ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 84
« First < 30707677787980 81828384 >
Media Center>Conspiracy, the Paranormal, the Unexplained and the Esoteric
keg in kc 05:43 PM 01-17-2015
Figure this would have a better chance of surviving in the Media Center than on the main page, and I'll be adding youtube and podcast links from time to time as I come across them, so it fits.

This has been something that's interested me from a very young age, all aspects of mysterious stuff, whether we're talking forgotten or forbidden archeology or civilization (Atlantis, pre-colombian exploration of america, etc), unexplained events (like Tunguska in 1908, the lost Roanoke Island colony, etc), paranormal events like ghosts, the study of ESP and that sort of thing, conspiracy (ranging from JFK to stuff like the perpetration of the drug war and the infilitration of the media by US intelligence) and, of course, UFOs (which to me means "unexplained" not "extraterrestrial" but that's a whole other topic).

Anything could show up, and everybody should feel free to add whatever they like. Just try to keep it as civil and respectful as possible. This is not intended to be a DC thread; it's as much for entertainment purposes as it is to solve all the world's mysteries.

**Although if anybody posts anything from Third Phase of Moon they should probably expect me to kick them in the balls.**

Few things I like to watch or listen to in no particular order (most of this can be found on itunes as well...):

The Paracast
Binall of America
The Gralian Report
The Paranormal Report
Dark City
Radio Misterioso
Open Minds (mostly their podcast)

That's it for now, just wanted to get this started. Been thinking about doing it for a while...
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:49 AM 05-18-2021
My imagination getting all colorful and shit....part of me wonders if these UAP's really are man made....just not by the U.S. And the government putting this out there is to apply pressure and bring attention to another country...say...CHINA...who has this tech and we can't get our hands on it.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:34 PM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
My imagination getting all colorful and shit....part of me wonders if these UAP's really are man made....just not by the U.S. And the government putting this out there is to apply pressure and bring attention to another country...say...CHINA...who has this tech and we can't get our hands on it.
There is merit to this thought. Military tech is years if not decades in front of normal everyday life and tech. Who knows what's out there blasting around in the skies that we or another country built.

That said, man, they sure are releasing a LOT of videos and info on the UFO phenomenon lately.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:47 PM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
There is merit to this thought. Military tech is years if not decades in front of normal everyday life and tech. Who knows what's out there blasting around in the skies that we or another country built.

That said, man, they sure are releasing a LOT of videos and info on the UFO phenomenon lately.
Exciting, isn't it.

I put the Bob Lazar Netflix doc on last night just to re-visit it. Did it last long though, i passed out almost right away haha.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:52 PM 05-18-2021

Luis Elizondo, the former head of a classified DoD program to research potential UFO said that there is very compelling evidence that we may not be alone.

He also said that "These aircraft - we'll call them aircraft - are displaying characteristics that are not currently within the US inventory nor in any foreign inventory that we are aware of,". He also said that the information that's been released to the public to date only scratches the surface of what the government and military knows about these UAP's.

I don't think they're "Time Travelers" from the future because that's absurd. While it's possible to "Time Travel" to the future when nearing the Speed of Light, which is described in Einstein's Theory of Relativity, traveling back in time just isn't feasible because time isn't linear, even though we count it as such.

I've been interested in UFO phenomena since I was a little kid and have always thought it would be cool if there were alien visitations. But as I've grown older (and hopefully, a little wiser), I do not believe that such an interaction would be benign. There are literally billions of planets in the known universe so why would aliens send drones or scout ships to Earth if their intentions were for the betterment of mankind?

I've read every book by Carl Sagan, who was hopeful that Earthlings might some day become Citizens of the Universe, which is a nice thought but I tend to agree now with Steven Hawking in the belief that extraterrestrial visitors would be the downfall of human civilization, at least until we've created the tech needed to travel at light speed, which I'm sure is at least a few hundred years away, if not longer.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:22 PM 05-18-2021
Oh shit... I made that thread in the Lounge without knowing this one existed here.

Why is this in the Media Center tho?
[Reply]
Bowser 02:59 PM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Luis Elizondo, the former head of a classified DoD program to research potential UFO said that there is very compelling evidence that we may not be alone.

He also said that "These aircraft - we'll call them aircraft - are displaying characteristics that are not currently within the US inventory nor in any foreign inventory that we are aware of,". He also said that the information that's been released to the public to date only scratches the surface of what the government and military knows about these UAP's.

I don't think they're "Time Travelers" from the future because that's absurd. While it's possible to "Time Travel" to the future when nearing the Speed of Light, which is described in Einstein's Theory of Relativity, traveling back in time just isn't feasible because time isn't linear, even though we count it as such.

I've been interested in UFO phenomena since I was a little kid and have always thought it would be cool if there were alien visitations. But as I've grown older (and hopefully, a little wiser), I do not believe that such an interaction would be benign. There are literally billions of planets in the known universe so why would aliens send drones or scout ships to Earth if their intentions were for the betterment of mankind?

