ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which one do you pick?
Idaho, plus $250,000 annual stipend 24 58.54%
Illinois, plus $332,500 annual stipend 17 41.46%
Gosh, I can't decide. 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mansionmania Tournament: Round 1, Heat 24
Rain Man 01:32 PM 10-25-2021
Mansionmania continues. I'm going to show you the most expensive homes in every state and a few territories, with a few extras thrown in from the largest states to get the tourney up to 64. It'll be a single-elimination tournament.

You will choose among each pair of houses with the following assumptions:

I encourage you to click on the maps in the listings to see the general location and neighborhood.

Also, I will only enter contestants if they have a sufficient number of photos to judge, as determined by me.

Your entries in this heat are:

Idaho:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...0_M17292-25255

Illinois:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...0_M95466-82089
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:13 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
Idaho.

I'll admit it's more rustic than I'd like and it looks more like a place I stayed in Alaska for tourists with all those bunk beds than a home but it has character and that deck is amazing. Absolutely needs some refinement and with that kind of money I'd also be ready for any snow storm with a basement supply storage room, generator, and backup fuel supply.

The only thing that allures me to the Chicago house is the kitchen. I could spend the rest of my days in there sipping vino making new dishes but most of the house is just too sterile for me and lacking personality while promoting arrogance.

To each his own.
Yeah, that's a nice kitchen.

I think another nice thing about the Chicago house is that the master suite is on a separate floor than all of the other bedrooms. That's nice for guests, but it's also nice for my lifestyle. My wife and I have very different sleep schedules, so it's nice if the one who's awake and active is on a different floor than the one who's asleep.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:16 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I was curious what your choice would on this. What's that Chicago neighborhood like?
Its pretty great. Its this pocket in the city that's a 100% walkable but the streets are quiet enough that it feels like high end residential and not like you're smack dab in the middle of a major city.

Think a less dense, b-side version of NY's upper east side.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:29 PM 10-25-2021
If I thought about it I could think of a worse location for a multi million dollar mansion than the Chicago house but it would take some time. Idaho is the choice here even though the interior is not what I was hoping for. That lakeside cabin look is great for a smaller space but they just went with it too much.
[Reply]
stumppy 02:32 PM 10-25-2021
I don't care for either place. Always hated living in wall to wall city. I'd go with Idaho just to not live in a huge city again.
[Reply]
EPodolak 02:37 PM 10-25-2021
I'd rather be in Chicago than Philly, but it's pretty far down my livable list of the biggest cities. It's such a great home though IMO, and that extreme frontier crib in ID doesn't vibe for me. Beautiful spot, imagine a lot of people would prefer it. Choice is a bummer.
[Reply]
Otter 03:00 PM 10-25-2021
This is what does it for me. If I have to explain...

VS

No I don't understand the water thing either.
[Reply]
MagicHef 03:05 PM 10-25-2021
I think the Idaho house has a nice pool, but it's like they went out of their way to not show it very well.
[Reply]
Hoover 03:20 PM 10-25-2021
Idaho! Don't even need to look at Illinois.

No desire to live there.

Idaho is perfect. Great to host people, fleet of jet skis, boats, tractor, dump truck, I'm sold!
[Reply]
Renegade 03:29 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Idaho! Don't even need to look at Illinois.

No desire to live there.

Idaho is perfect. Great to host people, fleet of jet skis, boats, tractor, dump truck, I'm sold!
Since the Jet skis aren't parked in the "garage", do they come with the property?
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:30 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I think the Idaho house has a nice pool, but it's like they went out of their way to not show it very well.
I actually had to go back and look for it once I saw the not in the description. You wouldn't know it from the pictures.

Of course, Chicago doesn't have a pool, so that's not good. You'd think there'd be an indoor one in the basement or something.
[Reply]
eDave 03:32 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
This is what does it for me. If I have to explain...

No I don't understand the water thing either.
What I've found about water is that you eventually don't even see it anymore.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 03:44 PM 10-25-2021
I normally don’t have a strong opinion these, but Idaho all the way. The surroundings are just stunning and the house may keep my interest for life anyway.
[Reply]
Otter 03:51 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
What I've found about water is that you eventually don't even see it anymore.
Fishing, swimming, fly fishing, laying out on the tube catching a tan, kayaking...

There's been times over the summers I haven't showered for weeks (from being in the water so much) and looked like I just returned from the Caribbean while living in PA.

I was glorious. But as said; to each his own.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:02 PM 10-25-2021
Both these houses need to fire their interior designer.

Idaho on the first few pictures then I was like WTF? Chicago it is. Then some of those choices, office included, are pretty bad.

Both places I’m going to have to use the proceeds from the sale of my house to refinish the interiors so it’s Idaho.

And please, morherfuckers, don’t hang tack on the wall. It is cringier than about anything you can put up there.

Or maybe I’m missing the boat. Maybe I just need a category 4 hitch, a hydraulic cylinder and some parallel linkages and hang that shit on the wall. Ya fucks.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:34 PM 10-25-2021
Walked within a block of the Chicago house about 6 weeks ago.... absolutely love that neighborhood and the area. I've stayed at Hotel Lincoln just north of there and across the street from the park.

As KCU said, those neighborhoods are quiet and very walkable... and you have a gigantic park to the north and along the shore of Lake Michigan.

It's pretty damn awesome, actually.

And it makes me sad that it's going up against 43 acres in the Pacific Northwest... I was trying to nitpick stuff on that house just so I could vote Chicago, which should tell me something. :-) The pics probably don't do it justice, as it looks cramped for such a large house, and I didn't understand why it had 7 bathrooms until seeing the 15 bunks downstairs.

Bye-daho, could be the only one I choose that's in the middle of a city and you don't get like 20 acres around you. <3
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up