Samuel Cosmi, T, Texas

DE:

Azeez Ojulari, Georgia
Jaelan Phillips, Miami
Jayson Oweh, Penn St.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:10 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I can't see a TE at #32. Kelce is only 31 while coming off his best season as a pro and the best season ever for a tight end.

He's going to play at a high level for at least the next 3 years, so taking a TE early makes zero sense when there are needs everywhere else on the roster.
I think the idea of taking a TE in the 1st has very little to do with Kelce. It would just be a unique way for this offense to evolve. The things you can do with Tyreek, Hardman, Kelce, Freiermuth, and CEH on the field at the same time make you virtually impossible to defend.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:14 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think the idea of taking a TE in the 1st has very little to do with Kelce. It would just be a unique way for this offense to evolve. The things you can do with Tyreek, Hardman, Kelce, Freiermuth, and CEH on the field at the same time make you virtually impossible to defend.

That’s what I was looking at when I first started swooning over Freiermuth.

Jeremy Ruckert in the 3rd/4th might be able to do the same thing, though.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:18 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Outside of Surtain, I dunno that there's anyone there I really like.

The LT from USC is really interesting to me but I doubt he gets to 32.
Complete brain fart on my part. I completely forgot about Surtain. He’s definitely going in the top 15, and I think he’ll be the Broncos pick at 9.

Caleb Farley has a really good shot as well. Forgot about them both because they’re so out of our range.

The 2 corners I was thinking of are Jaycee Horn and Eric Stokes. I like Horn, but he’s not making it to our pick, and I can’t see Stokes being BPA either way.

After those 4, this draft is VERY thin.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:20 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Love Ruckert. He’s my favorite mid round TE now that Ferguson is going back to to school.
[Reply]
O.city 12:22 PM 01-20-2021
Complete brain fart on my part. I completely forgot about Surtain. He’s definitely going in the top 15, and I think he’ll be the Broncos pick at 9.

Caleb Farley has a really good shot as well. Forgot about them both because they’re so out of our range.

The 2 corners I was thinking of are Jaycee Horn and Eric Stokes. I like Horn, but he’s not making it to our pick, and I can’t see Stokes being BPA either way.

After those 4, this draft is VERY thin.
Late first round CB's are just so weird. There's such a hit or miss thing there.

Cb relies so much on raw ability, I dunno. This current defensive staff can develop CB's so I'd go another way early.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:31 PM 01-20-2021
Late first round CB's are just so weird. There's such a hit or miss thing there.

Cb relies so much on raw ability, I dunno. This current defensive staff can develop CB's so I'd go another way early.
Agreed. We’ve added 3 young corners in the last year with Sneed, Baker, and Keyes.

Just take another guy in the mid-late rounds or an UDFA to compete with Keyes for a roster spot.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:45 PM 01-20-2021
Sure, I totally get that but considering they could use starters at so many positions, it seems more like a "Luxury Pick". But I certainly wouldn't object if that's the direction the Chiefs gto at #32.

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Yeah, taking a guy in the 3rd or 4th, especially if they add an additional 3rd, makes more sense from my perspective but it would be difficult to argue against it if they took a TE earlier.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:48 PM 01-20-2021
Agreed. We’ve added 3 young corners in the last year with Sneed, Baker, and Keyes.

Just take another guy in the mid-late rounds or an UDFA to compete with Keyes for a roster spot.
I just don't know what they have in Keyes because he's been limited in playing time this year and to be completely honest, I barely watched the San Diego game in Week 17.

That said, I wouldn't pass on a long, lean and quick CB in the first 3 or 4 rounds because Keyes is on the roster.

Also, Baker will be in his 3rd season in 2021 and the Chiefs still don't know what they have in him. If there's a guy they like in the 3rd or 4th, it would be tough to pass on him knowing they'd have him at a reasonable cost for 4 years.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:50 PM 01-20-2021
At this point, right away atleast, I dont' think the need is for a "game breaker". It's my belief that Hardman should develop nicely into that.

They need some filler around those guys and I think there are a few nice midlevel options in free agency. The high end guys need to come from the draft to be developed there.

They've been good without Watkins this year so I don't think you have to have an elite level dude there right away.
Hardman is likely to end up in the slot. Having somebody on the outside like Terrance Marshall would open up this offense the way Watkins does.

Just look at what LSU WR's have done in the NFL. If Marshall's there, he should be the pick. Period.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:51 PM 01-20-2021
I just don't know what they have in Keyes because he's been limited in playing time this year and to be completely honest, I barely watched the San Diego game in Week 17.

That said, I wouldn't pass on a long, lean and quick CB in the first 3 or 4 rounds because Keyes is on the roster.

Also, Baker will be in his 3rd season in 2021 and the Chiefs still don't know what they have in him. If there's a guy they like in the 3rd or 4th, it would be tough to pass on him knowing they'd have him at a reasonable cost for 4 years.
You can never have too many DB's. Sneed should be the example of that.

Go get a guy late, grab some UDFA's, and develop them.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:55 PM 01-20-2021

Totally agree. If there’s a guy they like they should take them in that range.
[Reply]
O.city 12:58 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Hardman is likely to end up in the slot. Having somebody on the outside like Terrance Marshall would open up this offense the way Watkins does.

Just look at what LSU WR's have done in the NFL. If Marshall's there, he should be the pick. Period.
THey've been a better offense without Watkins this year than with, so I dunno how important he is anymore.

I don't think a WR is gonna step right into this offense and make a huge impact early like some around the league have. There just aren't enough touches.

I'm not against WR early at all, but taking one this quick wouldn't really say good things about Hardman and I think they like him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:01 PM 01-20-2021
THey've been a better offense without Watkins this year than with, so I dunno how important he is anymore.

I don't think a WR is gonna step right into this offense and make a huge impact early like some around the league have. There just aren't enough touches.

I'm not against WR early at all, but taking one this quick wouldn't really say good things about Hardman and I think they like him.
It wouldn't say anything about Hardman at all. This offense is designed to use as many weapons as possible.

You're looking at this wrong, man. Chiefs football has changed. They're not looking for war horses, they're looking for race horses.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:13 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It wouldn't say anything about Hardman at all. This offense is designed to use as many weapons as possible.

You're looking at this wrong, man. Chiefs football has changed. They're not looking for war horses, they're looking for race horses.
Exactly. It’s about making teams pay for the way they currently defend us and making it impossible to do successfully.

Who doesn’t want to see Pat absolutely loaded with weapons every single year?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:22 PM 01-20-2021
Exactly. It’s about making teams pay for the way they currently defend us and making it impossible to do successfully.

Who doesn’t want to see Pat absolutely loaded with weapons every single year?
A lot of people would rather see him bottled up behind a wall of an offensive line so he doesn't get hurt.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Up