ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes decline.....
synthesis2 07:48 AM 10-25-2021
I know I'll get picked to pieces on this but just some thoughts on the past few years..

Year 1 for Mahomes starting: Guy is unreal, plays fancy free without a care in the world. Throws over 5000 yards and on 3rd and short he is dropping back throwing 50 plus yard passes. Sets the NFL on fire and with the WORST defense in modern football history we make it to the AFC championship game and besides Dee Ford we win the superbowl. He plays loose even with a historically bad D we do just fine because for that one year we have perhaps one of the best years EVER by any quarterback that has ever played any year. I get he may not be first but a top 5 all time year.

Year 2 you see him get a bit more conservative and not throwing it around as much as he does year 1 but still looks like 90% of year one. He did cut down on turnovers which was good but still not quite as good overall as year 1. The defense takes a step up and plays decent. Even 90% Mahomes (of year 1) with a decent defense we win the superbowl. early signs that year was he was starting to become too conservative.

Year 3 Now we are seeing him dump the ball off all the time and not taking nearly as many shots as he did year 1 ( seemed to be cut by 60% or more) We have games that year that are way to close for comfort ( falcons game as one example) and we don't cover the spread in most games ( not that it matters but means we are just squeaking things out. One of the only games that season where Mahomes looks anything like year 1 was the Buffalo game in the playoffs and he looked like he was playing fancy free like year 1. Then in the superbowl ( I get our O line vs our D line) but he started dropping his eye quickly and not being the old Patrick we know. Like the pressure was just too much for him. But you could tell that the entire year he was off compared with year 1 and year 2.

Year 4 Look I love what he has done for us as a fan base and I'll never forget it but something is way off with Mahomes. He is starting to look like Alex Smith, he isn't keeping his eyes down the field anymore, he looks jittery, he looks shaken, etc etc. He looks like a AVERAGE QB in football. I know you can make the argument that "look at his yards" or "look at his TD's" but I could also argue "look at his turnovers" but its more of a eye test.
He does not look ANYTHING like the year 1 and year 2 QB, he just looks average. Its like his field vision and decision making has completely gone. I think at best we win 9 games but 8 games is probably realistic.

*excuses* People say he is pressing because our defense is so bad but in year 1 our defense we historically awful as well. Even with a bad defense we should of won the superbowl and it was our best team ( because of how he played) Good or bad defense if Mahomes played like he did year 1 we win virtually every game.

Teams are playing us differently, worst excuse ever, look at the QB's that EVERYONE knows throws bombs so teams play them deep like they do the chiefs..... Guess what? they continue to throw the ball deep and continue to win. Examples the Raiders, they throw deep , everyone knows it and they play it that way but they still throw deep all the time and still make the throws. Tom Brady everyone knows throws deep and he continues to and it works. Its like using that as a excuse makes it ok. Just go back to how you were in his first year, throw it around and have fun. This isn't working.

Bottom line is our team isn't great but we have enough players on offense that we can be historically great again but it all hinges on Mahomes. If he gets back to playing like he did then we are fine but if he continues to play average this team is a .500 team at best. Mahomes is the great deodorant in the NFL. but thinking of madden its like Year 1 he was a 100, year 2 he was a 95, year 3 a 85 and now he is a 75. If we now have a average QB then we are cooked boys.

Something is wrong, its one or all of these but its the money, new child, wife, crazy brother or other things but he isn't remotely the same player he once was. No matter how bad our defense plays if we get fancy free Mahomes then we win if we continue to get this version of mahomes then its over...

We have lots of problems and I get we need better or new coaches, we need better players, we need better schemes but at the end of the day we need a better Mahomes.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:39 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Priest31kc:
Such a weird season

Take out this years teams I'm not sure if any of those teams actually won the SB. Wait, Chiefs in 2019 at #16? Is that it?

So with those results do you know what those stats mean in the real?

Nothing.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:45 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Robinson played the most snaps of the WRs.

I don’t even know what to say about that.
Yeah fuck that.

