and a pick is not much at all.
[Reply]
oldman 08:52 AM 05-14-2021
So we dropped 1 late round pick for another late round pick AND a player? Consider the Vikes were at 14 this year and we were at 31. The Vikes aren't going to get that much better and we'll still be at the bottom of each round. Veach is the man!!
[Reply]
tredadda 08:53 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
I'd say the fleecing came several days before the draft:

Orlando Brown protecting Pat Mahomes sounds a helluva lot better than Darrisaw protecting Cousins!

EDIT: Also forgot that we got a top linebacker in the draft as a result of the Brown trade as well! But keep fleecing away Vikings!
This provided us with the opportunity to use our original 2nd rounder to draft the best center in the draft as well. We did quite well this offseason.
[Reply]
Toad 08:56 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Lurked and saw Vikings forum on the guy. Big disappointment for them. He was okay when on the field but he’s a broke dick.

I don’t mind those guys as depth
Since he is only 24 and has youth on his side, maybe more of a sprained dick?
[Reply]
RunKC 08:58 AM 05-14-2021
Minnesota fan... I loved Mike Hughes out if the draft. Since then he's proved he can't cover and as a run stopping CB he got his neck broke... There's a reason this trade happened, and you're not dealing with the Raiders front office. We just turned a seventh ouch and into a sixth by giving you a completely destroyed prospect

Mike Hughes.. after breaking his neck and his knee..
You guys literally gave up on your first rd corner Xavier Rhodes and he went to another team and had a decent year last season.
[Reply]
TRR 09:10 AM 05-14-2021
First I’ve ever heard the term “run stopping CB”. LOL!
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:12 AM 05-14-2021
First I heard the Vikings are smarter than everyone else.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:21 AM 05-14-2021
Seriously, Minnesota fan wants to do this over Mike fucking Hughes?

We know what we got. And we know what we gave up (nothing).

If he turns out to be broke, and he probably is, we're out NOTHING.

JFC, what a stupid thing to argue about. But I guess that's what happens when you have a mediocre QB making $45M guaranteed.
[Reply]
Oxford 09:27 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Such a smart little deal. Saves the Vikings a few bucks. Chiefs get a guy with upside.
So his prorated bonus is against the Vikes cap? His base salary was 1.8/m which is ours , only 600k guaranteed so we're on the hook for very little
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:37 AM 05-14-2021
The more i read about his first two years as a pro the more i think that, if this guy even makes the team, it'll be as the last corner on the depth chart and he stuck because of his return abilities.

If i were a betting man i'd wager he gets injured in training camp.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 22
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up