ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 154 of 469
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164204254 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Eleazar 12:57 PM 06-17-2022
Originally Posted by DeepSouth:
I just realized the Athletics record ( 21 - 43 ) is worse than the Royals ( 21 - 41 ). Who is pitching for the Royals today ?
I would laugh but they had to have a fire sale to get there
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 02:06 PM 06-17-2022
You Royals fans don't realize how good you have it. I'm a fan of a team with truly no hope. I still wake up in the morning, wash the vulva excretions off my goattee, and hope for better that night. As an Angels fan, this Royals suppository depresses me.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:16 PM 06-17-2022
Can't wait till the A's move out of that dump in Oakland and go to Las Vegas.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:19 PM 06-17-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Can't wait till the A's move out of that dump in Oakland and go to Las Vegas.
They better put the stadium inside. Ain't nobody gonna be watching baseball outside in vegas during almost any part of the baseball season
[Reply]
BWillie 08:29 PM 06-17-2022
Andrew Benintendi is having the worst season he's ever had. Last season was the 2nd worst season he's ever had.

2016. .835 ops
2017. .776 ops
2018. .830 ops
2019 .774 ops
2020 hurt
2021. .766 ops
2022. .761 ops
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:50 PM 06-17-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Andrew Benintendi is having the worst season he's ever had. Last season was the 2nd worst season he's ever had.

2016. .835 ops
2017. .776 ops
2018. .830 ops
2019 .774 ops
2020 hurt
2021. .766 ops
2022. .761 ops
Fucking idiotic to not have traded him earlier.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:05 PM 06-17-2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:47 PM 06-17-2022
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...nnect-uniforms

Ranking MLB's City Connect uniforms

Major League Baseball and Nike introduced the City Connect series during the 2021 season to shake up uniform design across the sport in the most dramatic fashion since the league introduced the Turn Ahead the Clock alternates in the late 1990s.

Nike has worked with each MLB team to craft a uniform that expresses the personality and communities of the team's home city. Last year saw the launch of seven City Connect uniforms: for the Arizona Diamondbacks, Boston Red Sox, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Los Angeles Dodgers, Miami Marlins and San Francisco Giants. The unveilings have continued this season with the Washington Nationals, Houston Astros, Kansas City Royals, Colorado Rockies, Los Angeles Angels and Milwaukee Brewers so far, and those will be followed by the San Diego Padres on July 8.

After taking over as the uniform supplier for the NFL and the NBA, Nike pushed for radical uniform-design changes in those leagues, a move that is now making its way into the baseball world. While some MLB traditionalists have scoffed, many of the designs have sold out quickly after their unveiling.

With some of the designs more polarizing than others, here's our breakdown of the uniforms that have dropped to date -- and how we rank them.

1. Colorado Rockies
2. Chicago White Sox
3. Miami Marlins
4. Washington Nationals
5. Boston Red Sox
6. Arizona Diamondbacks
7. Houston Astros
8. Los Angeles Angels
9. Milwaukee Brewers
10. San Francisco Giants
11. Kansas City Royals

Debut: April 30, 2022, vs. New York Yankees

Design inspiration: Nike presented the Royals with multiple themes, including barbecue and jazz, and the team went with a theme inspired by the city's fountains and art deco architecture. The navy blue pays homage to the city's baseball past with the Monarchs, Blue Sox, Athletics, Packers and Blues, while the design detailing is a nod to the team's past uniform history.

Fan reception: The uniforms received a mixed reception on social media. Some fans criticized the safe approach to the City Connect design while others praised the team's approach with its fountain-inspired logo.

Verdict: While the Royals created a strong, modern logo, the team fell short in creating a look that differentiated itself from the rest of the team's uniform set by going with safe colors. These uniforms fell short, similar to the Cubs' uniforms, which played things slightly too safe when presented with an opportunity to go bold

12. Chicago Cubs
13. Los Angeles Dodgers

[Reply]
dlphg9 08:40 AM 06-18-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...nnect-uniforms

Ranking MLB's City Connect uniforms

Major League Baseball and Nike introduced the City Connect series during the 2021 season to shake up uniform design across the sport in the most dramatic fashion since the league introduced the Turn Ahead the Clock alternates in the late 1990s.

Nike has worked with each MLB team to craft a uniform that expresses the personality and communities of the team's home city. Last year saw the launch of seven City Connect uniforms: for the Arizona Diamondbacks, Boston Red Sox, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Los Angeles Dodgers, Miami Marlins and San Francisco Giants. The unveilings have continued this season with the Washington Nationals, Houston Astros, Kansas City Royals, Colorado Rockies, Los Angeles Angels and Milwaukee Brewers so far, and those will be followed by the San Diego Padres on July 8.

After taking over as the uniform supplier for the NFL and the NBA, Nike pushed for radical uniform-design changes in those leagues, a move that is now making its way into the baseball world. While some MLB traditionalists have scoffed, many of the designs have sold out quickly after their unveiling.

With some of the designs more polarizing than others, here's our breakdown of the uniforms that have dropped to date -- and how we rank them.