I joked about Gordon being Benjamin part deux, but I don't know what they're doing here with Gordon. Give him Robinson's snaps and move Robinson back to special teams where he excels.
[Reply]
Priest31kc 09:45 AM 10-25-2021

Patrick Mahomes/Chiefs in his last 13 games, including playoffs

PFF Grade: 79.3 (16th)
Passer rating: 93.8 (13th)
Yards/Att: 7.5 (13th)
Chiefs EPA: 10th
Chiefs passing EPA: 8th

— Steve Palazzolo (@PFF_Steve) October 25, 2021

[Reply]
Priest31kc 09:47 AM 10-25-2021

Mahomes:
In 2018-2019, he was elite in all 6 stable metrics and 4 of the 5 unstable metrics.

In 2020 things started slipping as he ranked elite in just 2 of the 6 stable metrics but still held strong in 4 of the 5 unstable metrics.

In 2021, he isn't elite in a single metric.

— John Kosko (@JohnKosko3) October 25, 2021

[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:55 AM 10-25-2021
The play calling and scheme is complete dogshit this year.

Where are reverses? Where are the screens? Where are the quick hitters? Where is the creativity? Where is the innovation?

We don't look like we have any sort of plan out there. And I'm beginning to think that's because we genuinely don't.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 10:01 AM 10-25-2021
Most coaches have a short shelf life with any one franchise. Reid has been in KC for 8 years. As much as I like him, he needs to change his way of doing things (which he won't) or move on.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:01 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
The play calling and scheme is complete dogshit this year.

Where are reverses? Where are the screens? Where are the quick hitters? Where is the creativity? Where is the innovation?

We don't look like we have any sort of plan out there. And I'm beginning to think that's because we genuinely don't.
Exactly. The offensive plays being called do not match the previous three years.

Is Andy still calling plays or did he hand it over to Bienemy?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:06 AM 10-25-2021
Chiefs ran both a reverse and a screen in the last game. What are you even talking about?

Creativity? Two weeks ago they put Kelce AND Hill under center before a snap.

None of that stuff has gone away. They just didn't execute yesterday. A bump in the road for what was an elite offense previously this year.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:06 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Exactly. The offensive plays being called do not match the previous three years.

Is Andy still calling plays or did he hand it over to Bienemy?
It's bizarre because it seems like the coaching staff wants Mahomes to stay in structure.

The problem is there is no fucking structure. It's no wonder he looks so confused and unsure of himself this year.

Coaching has let this offense down big time.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:07 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Chiefs ran both a reverse and a screen in the last game. What are you even talking about?
One of each. Big fucking whoop.

We used to run motion on almost every single play. We used to get Reek on the edge several times a game.

We would run inside screens to Kelce.

There's none of that this year. Just unorganized nonsense.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 10:07 AM 10-25-2021
The baby is keeping him up all night...he's only getting 2-3 hours of sleep each night? (JK)

:-)
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:09 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by GoForIt:
Mahomes is not patient enough to play the short game. Neither is Reid with Mahomes as his QB. The offense was more diverse with Hunt. It has been the Mahomes show for the last 2+ seasons. The 2 deep safeties and 4 men across forces patience and running. The issue is the D is so bad, there is no time for patience.
He literally played the short game to get us to the playoffs in 2019.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:10 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
One of each. Big fucking whoop.

We used to run motion on almost every single play. We used to get Reek on the edge several times a game.

We would run inside screens to Kelce.

There's none of that this year. Just unorganized nonsense.
There's still a ton of motion in this offense. And they've been an elite offense this year, before yesterday.

Yeah, you're overreacting here. To one bad game from the offense.

It's still an elite offense. And they will show up next week.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:10 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Creativity? Two weeks ago they put Kelce AND Hill under center before a snap.

None of that stuff has gone away. They just didn't execute yesterday. A bump in the road for what was an elite offense previously this year.
And I'm sorry. We are nowhere near an elite offense.

I could give a shit how many yards we've picked up or how many third downs we've converted.

You can't turn the ball over at the rate we do and call yourself an elite offense.

The narrative that we just need to cut out the turnovers and we'll be fine needs to stop. There's a large enough sample size now. This is just who we are.
[Reply]
TLO 10:11 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Priest31kc:
WTF does this even mean?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up