ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Hunter Nourzad Thread*****
Dante84 01:09 PM 04-27-2024
More to come!

New Chiefs’ offensive lineman Hunter Nourzad started at right tackle (20 games), center (13 games), left guard (7 games) and right guard (1 games) over the course of his time at Cornell and Penn State.

Adds great versatility up front, particularly inside.

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) April 27, 2024

This dude had 582 snaps at RT, 535 at LG, 170 at LT and 801 snaps at center according to PFF. Yeah, the NFL loves this guy. Hunter Nourzad imo is a rock solid starter, but at the very worst he's a damn good swingman reserve.pic.twitter.com/Xizp03anWu

— Nick Martin (@themicknartin) February 20, 2024

Hunter Bourzad headed to the kingdom ����pic.twitter.com/SeJJFOcxDs

— The 33rd Team (@The33rdTeamFB) April 27, 2024

Penn State IOL Hunter Nourzad with the snatch-trap on Michael Hall pic.twitter.com/plqVX815p3

— Russell Brown (@RussNFLDraft) April 11, 2024

Penn State IOL Hunter Nourzad playing with a square and fluid base. Impressive lateral movement skills. pic.twitter.com/K35al90vdt

#Chiefs stole #PennState's Hunter Nourzad, a OC/OG, who can step in as a starter if need be, here in the 5th

Nourzad impressed at OG/OC over last 2 years (and OT at Cornell before that), and really impressed at OC all week at @ShrineBowl

GREAT Day 3 value.#ShrineBowlWhosNext https://t.co/kGDMuzQQjM pic.twitter.com/l43ldVfhQm

— Eric Galko (@EricGalko) April 27, 2024

[Reply]
Hound333 01:18 PM 04-27-2024
I love that we are actually discussing a 5th round pick and immediately are talking about who they replace. Man having a great GM just kicks arse. I remember sooooo many years where I stopped watching around the 3rd round because "none of those guys ever make the team".
[Reply]
Dante84 01:18 PM 04-27-2024
Thuney is a possible cap casualty next year, no?
[Reply]
philfree 01:19 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Yes! I hope the goal is to let Creed walk
Why would you "want" to let Creed walk? If we have to let him go because of contract demands that's one thing but I certainly would like to keep him if we can.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:20 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
ESPN Radio's Jordan Reid loves this pick. Nourzad played left tackle in the Ivy League and both guard and center at Penn State. Only allowed two sacks in his college career.
You have to like his versatility.

Main takeaway from this Draft is that Brett Veach & Andy Reid are taking care of Mahomes. Two OL to help protect him and two weapons to help the passing game.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:20 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
ESPN Radio's Jordan Reid loves this pick. Nourzad played left tackle in the Ivy League and both guard and center at Penn State. Only allowed two sacks in his college career.
That's elite versatility. Chiefs love those kind of guys. Also was at the Senior Bowl and the Chiefs feast on guys who play in that game.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-27-2024

The pre-snap communication from Penn State IOL Hunter Nourzad on every play may be the best in the class.

[Reply]
Urc Burry 01:22 PM 04-27-2024
Trey barely matters. Creed does not matter
Andy would disagree with you.

We are more likely to resign both than to let both walk… but I’d guess Trey walks

As much as Mahomes likes to get out of the pocket, I would rather have an elite interior over elite tackles.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:22 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Yes. Great depth pick.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:23 PM 04-27-2024
Trey barely matters. Creed does not matter
How is it possible to be this clueless? Stick to poker and Toucan Sam hoops.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 01:23 PM 04-27-2024
Probably. With Creed, Smith and Bolton (I think) up for new deals next year Thuney is looking like a cut next year. We needed OL depth, this guy ticks lots of boxes.
[Reply]
philfree 01:23 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Draft is pretty much done. Veach just nailed it this year.
Sure does look that way. I don't ever remember feeling like a draft was going this good as I watched it play out.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:24 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
You have to like his versatility.

Main takeaway from this Draft is that Brett Veach & Andy Reid are taking care of Mahomes. Two OL to help protect him and two weapons to help the passing game.
I mean I guess he's versatile in the sense that he's played OT. But he's not even really a viable emergency option at OT in the pros.

He's pure G/C at the next level.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 01:25 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Draft is pretty much done. Veach just nailed it this year.
This draft is a classic example of reload rather than rebuild.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:25 PM 04-27-2024
He sounds like an Andy Reid wet dream.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:25 PM 04-27-2024
Little crazy to say iOL don't matter...

Jason Kelce? Just to name one.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up