ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>4 Straight Super Bowls
Buehler445 12:17 PM 10-25-2021
I made a post about it in the Magic thread, but since the meltdown is still happening through Monday, maybe it deserves it's own thread.

Stole this little tidbit from the Simmons Podcast.

Here's the teams that went to 4 straight Super Bowls.

Spoiler!

Not the Cowbitches decade of dominance.
Not the Steel Curtain shitfaces.
Not the Cheatriot fuckbags.
Not the hog-era Skins teams.
Not those Walsh 9ers teams.

What we're trying to do is hard. And this is why it's hard. Injuries, Age, Complacency, Stale Messages, it's hard man.

I'm as pissed at anybody for wasting a Prime year of Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce, but sometimes some perspective is needed. I admit that in the thick of it it's hard to see the forest through the trees, and goddamn it, on paper it should be better. The same dudes aren't performing like they did before.

But as they say this is why they play the games.

It sucks, but what we're trying to do is hard. Really hard.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:55 PM 10-25-2021
They're just not fighting for their right to Lombardi
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 02:15 PM 10-25-2021

[Reply]
Jerm 02:25 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Fuck off. I'm counting that Dee Ford penalty as making it.

They fucking beat the fucking Cheatriot Fuckbags, and then Dee Ford lined up offsides.
I mean there was still an OT to play where they RAMMED IT RIGHT DOWN OUR THROATS because Andy wanted to keep Bob Sutton around….
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:26 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
So we're just going to make excuses? These guys are highly trained athletes, they just have to want to do it.
Actually I think the point is that's its NOT that simple or else every team would be in the SB every year.

Surely you don't think this an issue with not wanting to do it.

Going to 2 straight SB's made making a 3rd one even more daunting from a mere statistical standpoint.

The Bills 4 straight SB's is really incredible though they never won one.
[Reply]
notorious 02:27 PM 10-25-2021
I’d settle for 3 straight quarters of competent football.
[Reply]
Bugeater 02:36 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Actually I think the point is that's its NOT that simple or else every team would be in the SB every year.

Surely you don't think this an issue with not wanting to do it.

Going to 2 straight SB's made making a 3rd one even more daunting from a mere statistical standpoint.

The Bills 4 straight SB's is really incredible though they never won one.
I guess I should have been a little more over the top with that post because I was trying to be absurd. As a Chiefs fan, I never thought I see us getting to even one, let alone winning it. And as a Nebraska fan, I learned in the 90s that the second time just isn't anywhere as sweet as the first one. And any more after that I'd be afraid we'd all become raging douchebags like Patriots fans.

I'm good.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:52 PM 10-25-2021
I made a post about it in the Magic thread, but since the meltdown is still happening through Monday, maybe it deserves it's own thread.

Spoiler!

What we're trying to do is hard. And this is why it's hard. Injuries, Age, Complacency, Stale Messages, it's hard man.

I'm as pissed at anybody for wasting a Prime year of Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce, but sometimes some perspective is needed. I admit that in the thick of it it's hard to see the forest through the trees, and goddamn it, on paper it should be better. The same dudes aren't performing like they did before.

On top of that, while Buffalo made 4 straight, they were only competitive in one of them.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:58 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I guess I should have been a little more over the top with that post because I was trying to be absurd. As a Chiefs fan, I never thought I see us getting to even one, let alone winning it. And as a Nebraska fan, I learned in the 90s that the second time just isn't anywhere as sweet as the first one. And any more after that I'd be afraid we'd all become raging douchebags like Patriots fans.

I'm good.
Damn sorry my sarcasm meter is probably broken from yesterdays game and arguing with Donger's dumb ass today.
[Reply]
carcosa 03:05 PM 10-25-2021
Fuck off. I'm counting that Dee Ford penalty as making it.

They fucking beat the fucking Cheatriot Fuckbags, and then Dee Ford lined up offsides.
YES KING GO OFF!!!!!!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:22 PM 10-25-2021
That loss yesterday just means we'll be 13-4 . We're going to our 5th straight Superbowl this year!
[Reply]
FlaChief58 03:25 PM 10-25-2021

Spoiler!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, the record is safe
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:27 PM 10-25-2021
So three teams have been to three straight SBs:

Dolphins (1971-1973)
Patriots (2016-2018)
Bills (1990-1993)

Still a very high standard for a team coming off a complete OL rebuild.
[Reply]
notorious 03:27 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
That loss yesterday just means we'll be 13-4 . We're going to our 5th straight Superbowl this year!
Considering how many posters drink themselves to seeing double, we will be going to our sixth in a row this season!
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 04:10 PM 10-25-2021
After last SB loss, I dared to hope that we would be back in it for a 3rd, even though that is very very hard to do. My hopes have dwindled on that, though I'm not saying it's impossible. But DAMN...some shit needs to change and fast. It's not just about barley getting into the playoffs, it's about belonging there because you play damn good football down the stretch. We've got time, but it's looking way more bleak than I would have anticipated. I was expecting 12 wins minimum. Still possible. But not bloody likely the way things look now.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:15 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
4 straight super bowls? Aren't you getting ahead of yourself? Maybe worry about 3 first.

Exactly

We haven’t been to 3 in a row yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up