ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Everyone is doing a final mock....so here you go.
The Franchise 08:59 AM 04-29-2021
58. Payton Turner, DE, Houston - This is your typical Spags DE. By the time Week 1 rolls around, I think he’ll be starting and a line of Turner, Jones, Reed and Clark will be top 3 in the league.

63. Tylan Wallace, WR, Oklahoma St - This is probably a slight reach with Wallace at the bottom of the 2nd but having no 3rd pick and picking late in the 4th gets us here. He didn’t test as great as he plays but this kid can fucking play.

144. David Moore, C/G, Grambling State - The full rebuild of the offensive line is complete. He’s your center after this year, or if he beats out Blythe in training camp. He could also play RG if he needed too if Long moved out to RT.

176. Janarius Robinson, DE, Florida State - We are in desperate need of DEs after this year and I think doubling up is paramount to not having to draft one high next year as a need. He’s rough and will need some work but Daly will love him.

182. Benjamin St Juste, CB, Minnesota - More CBs are needed on the outside.

207. Buddy Johnson, LB, Texas A&M - Spags is weird when it comes to LBs but we need depth and a potential replacement in the next 1-2 years for Hitchens.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:17 AM 04-29-2021
Looks good to me!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:20 AM 04-29-2021
love it.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:29 AM 04-29-2021
Love the players, Not sure they are all there where you have them slotted, but love the players...
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:32 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Love the players, Not sure they are all there where you have them slotted, but love the players...
It’s hard this year because I don’t think anyone knows.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:33 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It’s hard this year because I don’t think anyone knows.
Yup.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:38 AM 04-29-2021
Don't sleep on Robinson in the final rounds.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:40 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Don't sleep on Robinson in the final rounds.
Janarius? I’m hoping we can get him there.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:50 AM 04-29-2021
Looks good. Mine is fairly similar. I'll drop it here.

2.58 - Peyton Turner, DE, Houston. It's hard to get below this slot for Turner. Any drafts I have where I trade out of it, he's gone by my next pick. Tailor-made for what the Chiefs do at DE. It sounds a bit like Joe Tryon is fallling; he'd be my preference if available.

2.63 - Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR, USC. Beyond the ability to use a cool nickname (Sun God!), St. Brown is a good fit for the Chiefs offense AND was seen as a potential first round guy entering 2020. IF you blame COVID, you could view this as a first-round value at the end of the second. If the Chiefs go WR, I think it's only for a guy that can become a new centerpiece weapon on his second dela.

4.144 - Robert Hainsey, IOL, Notre Dame. Maybe a bit of a stretch, but he has T experience and looked good at C at the Senior Bowl. Goal would be for him to be an IOL starter in year 2.

5.175 - Shakur Brown, CB, Michigan State. He has a lot of what the Chiefs have found success with at CB and was ascending his last year at Sparty.

5.181 - Tony Fields II, LB. Speedy WILL to develop. Hopefully helps the Chiefs move to a Gay-Fields alignment in 2022 and also lets KC use Gay as a SLB in 3 LB sets, which they'll probably need.

6.207 - Cornell Powell, WR, CLemson. OK. I double-dipped again. But Powell came on nicely at Clemson once the depth chart thinned out a bit and offers a lot of things to like as a potential X.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:53 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Pretty much my thoughts. I'd JIMP if it happened.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:58 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Looks good. Mine is fairly similar. I'll drop it here.

2.58 - Peyton Turner, DE, Houston. It's hard to get below this slot for Turner. Any drafts I have where I trade out of it, he's gone by my next pick. Tailor-made for what the Chiefs do at DE. It sounds a bit like Joe Tryon is fallling; he'd be my preference if available.

2.63 - Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR, USC. Beyond the ability to use a cool nickname (Sun God!), St. Brown is a good fit for the Chiefs offense AND was seen as a potential first round guy entering 2020. IF you blame COVID, you could view this as a first-round value at the end of the second. If the Chiefs go WR, I think it's only for a guy that can become a new centerpiece weapon on his second dela.

4.144 - Robert Hainsey, IOL, Notre Dame. Maybe a bit of a stretch, but he has T experience and looked good at C at the Senior Bowl. Goal would be for him to be an IOL starter in year 2.

5.175 - Shakur Brown, CB, Michigan State. He has a lot of what the Chiefs have found success with at CB and was ascending his last year at Sparty.

5.181 - Tony Fields II, LB. Speedy WILL to develop. Hopefully helps the Chiefs move to a Gay-Fields alignment in 2022 and also lets KC use Gay as a SLB in 3 LB sets, which they'll probably need.

6.207 - Cornell Powell, WR, CLemson. OK. I double-dipped again. But Powell came on nicely at Clemson once the depth chart thinned out a bit and offers a lot of things to like as a potential X.
I like Amon-Ra a lot.

and I like Deablo at #144.

Can you imagine? We get the Devil and the Sun God in one draft?
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 10:05 AM 04-29-2021
You guys sold me on Turner. For whatever reason, he was one of the guys who kind of slipped through the cracks in my research, like Buddy Johnson - who I also like now. Watched a bunch of video on Turner yesterday and I'd be totally on board if that's who Veach grabs to play DE. He looks like he has tons of potential.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:27 AM 04-29-2021
I don't like David Moore at all but I like the rest so overall I'd be pretty happy.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:27 AM 04-29-2021
Wallace would be a great for us!
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:40 AM 04-29-2021
Me likey.

Honestly, I like a lot of these that people are posting.

We have so many options! This is going to be a fun draft with 2 second-round picks and Brown already in the fold.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up