ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Packaging both 2nds
kccrow 11:06 AM 04-29-2021
Do you think Veach will package both 2's in a move up to say 34 with the Jets for one guy he covets, or does he stand pat?

If you think he does move up, who's it for?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:02 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
You have to think we might net some Comp picks for Watkins, Tanoh, Bell, Wis or Reiter, though those might be offset by Reed, Thuney, Blythe acquisitions (does Reed count since he was cut?).
I wouldn't expect any Comp Picks for the Chiefs next year.

Kpassagnon, Wisniewski and Reiter didn't even sign anywhere this offseason and even if they had, it would have been for Vet Minimum. Thuney and Reed alone far surpass the $5 million Watkins received from Baltimore.

Plus, is doesn't matter whether or not a player was cut or a free agent. If the Chiefs signed him to a $6 million dollar deal, from my understanding, it's still part of the comp pick formula.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:02 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I seem to be on the same page as you a lot lately. At one point i think we butted heads and i thought you were a real dumbass, but now ill tip my hat to you good sir.
Me? Dumbass? No way! :-)
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 12:37 PM 04-29-2021
I think we stand pat.

I have a hunch there are a few guys in the top 65 Veach really likes.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:38 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
I think we stand pat.

I have a hunch there are a few guys in the top 65 Veach really likes.
I think its a great place to get some contributors or several years.
[Reply]
Kellerfox 12:39 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Kpassagnon, Wisniewski and Reiter didn't even sign anywhere this offseason and even if they had, it would have been for Vet Minimum. Thuney and Reed alone far surpass the $5 million Watkins received from Baltimore.

Plus, is doesn't matter whether or not a player was cut or a free agent. If the Chiefs signed him to a $6 million dollar deal, from my understanding, it's still part of the comp pick formula.
Reed doesn't count against us because the Seahawks cut him. Right now Watkins, KPass, and Wilson's contract's qualify... But it is safe to assume that Wilson's contra t is too small to make the final cut off so I'm disregarding it. It doesn't matter how large Thuney's contract was in the calculations... He just offsets one of our qualifying contracts (Watkins). Right now, the Chiefs are slotted to get 1 pick for KPass and it's likely a 7th. KPass' contract barely qualifies, so if there are more qualifying contracts than slotted comp picks his will be one of the first cut.

So... TLDR: Chiefs currently should be getting a 2022 7th round comp pick but it might go away.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:47 PM 04-29-2021
I think its a great place to get some contributors or several years.
Having two picks at the end of the 2nd is like gold in this draft. They could go DB, WR, DE, or OL and still get quality players that could contribute immediately.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:02 PM 04-29-2021
I am happy to just sit and take who falls.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 01:19 PM 04-29-2021

KPass signed with the Saints
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:21 PM 04-29-2021
I'd prefer to stand pat, because brown and two seconds is a fantastic place to be sitting as a team that just went to a superbowl. However i would consider moving to 40 if it looks like a guy will be there. And when i say "A guy" I mean a posistion of value and a high ceiling guy. You can always get creative and recoup that second next year by trading back in what should be a massive draft class.
Totally agree.

I'd really rather not, but then Veach has bigger balls than I do, and I'm man enough to admit it.
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:24 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Do you think he’d trade picks from next year to move up with one of the seconds?
He absolutely better not.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:46 PM 04-29-2021
I hope he stays put at 58 & 63.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:54 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
KPass signed with the Saints
What in the world are they doing down there?

They're going to be lucky to reach 8-8 this season.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:01 PM 04-29-2021
What in the world are they doing down there?

They're going to be lucky to reach 8-8 this season.
Payton got into the painkillers cabinet again.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:08 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Totally agree.

I'd really rather not, but then Veach has bigger balls than I do, and I'm man enough to admit it.
This is the wildcard. Logic says dont do it. Veachs vieny, oversized, over pressured scrotum thats seeping testosterone into the air and polluting the war room air quality, just cant be factored properly.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 02:41 PM 04-29-2021
The only guys I’d package both 2’s for:

Kwity Paye
Jaycee Horn
Patrick Surtain
Jamar Chase
Kyle Pitts
JOK
Parsons
D. Smith
J.Waddle