ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Is the magic gone with this co as coaching staff?
Yes, it's dead 55 61.11%
No, just need to rebuild a little. Coaches are still good. 35 38.89%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Are we still a well coached team or is the magic gone?
Red Dawg 01:00 PM 10-24-2021
Seems like it's gone as well as the players. We have let too many players go that were not big money jit played hard and well just to give big money out and get screwed over by it.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:29 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
Andy needs a Jim Johnson to maintain success.

We had a pretty good run because we caught the league by storm and it legit took that long to figure it out. Now we can't/won't adjust, and the D is an abortion with Spags not having anything that resembles a pass rush. If Spags can't blitz, Spags gets killed. And right now, he can't blitz.

So Andy needs a defensive mastermind like he had with Jim Johnson. But sadly, he'll hang onto Spags like he did with Buttons until he is forced to do something.
This offense is plenty good enough to win with a good enough defense. What we can't stand for is being horrendous on D. Not sure anyone can.
[Reply]
fan4ever 11:31 AM 10-25-2021
Andy needs a Jim Johnson to maintain success.

We had a pretty good run because we caught the league by storm and it legit took that long to figure it out. Now we can't/won't adjust, and the D is an abortion with Spags not having anything that resembles a pass rush. If Spags can't blitz, Spags gets killed. And right now, he can't blitz.

So Andy needs a defensive mastermind like he had with Jim Johnson. But sadly, he'll hang onto Spags like he did with Buttons until he is forced to do something.
I'm seeing a minimum of another season after this one with Spags.
[Reply]
tatorhog 11:32 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
This offense is plenty good enough to win with a good enough defense. What we can't stand for is being horrendous on D. Not sure anyone can.
I agree we have talent on offense. But they aren't getting anything done. There isn't any adjustment. For all the "gigabytes" on the sidelines, how are they this bad at finding the weakness of the defense?

But back to my point, I'm in totally agreement on the D. it just flat out sucks.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:33 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Andy Reid is excellent at creating mismatches and scheming to put his guys in advantageous positions, maybe the best ever at it, but he has real issues that we are all aware of, namely discipline and time management.

This is not a disciplined football team. It doesn't play like a team who feels they will be accountable for their mistakes. If guys like Frank Clark are laughing when down 24 to drop to 3-4, then there is a serious problem with the culture of the locker room, because that level of failure is not acceptable to any professional. The inability to instill that discipline falls squarely on the shoulders of Andy Reid. He's a great coach to have when everything is humming, because he's not busting balls over inconsequential things, but I also highly doubt that anyone is receiving appropriate levels of criticism for their play.

Belichick was famous for telling Tom fucking Brady that QBs at Foxboro High could make certain throws when reviewing tape. Does this look like a team that is being called to task for their failures? If the guys on the team aren't being held accountable for their failures, and if the team isn't bringing in guys that will help police that internally, then you end up with jagoffs like Frank Clark cashing checks and Mike Hughes stopping before he hits the RB on a run fit because he doesn't want to take the punishment.
I agree, largely. I will say this isn't a terribly sloppy team. A Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards type of undisciplined team couldn't run a single shift without a penalty. This team isn't that kind of undisciplined.

But yeah, there needs to be a bit of shape up or ship out in this team, and it isn't there.

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Andy Reid was scheming guys into space when he had Donnie Avery and Sean McGrath out there.

And the Cover 2 shell concept has fallen out of favor in the NFL because it's actually pretty easy to dissect.

No, Andy Reid has not forgotten how to pick apart a defense that he was picking apart 20 years ago. There's no lack of 'counter-strategies'. And it's not a failure of talent because Reid has gotten far greater production from far lesser talents.

This is an issue of motivation. Week after week these guys walk out there thinking the game is won before kickoff and teams punch them in the mouth. Then they start to press and panic and make mistakes because they just haven't faced much adversity.

We saw the beginnings of this malaise last season when they kinda sleep-walked through games and turned it on late for the W. They're not able to do that now. Some of it's bad luck, but some of it's just bad focus.

The 53 man roster needs to take a cold, sobering look at themselves and ask themselves how hard they're really trying out there? Not just on Sundays, but at practice. In the filmroom. In the weight room. Have they put in the kind of dedication they needed to put in to be great? Patrick needs to ask himself what he needs to do differently to engage them. Andy needs to ask how to re-capture their attention.

There is MORE than enough talent and more than enough intelligence to weather this storm and get through it. I just question if there's enough drive at this point.

When you see Bolton go out there and play at 100% and he sticks out like a sore thumb, you see the difference. Hell, you can see Byron Pringle playing with a different energy level than Tyreek Hill. There are some guys who just aren't bringing it on every play. There is no cause at all for guys failing to get open against the worst secondary in the NFL yesterday. They just didn't come to play. Again.

And yeah, that falls on Andy to motivate them. But these are grown ass men and professional football players - they bear some responsibility for that as well.
Great post.

I'm not smart enough to determine if scheme is a problem or not, but I think certainly after yesterday's game effort is a problem.

