ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>4 Straight Super Bowls
Buehler445 12:17 PM 10-25-2021
I made a post about it in the Magic thread, but since the meltdown is still happening through Monday, maybe it deserves it's own thread.

Stole this little tidbit from the Simmons Podcast.

Here's the teams that went to 4 straight Super Bowls.

Spoiler!

Not the Cowbitches decade of dominance.
Not the Steel Curtain shitfaces.
Not the Cheatriot fuckbags.
Not the hog-era Skins teams.
Not those Walsh 9ers teams.

What we're trying to do is hard. And this is why it's hard. Injuries, Age, Complacency, Stale Messages, it's hard man.

I'm as pissed at anybody for wasting a Prime year of Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce, but sometimes some perspective is needed. I admit that in the thick of it it's hard to see the forest through the trees, and goddamn it, on paper it should be better. The same dudes aren't performing like they did before.

But as they say this is why they play the games.

It sucks, but what we're trying to do is hard. Really hard.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 12:19 PM 10-25-2021
Man, I'm just worried about making three in a row and here some of you are looking at FOUR.
[Reply]
loochy 12:20 PM 10-25-2021
4 straight super bowls? Aren't you getting ahead of yourself? Maybe worry about 3 first.
[Reply]
crispystl 12:20 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I made a post about it in the Magic thread, but since the meltdown is still happening through Monday, maybe it deserves it's own thread.

Spoiler!

Not the Cheatriot ****bags.

What we're trying to do is hard. And this is why it's hard. Injuries, Age, Complacency, Stale Messages, it's hard man.

I'm as pissed at anybody for wasting a Prime year of Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce, but sometimes some perspective is needed. I admit that in the thick of it it's hard to see the forest through the trees, and goddamn it, on paper it should be better. The same dudes aren't performing like they did before.

We've only made it to two though....
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:21 PM 10-25-2021
Same applies to three straight.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:22 PM 10-25-2021
Fuck off. I'm counting that Dee Ford penalty as making it.

They fucking beat the fucking Cheatriot Fuckbags, and then Dee Ford lined up offsides.
[Reply]
loochy 12:23 PM 10-25-2021
What we're trying to do is hard. No team has ever been to 15 straight super bowls.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:25 PM 10-25-2021
Fuck off. I'm counting that Dee Ford penalty as making it.

They fucking beat the fucking Cheatriot Fuckbags, and then Dee Ford lined up offsides.
i get you bro

i'll be personally satisfied if this team just gets to the playoffs, wins a game and doesn't embarrass itself in a loss

we are a lot like the 49ers teams after they won two Super Bowls...it took them three years to get back
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:28 PM 10-25-2021
Fucking Simmons, I should have listened closer and qualified it better. :-)

Bottom line it is hard to play as well as we have for as long as we have.

I'm sure other teams fanbases were staring at their teams wheels falling off, going WTF mate?"
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 12:31 PM 10-25-2021
The focus is clearly on beating NFC teams. The method can not be seen for the madness.
[Reply]
loochy 12:33 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
The focus is clearly on beating NFC teams. The method can not be seen for the madness.

That's they key to winning a super bowl for sure
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:34 PM 10-25-2021

Spoiler!

Not the Cheatriot fuckbags.

'Straight SBs' is pretty narrow, most of those interruptions between SBs for prior 'dynasties' were still division titles and losses in the conference championship, . . . not many of them went to a SB or two, fielded the worst defense in league history and missed the playoffs, then went back to the SB 'after a breather season.'
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:35 PM 10-25-2021
Michael Jordan never went to 4 straight NBA Finals either.
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:49 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
What we're trying to do is hard. No team has ever been to 15 straight super bowls.
So we're just going to make excuses? These guys are highly trained athletes, they just have to want to do it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:52 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Michael Jordan never went to 4 straight NBA Finals either.
Yeah, and after 3 years that dude QUIT THE GAME.

Because it's a hell of a thing to perform at that level for 3 years.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up