ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 37
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
keg in kc 10:20 AM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
Is this what the conversation has devolved to?

“But he started it, mom!”
Yeah, pretty much. Politics is now a bunch of 5 year olds screaming at each other.
Baby Lee 10:38 AM 07-19-2019

What alternative would you suggest.

A faction of the left has taken the mantra that the personal is the political.
They reason that you progress politically by politicizing every aspect of life.
If you want to rouse the disconnected, point out the political aspects of the things they are connected with.
Is TV racist?
Is sports sexist?
Is the food you eat bigoted?
Is your footwear exploitative?
Is your air conditioning gendered?
etc. etc.

Smartly, for them. They present it as mere 'food for thought.' But it's intended as rhetoric to be consumed without thinking. Therefore if anyone points out the flaws in the reasoning, the sparks start flying and everyone THEN starts complaining about politicization.
I'm all for autonomy, let people make their own decisions about what is best for them. But if there is an effort to bind personal decisions up in political rhetoric, I'm going to be there with a critical eye.
In those cases, it is eminently relevant 'who started it.' Those who DIDN'T start it, aren't the ones lecturing you on your personal decisions, yet they get painted as the politicizers when they push back on people who are.
Chiefshrink 09:44 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
What alternative would you suggest.

A faction of the left has taken the mantra that the personal is the political.
They reason that you progress politically by politicizing every aspect of life.
If you want to rouse the disconnected, point out the political aspects of the things they are connected with.
Is TV racist?
Is sports sexist?
Is the food you eat bigoted?
Is your footwear exploitative?
Is your air conditioning gendered?
etc. etc.

Smartly, for them. They present it as mere 'food for thought.' But it's intended as rhetoric to be consumed without thinking. Therefore if anyone points out the flaws in the reasoning, the sparks start flying and everyone THEN starts complaining about politicization.
I'm all for autonomy, let people make their own decisions about what is best for them. But if there is an effort to bind personal decisions up in political rhetoric, I'm going to be there with a critical eye.
In those cases, it is eminently relevant 'who started it.' Those who DIDN'T start it, aren't the ones lecturing you on your personal decisions, yet they get painted as the politicizers when they push back on people who are.
:-):-):-):-):-)
patteeu 10:50 AM 07-19-2019

I don’t understand your question or what it has to do with me.
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:52 AM 07-19-2019
:-)

"Or if you do, please make sure your comments lean left as to not offend my delicate sensibilities".

Don't even bother, I'll show MYSELF out.
RetiredSeniorChief 12:06 PM 07-19-2019
"Political" needs to be defined.

Is "God Bless America" a political statement? For example: Tyreek Hill will not be suspended! God Bless America that the principal of due process still exists or else he would have been banished from the NFL solely on the howling and gnashing of teeth by the hyenas in the "woke media".
loochy 12:08 PM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by RetiredSeniorChief:

Is "God Bless America" a political statement? For example: Tyreek Hill will not be suspended! God Bless America that the principal of due process still exists or else he would have been banished from the NFL solely on the howling and gnashing of teeth by the hyenas in the "woke media".
That depends. Is it something that someone wants to bitch about? If so, yes.
ptlyon 12:10 PM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by RetiredSeniorChief:

I think we all know by now that God Bless America isn't political, it's racist.
Bwana 09:37 PM 11-11-2019
I'm bumping this again because there are still a few people that are not connecting the dots. Repeat offenders are going to get dropped into the romper room for an extended visit with Ubeja Vontell. Keep the DC bullshit in DC.
Jewish Rabbi 09:42 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Bwana:
I'm bumping this again because there are still a few people that are not connecting the dots. Repeat offenders are going to get dropped into the romper room for an extended visit with Ubeja Vontell. Keep the DC bullshit in DC.
Can we discuss the Washington Nationals in The Lounge or no
Bwana 09:57 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Can we discuss the Washington Nationals in The Lounge or no
I don't see why not, as long as it doesn't turn into some kind of a political cluster fuck.
scho63 10:35 PM 11-11-2019
That's a fate worse than being banned! :-)
Bwana 07:56 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
That's a fate worse than being banned! :-)
Well it seems like the charitable thing to do. :-) We can't have him sitting around with nothing to do, like the Maytag repair man.
Sorce 08:31 AM 11-12-2019
Well it seems like the charitable thing to do. :-) We can't have him sitting around with nothing to do, like the Maytag repair man.
So basically the romper room is the rancor pit now?
Gravedigger 08:52 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Sorce:
So basically the romper room is the rancor pit now?
More like the Sarlacc.
Page 15 of 37
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up