ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>Michael Keaton is.... BATMAN.
Mephistopheles Janx 08:32 AM 01-05-2021
This is the first time that DC has made an announcement regarding their movies that has made me happy.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ObP-sDWADARhF8

Originally Posted by :
It’s fair to say that nobody was expecting the bombshell announcement that Michael Keaton is set to reprise the role of Bruce Wayne for the first time since 1992 in The Flash. How exactly his Batman will factor into things still remains unclear, but we know that he’ll be taking on a Nick Fury-like role as a veteran mentor to young Barry Allen.

Apparently, the film will see the titular hero go back in time in an effort to prevent the death of his mom, which leads to him creating another universe and it’s here that we’ll meet Keaton, with his Caped Crusader being the protector of this alternate reality. Not only that, but we’re now learning that he’ll actually become the main Batman in the DCEU timeline as well eventually, rather than have Ben Affleck or even Robert Pattinson take on that particular role.

In a recent interview with the New York Times, Warner Bros. exec Walter Hamada revealed that there will be multiple versions of the hero within the DC Extended Universe soon, saying:

“Coming up, for instance, Warner Bros. will have two different film sagas involving Batman — played by two different actors — running at the same time.”

Obviously, this caused a bit of confusion, but the writer behind the interview, Brooks Barnes, hopped on Twitter shortly after to explain that these two Dark Knights will be Keaton and Robert Pattinson and it’s the former who’ll be the main Batman moving forward, given that Pattinson’s version exists in a separate continuity and Affleck is being phased out after his return in The Flash. Or that’s how it looks, at least, given that the two Batmen that Hamada is referring to don’t include Big Ben.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:44 AM 01-05-2021
Pretty funny after he made that stupid Birdman movie. :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:47 AM 01-05-2021
I'm stoked just to have The Flash movie

Also isn't Michael Keaton doing another B Ooops better not say the B word but here is a hint.

[Reply]
BigRichard 01:52 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I'm stoked just to have The Flash movie

Also isn't Michael Keaton doing another B Ooops better not say the B word but here is a hint.

I wonder if he will have a shrunken head in this one.
[Reply]
Fish 02:42 PM 01-05-2021
Pretty skeptical after their recent turds. Especially considering we've already seen Keaton play this plot in Birdman, and that movie was an epic facepalm.

Must make Pattinson feel pretty good when they're coming out with an alternate Batman already...
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:14 PM 01-05-2021
JFC sounds like a disaster. DC is an absolute abomination and that cannot be argued
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 03:36 PM 01-05-2021
The first part with The Flash is sounds like the Flashpoint animated movie plot line, except that was Thomas Wayne as Batman instead of Bruce Wayne.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 03:53 PM 01-05-2021
They just need to scrap the entire DCU.

It was doomed from the start.

The movies are subpar at best.

Just make a Batman Beyond movie with Keaton as an old Bruce training his protégé.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:36 PM 01-05-2021
Just read an article that says sources claiming Nolan is now open to doing more Batman films!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
listopencil 01:32 AM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
They just need to scrap the entire DCU.

It was doomed from the start.

The movies are subpar at best.

Just make a Batman Beyond movie with Keaton as an old Bruce training his protégé.
This is what should be done. All of the parallel/alternate/dream sequence/blahblahblah bullshit annoys me because it's usually just incredibly lazy storytelling. But at some point it would be cool to see a real master/apprentice situation played out with Batman. Speaking of which...

Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Just read an article that says sources claiming Nolan is now open to doing more Batman films!!!

His last Batman movie all but clobbered us over the head to set this up with that ending. It would be kind of dorky to use Flash as an excuse to mix up all of the different timelines (or whatever bullshit they call it) and have Keaton return to start a Batman Beyond type of franchise but it's about the most interesting idea I've heard other than a straight up reboot.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:39 AM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
JFC sounds like a disaster. DC is an absolute abomination and that cannot be argued
As long as they keep making Doom Patrol, IDGAF about any of the rest of it.

Titans isn't terrible either.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:09 AM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Man of Steel is probably the only movie that they can build on. Keep that, build from there, and flush the rest down the memory hole.

Zach Snyder should never have been put in charge of building this universe. He makes amazing eye candy movies (Sucker Punch is a wreck even if it tries its hardest, but damned if it doesn't look amazing), but he has no feel for flow of a story, much less creating an entire vessel of comic book movies.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:21 AM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Pretty skeptical after their recent turds. Especially considering we've already seen Keaton play this plot in Birdman, and that movie was an epic facepalm.

Must make Pattinson feel pretty good when they're coming out with an alternate Batman already...
DC is done with the DCU. There will be no more interconnected movies, nor will the movies connect with any of their TV series, whether they're on the CW or HBO Max.

They're planning to release 6 films per year but none will be connected. It'll be like WW1984 in which it's not connected to any other films.

The "Snyder-verse" is over.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:38 AM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:

Let him have at it, then.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01-06-2021, 12:18 PM
This message has been deleted by DaneMcCloud.
Megatron96 12:20 PM 01-06-2021
Maybe it's just me, but isn't Keaton (love the guy, don't get me wrong) a little old to play the Caped Crusader at this point?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up