Simmons talked about the Chiefs a good bit on last night's pod. I'm stealing this from him. There is only 1 team that went to 4 straight super Bowls. It's the 90's Bills. End.

Not the Cowbitches decade of dominance.
Not the Steel Curtain shitfaces.
Not the Cheatriot fuckbags.
Not the hog-era Skins teams.
Not those Walsh 9ers teams.

90s Bills. End. And that was in an era where the AFC was hot garbage.

What we're trying to do is hard. And this is why it's hard. Injuries, complacency, stale messages. It's hard, even with the best QB that's ever done it.
[Reply]
tatorhog 11:33 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
I'm seeing a minimum of another season after this one with Spags.
Yup. Flat tires don't do it for Andy. The wheel has to fall clear off for a change to be made.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 11:41 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I agree, largely. I will say this isn't a terribly sloppy team. A Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards type of undisciplined team couldn't run a single shift without a penalty. This team isn't that kind of undisciplined.

But yeah, there needs to be a bit of shape up or ship out in this team, and it isn't there.

Great post.

I'm not smart enough to determine if scheme is a problem or not, but I think certainly after yesterday's game effort is a problem.

Simmons talked about the Chiefs a good bit on last night's pod. I'm stealing this from him. There is only 1 team that went to 4 straight super Bowls. It's the 90's Bills. End.

Not the Cowbitches decade of dominance.
Not the Steel Curtain shitfaces.
Not the Cheatriot ****bags.
Not the hog-era Skins teams.
Not those Walsh 9ers teams.

90s Bills. End. And that was in an era where the AFC was hot garbage.

What we're trying to do is hard. And this is why it's hard. Injuries, complacency, stale messages. It's hard, even with the best QB that's ever done it.
Great points - and the way the cheatriots kept momentum (outside of a weak AFC East) was:

- good to very good o-line
- good to very good defense
- knowing when to cut bait from players versus paying big money
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 11:47 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
:-)

Seven weeks into a season with mostly the same core of players and coaches that have been together for the past three years, going to two Super Bowls and winning one still searching for their identify?

That is a pathetic reality if true.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:48 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Seven weeks into a season with mostly the same core of players and coaches that have been together for the past three years, going to two Super Bowls and winning one still searching for their identify?

No shit.

What have they been doing for the last three months?
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:57 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

Well to be fair that’s kind of a dumb question.

What’s Reid supposed to say? A soft ass bitch team that gets shitkicked every week?

There is what they think their identity needs to be and then what it is right now. Neither is a suitable answer to the question.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:03 PM 10-25-2021
Andy is being a stubborn old ass. The strength of the OL is run blocking but he refuses to run the ball much. That's should be the identity instead of the we don't know BS. Him constantly sticking Mahomes out there to wing it everywhere with poor pass blocking is stupid. The defense has no strong point so I would blitz like hell and at least pressure the QB the best I could all the damn time. Your front 4 are not going to pressure the QB so why not go for broke.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:14 PM 10-25-2021
On top of everything else already posted here, it doesn't help that since 2019, the front office hasn't done nearly enough to maintain the team, let alone improve it. Attempts have been made to address weaknesses, and they've mostly whiffed. Especially on defense. Yeah, Clark and Jones are lazy, entitled pieces of shit, but there were signs that neither player was worth a nine-figure contract. That's on Veach. As much as I like him, he's still learning on the job. He deserves a little more slack than coaches who have been at it for 30 years.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:15 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
This is the last year Reid was in Philly all over again.
That Eagles team lost eight straight. I don't think this team is that team.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:00 PM 10-25-2021
I agree we have talent on offense. But they aren't getting anything done. There isn't any adjustment. For all the "gigabytes" on the sidelines, how are they this bad at finding the weakness of the defense?

But back to my point, I'm in totally agreement on the D. it just flat out sucks.
I think reids mind is somewhere else. If it lingers like it did in Philly where it weighed him down for a few years, we may be in trouble. I like to think he has a way better relationship with kc where it won't regress to that.

The second piece is bieniemy. Love the guy, but he's not the guy who should be leading the innovation charge. Kafka needs to be promoted and we need a hungry qbs coach who can bring new ideas. Hell, Andy should hire another version of Childress to get people energized by ideas again. I don't see Matt Nagy getting another Hc or even OC gig. Maybe he's an interesting option.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:12 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I think reids mind is somewhere else. If it lingers like it did in Philly where it weighed him down for a few years, we may be in trouble. I like to think he has a way better relationship with kc where it won't regress to that.

The second piece is bieniemy. Love the guy, but he's not the guy who should be leading the innovation charge. Kafka needs to be promoted and we need a hungry qbs coach who can bring new ideas. Hell, Andy should hire another version of Childress to get people energized by ideas again. I don't see Matt Nagy getting another Hc or even OC gig. Maybe he's an interesting option.
Why on earth does Kafka need promoted?

I think you can lay plenty of blame at his feet as well for this debacle.

It'd just be more of the same, stale message...this team needs new voices.
[Reply]
notorious 01:14 PM 10-25-2021
This team is less talented than any team we’ve had for 5 years.

Mix that with turnovers and you have a 3-4 team.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up