« First < 364243444546
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Lucas Niang Thread*****
Dante84 09:31 PM 04-24-2020
More to come in 2021

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Megatron96 12:36 PM 03-07-2023
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
I'm talking about Toney's history. Injured in college, injured in NY and also with the Chiefs. Niang got an injury in college but has only had one injury with the Chiefs and when he got back healthy Andy made him sit because Wylie was already settled in the RT spot. So he's actually been healthy for a while now in reality.
Wasn't he injured/recovering from an injury when we drafted him? Then we finally got him on the field for a few games, and he injured something else in 2021?

In college did he ever finish a season? Not being snarky, just curious at this point, because the guy is either an injury factory or he's one of the unluckiest players in recent memory.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:09 PM 03-07-2023
It feels like folks around here criminally underrated OBJ's avail-ability.
[Reply]
Hydrae 04:38 PM 03-07-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Wasn't he injured/recovering from an injury when we drafted him? Then we finally got him on the field for a few games, and he injured something else in 2021?

In college did he ever finish a season? Not being snarky, just curious at this point, because the guy is either an injury factory or he's one of the unluckiest players in recent memory.
Per Wikipedia he did fine until his last year in college:

Originally Posted by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas_Niang:
Niang was highly recruited coming out of high school. He had around 40 scholarship offers from schools including TCU, Penn State, Auburn, Miami, and Georgia, and decided to enroll at TCU. After enrolling at TCU in 2016, Niang played in 12 of the Horned Frogs' 13 games as a true freshman that fall. He became a starter midway through his sophomore season in 2017, helping lead the Frogs to the program's first-ever berth in the Big 12 Championship Game and a win in the 2017 Alamo Bowl over Stanford.[3]

Starting all 13 games at right tackle for TCU as a junior in 2018, Niang didn't allow a sack the entire season[4] and earned 2nd Team All-Big 12 honors [5] before helpling lead the Frogs to a win over California in the 2018 Cheez-It Bowl.[6]

Prior to his senior season, Niang was named 1st Team Preseason All-Big 12,[7] and The Athletic named him as one of the top offensive linemen in college football.[8] Hall of Fame NFL executive Gil Brandt has named Niang as one of the top offensive line prospects for the 2020 NFL Draft,[9] and ESPN draft expert Todd McShay has projected Niang as a first-round selection and best offensive tackle in the 2020 NFL Draft.[10]

Niang was forced to end his senior season early after TCU pulled out an upset win against the University of Texas in late October 2019. He had been advised by his doctor the week before to get surgery to repair a torn hip labrum he had been playing through since the beginning of the season to avoid the risk of a more severe injury.

Niang played as a true freshman in 12 games out of 13. He became a starter as a sophomore and in his 28 games and three-year span as a starter for TCU, he never allowed a single sack. Over that period, he only had two holding calls and no false starts.[11]

[Reply]
srvy 08:56 PM 03-07-2023
Does anyone know anything about this Prince Tega Wanogho fellow is he even in the picture? Also, Geron Christion is still with us is he a possibility if so?

Also was Chris Conley still in the building and does he get a ring? I know we resigned him but was that just because we were thin at the time and Toney was learning the playbook.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:00 PM 03-07-2023
Niang was the backup LT.

It’s possible that he’s the opening day starter at LT.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:17 PM 03-07-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Niang was the backup LT.

It’s possible that he’s the opening day starter at LT.
He's a natural RT and he's not played any games at LT in college or the NFL so that's not happening.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:06 AM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
Does anyone know anything about this Prince Tega Wanogho fellow is he even in the picture? Also, Geron Christion is still with us is he a possibility if so?

Also was Chris Conley still in the building and does he get a ring? I know we resigned him but was that just because we were thin at the time and Toney was learning the playbook.
He looked serviceable in limited snaps. I don't know if he's starter material, though.

Christian, I don't know. Is he still on the squad? I thought we cut him late in the year.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:11 AM 03-08-2023
Niang has had two serious injuries.

Does that make him a broke-dick? Don't know. They're not specifically related, and neither would appear to be chronic type things. Am I confident that he can play full seasons without injury? Nope. Maybe? Sure.

Would I ink him in as a day one starter? Ehhhh...I dunno about that. Obviously, Veach and Reid know a lot more about it than I do.

Given that we're likely to be filling the OT spots with reclamation projects, cheap vets, and draft picks, I'd say he'll be in the competition for one of the spots, probably RT. He may well win it, and I'm sure the team would prefer to get something of value from him.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:41 AM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Niang has had two serious injuries.

Does that make him a broke-dick? Don't know. They're not specifically related, and neither would appear to be chronic type things. Am I confident that he can play full seasons without injury? Nope. Maybe? Sure.

Would I ink him in as a day one starter? Ehhhh...I dunno about that. Obviously, Veach and Reid know a lot more about it than I do.

Given that we're likely to be filling the OT spots with reclamation projects, cheap vets, and draft picks, I'd say he'll be in the competition for one of the spots, probably RT. He may well win it, and I'm sure the team would prefer to get something of value from him.
Hardman has had one serious injury, on CP that = brokedick

DHop has had one serious injury, = brokedick
[Reply]
Hoover 01:12 PM 03-08-2023
Niang is going to be in the mix, I'm happy we have him.

But all this debate is useless until we know what Veach does in free agency. I do know this, we are not going into the draft with question marks at both tackle spots.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 46
« First < 364243444546
Up