ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 34
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>TheDraftNetwork.com's mock draft machine is pretty great.
Direckshun 01:41 AM 01-15-2021
Try it out here.

Post your results.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:48 AM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Me either.

But when I suggested it, I got pounced on for saying it.

That's what is confusing me.
Honestly....if Marshall is sitting at the 26-28 range....I知 fine with trading up for him. If not that....then trade out of 32 because I知 not seeing anyone there that I really like.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:54 AM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Honestly....if Marshall is sitting at the 26-28 range....I知 fine with trading up for him. If not that....then trade out of 32 because I知 not seeing anyone there that I really like.
Me either.

I just don't know how to react to it anymore.

First it was "we need guards" and then it was center and now it's offensive tackle but yet nobody really has a good plan to actually improve the positions - they just wanna throw numbers at it and hope it goes away.

It seems like a lot of people are dead set on drafting offensive linemen and will just take whichever one is there. And I know that's not kccrow, not trying to single him out, but that's just the latest one I see.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:09 AM 02-04-2021
Me either.

First it was "we need guards" and then it was center and now it's offensive tackle but yet nobody really has a good plan to actually improve the positions - they just wanna throw numbers at it and hope it goes away.

It seems like a lot of people are dead set on drafting offensive linemen and will just take whichever one is there. And I know that's not kccrow, not trying to single him out, but that's just the latest one I see.
I知 still for taking a guard or center in the 3rd or later. But I also think we need to grab another rangy LB like Cox if we can. More LB depth is desperately needed.
[Reply]
mkp785 04:48 PM 02-04-2021

Kansas City Chiefs
Jaelan Phillips
EDGE, Miami

Kansas City Chiefs
Trey Hill
IOL, Georgia

Kansas City Chiefs
D'Wayne Eskridge
WR, Western Michigan

Kansas City Chiefs
Janarius Robinson
EDGE, Florida State

Kansas City Chiefs
Landon Young
OT, Kentucky

Kansas City Chiefs
Amari Rodgers
WR, Clemson

Kansas City Chiefs
Chatarius Atwell
WR, Louisville

Kansas City Chiefs
Josh Ball
OT, Marshall

I went heavy on rushers and WRs. I have no interest in bringing Sammy/DRob back. We also need another rusher now on the other side of Frank-who's contract we can get out of at the end of next season if we really needed to get some cap room. Either way, we need more guys to get to the QB.

We can grab a LB as a UDFA after the draft we don't really value that spot anyway and have the Ghey coming back next season to beast out.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:58 PM 02-04-2021
I知 still for taking a guard or center in the 3rd or later. But I also think we need to grab another rangy LB like Cox if we can. More LB depth is desperately needed.
I thought about Cox but he only made it to 95 once in the mocks I ran.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:20 PM 02-04-2021
What does drafting Vera-Tucker get us? We'd still have needs at C and OT.
Vera-Tucker is going to get the chance to play LT in this league, guaranteed. That said, I may be grasping a bit at straws if I were to project him there in KC. He does, alot like the Notre Dame kid, project better to a more run-oriented game. I don't know if I would necessarily project him in a mock I'd do outside of this game but at that point, he was easily the best player on the board.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:21 PM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
kccrow,

Concerned at all about Patrick Jones' Senior Bowl performance?
Not really. I won't take him in the 1st though. I had reservations early on about his strength. His teammate, Weaver, is a better player but doesn't have the same athleticism (anymore). Jones needs to get stronger. He was still performed decently.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:16 PM 02-04-2021
Me either.

I'm absolutely dead set on drafting offensive lineman. The when is the question. The Chiefs need, at minimum and in my opinion, two draft picks on the O-Line. I don't care how it gets sliced up, they need guys or will need guys.

Fisher, Schwartz, Rankin, and LDT are all free agents after the 2021 season. It doesn't matter a bit how we project the lineup for 2021. The Chiefs should have a good pulse on whether they'll have Schwartz in 2021 but Fisher is very unlikely to be anything in 21.

Aside from the 4 I listed above, they have Allegretti, Niang, and Durant under contract. Everyone else is a FA this year. Assume Schwartz plays and they bring back Wylie on a 1-year RFA deal (I can't fathom they don't) and they can get Remmers back on a vet deal... You still need another swing player at least and another guy besides Allegretti that can play center.

The best case I see right now is that Niang actually works at LT (he just might!).

LT: Niang, ? (Remmers, Rankin could fill in a pinch)
LG: Wylie, Rankin
OC: Allegretti, ?
RG: Duvernay-Tardif, Durant
RT: Schwartz, Remmers

IR: Fisher

No matter what, all that Red is no guarantee beyond this year. That doesn't leave things looking real good if you also MUST draft OLine in 2021.