I've read every book by Carl Sagan, who was hopeful that Earthlings might some day become Citizens of the Universe, which is a nice thought but I tend to agree now with Steven Hawking in the belief that extraterrestrial visitors would be the downfall of human civilization, at least until we've created the tech needed to travel at light speed, which I'm sure is at least a few hundred years away, if not longer.
I've seen that Hawking quote and have mixed feelings about it. I get the logic, but assuming that an advanced civilization will show up as oppressors an automatically attempt to oppress us because they're more advanced is as short sighted as we as humans thinking we have 100% figured out all there is to know about physics and space flight. IF there is life out there observing us, we have so so much to learn, just the same as with travel through space.

These UFO's are a perfect example of that. Pilots are on record having observed them stating that these craft travel in ways that defy the laws of physics. Has mankind reached a point where we can bend physics or are these visitors from another place or time? We (the public, anyway) just don't know that yet.

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Oh shit... I made that thread in the Lounge without knowing this one existed here.

Why is this in the Media Center tho?
It was created here and has always been here as far as I know. No worries with the Lounge thread, it just gets more people talking about it!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:46 PM 05-18-2021
I've seen that Hawking quote and have mixed feelings about it. I get the logic, but assuming that an advanced civilization will show up as oppressors an automatically attempt to oppress us because they're more advanced is as short sighted as we as humans thinking we have 100% figured out all there is to know about physics and space flight. IF there is life out there observing us, we have so so much to learn, just the same as with travel through space.
I just can't think of any other reason why an alien civilization would visit Earth, other than to search out resources. It's the same motivation that NASA and Space X have for our future in colonizing the Moon and Mars. Musk wants to terraform Mars for human expansion and I assume that any existing bacteria or lower life forms found on Mars would not stop humankind from establishing colonies or even terraforming the planet.

These UFO's are a perfect example of that. Pilots are on record having observed them stating that these craft travel in ways that defy the laws of physics. Has mankind reached a point where we can bend physics or are these visitors from another place or time? We (the public, anyway) just don't know that yet.
Well, they're definitely not from another time. It's impossible to move back in time because it's a man made construct and does not exist outside of humans. Lower life forms on this planet have no concept of time - only humans perceive time.

There have been plenty of scientists with theories of how to warp space and travel at light speed (or faster) but we just don't have an energy source at this point in time able to provide the necessary fuel to travel between the stars.

All of our probes out there, from Voyager 1 and 2 to the current Mars lander, can only travel at a speed of about 26,000 miles per hour, which sounds like a lot but when that's compared to Light Speed, which is more than 11 million miles per hour, it's a snail's pace.

If an alien civilization recently sent drones and probes to Earth, it's a safe bet that they are so far technologically advanced that we would serve no purpose to them, whatsoever and therefore, we would be nothing but an inconvenient hindrance to their goals.
[Reply]
eDave 08:27 PM 05-18-2021
Who do we think we are, anyway? The human race doesn't posses anything of value to anyone else. Other than our planet.
[Reply]
Pants 09:54 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I highly doubt it, man. China does not invent or innovate. Their entire approach to everything is to steal designs and copy them.

It's crazy how mainstream this is going. You can just tell that Dietrich isn't bullshitting at all.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:56 PM 05-20-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:

It's crazy how mainstream this is going. You can just tell that Dietrich isn't bullshitting at all.
Quickly! Let's form a UN based world government to fight it off!
[Reply]
Sorry 12:14 PM 05-25-2021

When I think of aliens, I kinda picture it being thin like this figure in the video, it's most def. prob. 9.9/10 fake but it is interesting to speculate.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:26 PM 05-25-2021
Looks fake as fuck.
[Reply]
Sorry 12:35 PM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Looks fake as ****.
I agree, it's all in jest lol made me want to search speculation on what they might look like - as if we would know lol https://www.popularmechanics.com/spa...lly-look-like/
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:01 PM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by Sorry:

When I think of aliens, I kinda picture it being thin like this figure in the video, it's most def. prob. 9.9/10 fake but it is interesting to speculate.
So this alien got drunk at the local dive bar and forgot where he parked his space ship?

At least we have something relatable in common.
[Reply]
Rausch 03:17 PM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by Sorry:
I agree, it's all in jest lol made me want to search speculation on what they might look like - as if we would know lol https://www.popularmechanics.com/spa...lly-look-like/
I never liked the argument that it's unrealistic that aliens would look similar to us. Of course they would.

Drunks go to bars. Kids go to toy stores. Aliens would naturally go to a planet that is similar or beneficial to them. We probably won't try to settle on Jupiter because it's a gas planet, life or no life. We might settle on Europa or one of the moons of saturn though due to how similar we think they might be.

Besides 4 legged creatures can't manipulate the environment like primates can. Your method of locomotion can drastically limit your ability to manipulate the world around you. I would think living in a liquid based environment would limit you as well...
[Reply]
Page 80 of 84
« First < 30707677787980 81828384 >
Up