ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 57
« First < 7475354555657
Media Center>Horror Movies
Sorter 05:50 PM 10-18-2012
Please recommend me some for the season. I'm currently fresh out ideas, sans Sinister which I'll be seeing this week.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:14 AM 03-16-2024
Satanic Hispanics is pure genious

Its the Cholofit of horror movies

[Reply]
svistop 12:23 PM 03-24-2024
13 ghosts. Its not to scary but I remember very well watching it as a child, even though I don’t like horror films
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:34 AM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by svistop:
13 ghosts. Its not to scary but I remember very well watching it as a child, even though I don’t like horror films
I enjoyed this movie as a teen. If you try to watch again today though...ooof. It didn't age well.
[Reply]
BigRichard 11:14 AM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
I enjoyed this movie as a teen. If you try to watch again today though...ooof. It didn't age well.
I would watch it again just to see a young Shannon Elizabeth... she was hotter than balls back in the day.

[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:02 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
It didn’t age well but the idea of the 13 Ghosts was a really cool concept. The Jackal used to scare the shit out of me.

I’d watch an anthology shining light on some lore for each of them, honestly.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01:21 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I would watch it again just to see a young Shannon Elizabeth... she was hotter than balls back in the day.

Agreed.
[Reply]
Otter 01:51 PM 03-27-2024
"An American Werewolf in London"

Holds up incredibly well for a 20+ year old film.

10/10

[Reply]
KCUnited 07:24 AM 04-01-2024
Thanksgiving - fun little movie with some recognizable faces. Executed perfectly for that gore/humor style of horror movie

Saw X - as expected with some wild ways of people dying but way too much story for me. No Saw movie should be 2 hours

The Last Voyage of the Demeter - should've been way creepier but the whole thing felt super bland and boring
[Reply]
Ceej 05:50 PM 04-01-2024
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Thanksgiving - fun little movie with some recognizable faces. Executed perfectly for that gore/humor style of horror movie

Saw X - as expected with some wild ways of people dying but way too much story for me. No Saw movie should be 2 hours

The Last Voyage of the Demeter - should've been way creepier but the whole thing felt super bland and boring
Man, I started Thanksgiving the other week, and normally stuff like that has bothered me, but the first half hour was pretty grotesque. Maybe I'm just getting old. :-)

My wife and I watched Night Shift last night on Prime, not too bad. The lead actress is FAP worthy.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:42 AM 04-08-2024
Night Swim was probably better than a movie with a premise so absurd had any right to be. Had some cool, tense shots with the camera half-submerged and I liked the bits with the Asian family - thought that could have been explored a bit more.

Otherwise, it had too many unintentionally funny moments to be considered a decent movie. Like, one of the pool entities literally looked like Danny Devito. Not even joking.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:30 AM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by Otter:
"An American Werewolf in London"

Holds up incredibly well for a 20+ year old film.

10/10

• Innovative Special Effects: The movie is renowned for its groundbreaking use of practical effects, particularly in the werewolf transformation sequences, which were created by Rick Baker. These effects were cutting-edge for the time and still hold up remarkably well today, even in the age of CGI-dominated filmmaking.
  • Balancing Horror and Comedy: Landis skillfully blends horror and comedy elements throughout the film, creating a unique and memorable tone. The movie can be genuinely frightening one moment and then shift seamlessly into moments of dark humor the next, providing a refreshing and engaging viewing experience.
  • Strong Performances: The performances by the cast, particularly David Naughton as the American tourist David Kessler and Griffin Dunne as his deceased friend Jack, are integral to the film's success. Their chemistry and believability help to ground the supernatural elements of the story in a relatable human experience.
  • Engaging Storytelling: The film's narrative, while rooted in classic horror tropes, offers a fresh take on the werewolf mythology. Landis injects elements of social commentary and existential dread into the story, giving it depth beyond simple scares.
  • Cultural Impact: "An American Werewolf in London" has left a lasting impact on popular culture, influencing numerous subsequent horror films and TV shows. Its iconic imagery and memorable quotes have become ingrained in the collective consciousness of horror fans.aintain its status as a beloved classic in the horror genre.
That flick really is the barometer for a horror/comedy. It's perfectly balanced between the laughs and that creepy-to-your-soul moments. The best friend is trying to help, the main characters can sense the evil looming, and the story of what's to come told through your best friend as a harbinger...
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:17 AM 04-08-2024
You'll Never Find Me on Shudder is a good watch

More unsettling and tense than scary. Its filmed and scored really well and keeps you guessing throughout. Its a really well thought out and creative slow burning creeper

[Reply]
Page 57 of 57
« First < 7475354555657
Up