I'm fully on board with picking your spots and not locking onto one guy, but if Niang doesn't project for the Chiefs to LT then they have to pick one early IMO. Honestly, I project Niang as a RT, not a LT. Maybe he'd be good enough to see if Fisher heals. I don't know. The Chiefs probably don't know either at this point.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:51 AM 02-05-2021
I ran a clean DN mock this morning. Results:

1.32 - Kadarius Toney
, WR, UF. Best value available here and I wanted to see what it looked like if I waited on OT (Mayfield was available).
2.64 - Walker Little, LT, Stanford. Honestly, a better fit than Mayfield in KC's scheme.
3.95 - Janarius Ronbinson, DE, FSU. Huge toolbox, great athlete, needs coaching. Could really explode in KC with the way they've coached up DL.
4.136 - Talanoa Hufanga, S, USC.
5.175 - Tre McKitty, TE, UGA. Athletic guy, good receiving, good-enough blocker, versatile
5.176 (comp) - James Empey, C, BYU. Potential fit in this system, mature guy, fellow Utah-ian for Andy Reid.
5.180 (comp) - Jaelon Darden, WR, North Texas. Dynamic returner. Looking for depth at the Hardman/Hill slots and a returner who can take some of that load off Hardman.
7.211 - Robert Rochell, CB, Central Arkansas. This seems like a potential late-round steal to me. He's a long dude who is versatile. Some teams think he's an outside CB only. Some think he's a SS. Could blossom into a good fit for Spagnuolo's scheme.

Looking at all of that, I'd be really excited about that draft. I'd still need to address C somehow (either by spending to retain Reiter, or signing a FA vet C.

But it fills a lot of immediate needs, Little gives you a guy with the upside to be a really excellent LT, Toney is a playmaker who can be a dynamic weapon underneath, and you get a bunch of athleticism and upside on the defensive side.

2021 OL

LT - Remmers/Little
LG -Allegretti/Wylie
C - FA signing or Reiter/Empey
RG - LDT/Wylie
RT - Wylie/Niang

With this group, the hope would be Little and Niang both claim the T jobs as the year goes on. If Schwartz retires and Fisher is unavailable in 2021, that should free up enough cash to sign a C or keep Reiter (though I still wouldn't complain about pursuing Taylor Moton hard, unless they think Schwartz is going to recover).

2022 OL - best case here is you have two good young T on rookie deals. That lets you spend elsewhere as needed, maybe even on a RG upgrade.

LT - Little/Remmers
LG - Allegretti/FA signing or draft pick
C - FA Signing or Reiter/Empey
RG - Wylie/FA signing or draft pick
RT - Niang/Remmers
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:12 AM 02-05-2021
I just drafted Kyle Pitts at #32. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:30 AM 02-05-2021
I ran another couple drafts.

1. The algorithm seems dead set on leaving me with Eichenberg. All the WR's are gone (EVERY TIME) and there's no real value pick at any other position. My choices always seem to be between Leatherwood, Jenkins, and Eichenberg and while I like Jenkins' upside, I don't think it makes him a better overall selection.

2. I still love Richard LeCounte III as a potential 3rd or 4th-round draft pick because of his versatility but twice this morning Holland has fallen to me at the end of the 2nd and he's just too good to pass up. He can play 3rd safety behind HB for a few years and then he and Thornhill can man those spots in the future.

3. Imagine my surprise when not once but TWICE I watch Jabril Cox rise to the top of the board and make it through 12-15 picks to still be waiting there at #95.

32. Liam Eichenberg, OT Notre Dame

64. Javon Holland, S Oregon

95. Jabril Cox, LB LSU

136. Dazz Newsome, WR North Carolina

175. Patrick Johnson, Edge Tulane

176. Ihmir Smith-Marsette, WR Iowa

180. Tedarrell Slaton, IDL Florida

211. Landon Young, OT Kentucky
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:44 AM 02-05-2021
I just drafted Kyle Pitts at #32. :-)
Get fucked NFL.

Kyle Pitts
TE,

Jevon Holland
S,

James Hudson
OT,

Rashad Weaver
EDGE,

Olaijah Griffin
CB,

Jermar Jefferson
RB,

Austin Watkins
WR,

Marquez Stevenson
WR,
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:52 PM 02-05-2021
Vera-Tucker is playing LT in this scenario.

Alijah Vera-Tucker
IOL,

Jevon Holland
S,

Patrick Jones II
EDGE,

Anthony Schwartz
WR,

Drake Jackson
IOL,

Jermar Jefferson
RB,

Frank Darby
WR,

Robert Rochell
CB,
[Reply]
kccrow 02:49 PM 02-05-2021
I just like playing with this thing, haha. Just crafting your own scenarios even if I don't think their rankings will match reality... I'd be really happy if it went down similar to this, to be honest. Mayfield, Myers, and Hutcherson are three of my favorite OL in this entire draft, as is Tryon at DE and Stevenson at WR. A definite stock up on the OL and at WR while trying to keep as close to BPA as possible. For the record, all the top WRs were off the board by pick 25. Other realistic options at 32 were Ojulari (not the best scheme fit, more of a 3-4 OLB), Moerhig (definitely think he'd be on the table), Phillips (I wouldn't draft a DE with a concussion history), Barmore (gave long pause on this one and I'm still unsure about passing on him), and Radunz (I like Mayfield more).

32. Jalen Mayfield OT, Michigan
64. Josh Myers IOL, Ohio State
95. Joe Tryon EDGE, Washington
136. James Wiggins S, Cincinnati
175. Sadarius Hutcherson IOL, South Carolina
176. Whop Philyor WR, Indiana
180. Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR, Iowa
211. Marquez Stevenson WR, Houston
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:01 PM 02-05-2021
If Mayfield falls, that would be great. I don't think he does, but we'll see.

And yes, I love Sadarius Hutcherson as I posted previously. Fits exactly what the Chiefs value in terms of versatility, has experience, and would be great value that late in the draft.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 34
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up