ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Snake Eyes : G.I. Joe Origins (2021)
Tribal Warfare 10:23 AM 05-17-2021

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:35 AM 05-18-2021

Snake Eyes star Henry Golding defends showing the character's face under the mask.

"But behind the mask, he's a guy. He's a human... We need to be able to see that in his eyes and, wearing a mask, sometimes we just aren't able to put that across." https://t.co/iseyYYRl2d pic.twitter.com/sxJaFXrBNI

— Screen Rant (@screenrant) May 18, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Henry Golding: I think it's the building of his background and the building of his true origin. And understanding that to know a man is to know his past and the footprints he had to make to get to where he got.

It was so important to set the standard and set the basis of [him]. If we were to go the next 5 or 6 films with just his mask on, we all know who Snake Eyes is. And that was what was so important. People complaining that, "Ahh! We see his face!" Well, he didn't come out of his mother's belly with a mask on and whatnot. Who's to say we won't go the entire rest of the movies [like that]?

But behind the mask, he's a guy. He's a human; he has love interests, he has failures in life, he has mistakes that he's made, and he has forgiveness in his heart for the things that perhaps he thought he'd never be able to forgive himself for. We need to be able to see that in his eyes and, wearing a mask, sometimes we just aren't able to put that across

[Reply]
Bowser 01:39 PM 05-18-2021
Shang Chi vs. Snake Eyes

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:55 PM 07-23-2021
The way they set the character it would've been a better narrative if Snake Eyes was a gaijin white boy.

He was getting his ass kicked alot, and wasn't Storm Shadows equal.

If it does well I'm expecting a sequel due to the way it ended.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:59 AM 07-24-2021
I saw it Thursday night. Takeaways:

1) I fucking love Andrew Koji. He was great in Warrior and excellent in this. I thought he did a good job portraying the noble heir to the empire with the angry undertones running underneath.

2) the only thing as perfect as casting Ursula Cordero as the Baroness is her ass. (Seriously. Google it. I mean, that thing is good. I wanna be friends with it).

3) I liked the way the script made call backs in a subtle way and also referenced the complex history Larry Hama created for Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow in the comics while putting some new spins on it.

You could see elements of what Hama did with Zartan’s character in the comics (infiltrating the Arashikage for nefarious purposes) with the
Spoiler!

4) Samara Weaving. Meh. Look was right for Scarlett. She didn’t have much to work with but just barely OK with what she did have.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:11 AM 07-24-2021
Fact checkers have pronounced your claim as 100% true

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:46 PM 07-24-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Fact checkers have pronounced your claim as 100% true

That’s quick work on the search.

(Whisper)
There’s even better stuff out there
(/whisper)
[Reply]