1. Colorado Rockies
2. Chicago White Sox
3. Miami Marlins
4. Washington Nationals
5. Boston Red Sox
6. Arizona Diamondbacks
7. Houston Astros
8. Los Angeles Angels
9. Milwaukee Brewers
10. San Francisco Giants
11. Kansas City Royals

Debut: April 30, 2022, vs. New York Yankees

Design inspiration: Nike presented the Royals with multiple themes, including barbecue and jazz, and the team went with a theme inspired by the city's fountains and art deco architecture. The navy blue pays homage to the city's baseball past with the Monarchs, Blue Sox, Athletics, Packers and Blues, while the design detailing is a nod to the team's past uniform history.

Fan reception: The uniforms received a mixed reception on social media. Some fans criticized the safe approach to the City Connect design while others praised the team's approach with its fountain-inspired logo.

Verdict: While the Royals created a strong, modern logo, the team fell short in creating a look that differentiated itself from the rest of the team's uniform set by going with safe colors. These uniforms fell short, similar to the Cubs' uniforms, which played things slightly too safe when presented with an opportunity to go bold

12. Chicago Cubs
13. Los Angeles Dodgers

I'm biased, but I personally like KCs over every other City Connect.

Fuck ESPN
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 09:53 AM 06-18-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I'm biased, but I personally like KCs over every other City Connect.

**** ESPN
I agree. The Royal city connect unis were the best. The Rockies are #2. This link is questionable.

Did you read that copy? The Royals played it safe by rolling out blue uniforms, thats the thesis. Guy was hoping for rainbow colors.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:56 PM 06-18-2022

Lorenzo Cain showed up to his first baseball practice in 10th grade wearing a collared shirt, jean shorts and basketball shoes. Then he played 10 years in the Majors, made two All-Star Games, won a Gold Glove and a World Series.

Today, he was DFA’d by the Brewers. pic.twitter.com/HOe5EJuXEc

— Adam McCalvy (@AdamMcCalvy) June 18, 2022

[Reply]
cabletech94 01:11 PM 06-18-2022
Loved LoCain. He was instrumental for our run. I’ll be honest, I haven’t kept up since he’s been gone. Hope he has a place to work in our organization in some capacity.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:38 PM 06-18-2022
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
Loved LoCain. He was instrumental for our run. I’ll be honest, I haven’t kept up since he’s been gone. Hope he has a place to work in our organization in some capacity.
He had a great 2018 and it went down hill
[Reply]
cosmo20002 02:22 PM 06-18-2022
Sad to go out like this with a nutshot.

Cup check for Lorenzo Cain pic.twitter.com/MiINq3hTaw

— Jomboy Media (@JomboyMedia) June 17, 2022

[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:35 PM 06-18-2022
Whit Merrifield is the Royals’ worst every day player

Carlos Santana barely edges out Whit in fWAR, -0.1 to -0.2. The real difference between them comes from bWAR where Santana leads 0.4 to -0.9. You might be tempted to cry foul and point out that Carlos Santana has been hot lately and without that stretch he wouldn’t be better than Whit. However, Whit Merrifield has also had a hot stretch in there. Additionally, WAR is a cumulative stat which means that the player who plays more has a greater opportunity to improve their WAR than one who does not.

Carlos has been getting days off as the Royals prepare to give in to the inevitable and let him go while they continue to send Whit out to do his faux-Iron Man schtick because it’s about all the team can celebrate, right now.

There’s no escaping it at this point; Merrifield’s time as a productive major league player is at an end. He had an atrocious start to the season that all but guaranteed it, but everyone rightfully insisted he wasn’t going to be that bad over a full season. And he did improve. But the improvement stopped and it didn’t get him to where he needs to be. The most damning part is that Nicky Lopez has been seeing less and less playing time of late because of the decline of his offensive performance, despite the fact that everyone admits his defense is still quite good. Merrifield, who again has not had a single day off this season, is carrying a 61 wRC+ to Nicky’s 58. Obviously, neither is good, but one of them is providing high-quality defense and is still relatively young. The other is well on the wrong side of 30 and has shown declining offensive skills for four straight years, now.

What should the Royals do?

While the case for cutting Santana is pretty clear, it’s less clear with Merrifield. He still offers value in terms of both speed and defensive flexibility. He’s always shown a knack for stealing bases that rivaled even that of noted Royals speedster Jarrod Dyson. Keeping him on the team as a pinch-runner and to give guys the occasional day off isn’t a bad plan. But allowing him to play every day while guys like Nick Pratto and Vinnie Pasquantino languish in AAA is just as unconscionable as playing Santana over them. You might think to yourself that Whit plays positions they don’t but so far this season he has started less than half of his games at second base. He’s started more games in the outfield plus a handful of DH games. Nick Pratto can play in the outfield. Both can DH. If Whit is in the outfield that also means Hunter Dozier or MJ Melendez are probably playing the infield or at DH, further precluding opportunities for either player to play at first or to DH themselves.

The Royals need to cut Carlos Santana. They should probably cut Ryan O’Hearn while they’re at it. They don’t need to cut Whit Merrifield, but they do need to play him much less often and Pasquantino and Pratto continue to need to be promoted in order to find out if their AAA success can translate to the big league level or not.

[Reply]
Page 154 of 469
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164204254 > Last »
Up