ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ben Neimann played more snaps than Willie Gay yesterday
-King- 11:45 AM 10-25-2021
Just more Spags things..

#Chiefs snap counts vs the Titans pic.twitter.com/pFV3PQsSSS

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) October 25, 2021

Also glad we managed to fit in 8 snaps for Gordon. I know with such a great and talented WR group it's hard to get guys snaps after they've been here a month.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:23 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Wow. Thornhill had 96% of defensive snaps.

I'm not saying the Chiefs coaches care what the media thinks, but it's a little odd to me that Sorensen was playing buttloads of snaps over Thornhill (not to mention was starting), and it wasn't until an article came out that specifically said, "Bench Sorensen" and just two weeks later, Thornhill is in on 96% of snaps.

Could be coincidental that the Chiefs' breaking point with Sorensen's shit was around the same time. Could also be coincidental that they determined Thornhill to be ready for full-time duty at 100% at around the same time. Or.... there was pressure from OTHER places within the franchise, which includes other aspects of the coaching staff, front office, and all the way up to Clark Hunt himself.
OR....he failed so miserably Sorenson's poor play could no longer be excused and was no longer tolerable.

That's the most likely answer.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:33 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Team scored 3 points. Could've had peak Derrick Thomas in at linebacker and we'd have still lost.
WHOA! Let's not go insane here. DT against that 3rd string LT would have won the game.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:38 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Either Gay is still hurt, which is disconcerting, or the coaches prefer Niemann, which is even worse.
It's turf toe. Of course he's still hurt. He's going to be hurt all year and the team's going to have to manage his snaps.

It sucks, but it is what it is.

For all the disdain over Hitchens, we're gonna see more Niemann until Hitchens gets back.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:39 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
OR....he failed so miserably Sorenson's poor play could no longer be excused and was no longer tolerable.

That's the most likely answer.
He was publicly vivisected during prime time.

I feel like they knew what was likely happening but seeing that kind of immolation during national broadcast ended the debate.
[Reply]
wachashi 12:45 PM 10-25-2021
Neimann gets washed out on screen passes. He gets washed out on runs. When does have the ability to make a tackle, he often misses them. He has no playmaking ability in coverage. And on top of all of that, we've seen him just flat-out blow coverages that lead to touchdowns this year. Seriously, what is his strength? He knows how to blitz, I guess? I cannot understand how this position hasn't been addressed and how he keeps seeing so many snaps.
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:50 PM 10-25-2021
Alfred E Neimann is the linebacker equivalent to Slappy Pistachio at Strong Safety...
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:52 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Alfred E Neimann had the only sack yesterday. Think about that if you're not already freaking depressed enough...
And Gay had the only turnover. Touch choices!

from Imgflip Meme Generator

[Reply]
oldman 12:57 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Considering Gay is recovering from turf toe, it should be expected that he'd see limited snaps in comparison.

Dude was starting all through TC. Quit acting like the Chiefs all of a sudden don't want him out there, and remember that the dude is going through an injury that he'll likely have offseason surgery to repair.

Expect to see him on a limited snap basis all year. Might as well get it out of your system now.
So Neimann had a whole 4 more snaps than Gay. Neimann also had 3 tackles, 1 assist and a sack to Gay's 2 assists and INT. Yeah, that's the problem when you get your ass handed to you 27-3. It wasn't LB pllay that killed us yesterday.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:19 PM 10-25-2021
I noticed one play on offense in the third quarter where Tyreek and Kelce and Robinson and (I think) Darrel all came out. We were in a spread formation and I was curious who was on the field.

I think it was Pringle and Noah Gray and Josh Gordon and McKinnnon and someone else I didn't catch (Hardman?). But I thought it was odd that we had a formation where all of our first-string skill players other than Mahomes came out of the game.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:52 PM 10-25-2021
How come Niemann hasn’t added any muscle to his frame in all these years. Dude is weak as fuck!

Doyouevenlift?!?!
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:06 PM 10-25-2021
The fact that Ben plays for this team tells you everything you need to know. That guy wouldn't be anything more then 4th string practice player on other rosters.
[Reply]
Sofa King 03:25 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
How come Niemann hasn’t added any muscle to his frame in all these years. Dude is weak as ****!

Doyouevenlift?!?!
Honestly, I think of this every time I see him too.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 03:25 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
Niemann is infuriatingly weak, and gets washed out of plays by RBs and TEs.

Total suckass, punkass bitch.
are you 12?
[Reply]
stevieray 04:11 PM 10-25-2021
white boy scapegoat.....

Film @ 11.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:28 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
WHOA! Let's not go insane here. DT against that 3rd string LT would have won the game.

He would have wore that guy out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up