ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 17
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Trade deadline additions
O.city 09:59 AM 10-18-2021
I don't think they should or will throw any high picks out but looking around the league, who do you guys think they could add that would help?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:55 PM 10-24-2021
This team should be selling non-core players at this point.
[Reply]
TEX 03:55 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Mulliganman:
God no. The team doesn’t have that many picks to begin with and isn’t one player away….
Exactly. Season is basically over. Just ride as is.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:00 PM 10-24-2021
God no. The team doesn’t have that many picks to begin with and isn’t one player away….
So you're waving the white flag on this season in week 7?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:02 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Exactly. Season is basically over. Just ride as is.
Tampa were 7-5 last season. We were 6-4 the year before after losing to the Titans ironically. Did you give up then too?
[Reply]
ljmhawk 04:04 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Tampa were 7-5 last season. We were 6-4 the year before after losing to the Titans ironically. Did you give up then too?
but we weren’t getting beat 27-3
[Reply]
Mulliganman 04:12 PM 10-24-2021
So you're waving the white flag on this season in week 7?
You think you’ve seen anything through 7 weeks that suggests we’re 1 player away from making a deep run? I’d be thrilled to be wrong but we’re almost half a season in now and seeing the same garbage over and over. Brown is a disaster at LT, we need a three down back that has good vision and can hit the holes quickly that teams have to respect, the DL can’t get any pressure (Clark, Reed, Jones all suck ass right now) not to mention most of the defense is in bad need of an infusion of talent, and I don’t think Mahomes trusts his OL, etc.

Sometimes it just isn’t your year and giving away additional draft capital at this point would be short sided IMO.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:12 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
A loss is a loss..we lost by a single point to the Ravens..it makes no difference imo. The objective is getting into the playoffs..then everything starts again.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:14 PM 10-24-2021
A loss is a loss..we lost by a single point to the Ravens..it's makes no difference imo. The objective is getting into the playoffs..then everything starts again.
god, I hope not. Watching this disaster once through will be bad enough.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:18 PM 10-24-2021
You think you’ve seen anything through 7 weeks that suggests we’re 1 player away from making a deep run? I’d be thrilled to be wrong but we’re almost half a season in now and seeing the same garbage over and over. Brown is a disaster at LT, we need a three down back that has good vision and can hit the holes quickly that teams have to respect, the DL can’t get any pressure (Clark, Reed, Jones all suck ass right now) not to mention most of the defense is in bad need of an infusion of talent, and I don’t think Mahomes trusts his OL, etc.

Sometimes it just isn’t your year and giving away additional draft capital at this point would be short sided IMO.
The offense has been great most of the season. The defense has had key players missing all year and the o-line has blown hot and cold (good against Philly and Washington, bad today) so there have been mitigating circumstances for why we find ourselves in this position imo. I think a few fresh faces could actually do this team plenty of good moving forward.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:18 PM 10-24-2021
A loss is a loss..we lost by a single point to the Ravens..it's makes no difference imo. The objective is getting into the playoffs..then everything starts again.
dude, there's no one guy you could pick up to fix this mess.

Your LT is a disaster. your entire DL that you're paying 25% of your cap to is useless. We can't hang on to the ball, we're totally undisciplined, Josh Gordon can't get on the field, nobody else can get open...we can't tackle, cover, or take away the ball.

This defense needs gutted and new coaching blood along with new players and a new scheme.

We are going to need a new LT. Brown is not an NFL LT.

We are probably going to need a WR or 2, and a RB (happy now, motherfucker?!)

This isn't trade deadline stuff, and you're not going to find it on practice squads or the waiver wire.

This just isn't the year. Next year maybe.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 04:25 PM 10-24-2021
We need to be sellers at this point and gather draft pics. Anything else is a bandaid in hopes to just make the playoffs just to get bounced in the first game.

Trade for pics.

Regroup.

We still have Mahomes.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:27 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
god, I hope not. Watching this disaster once through will be bad enough.
Have you never seen a team start bad and go on a run? It's happened plenty of times. Tampa lost 30-3 at home last season to the Saints so today shouldn't define us.
[Reply]
TEX 04:35 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
dude, there's no one guy you could pick up to fix this mess.

Your LT is a disaster. your entire DL that you're paying 25% of your cap to is useless. We can't hang on to the ball, we're totally undisciplined, Josh Gordon can't get on the field, nobody else can get open...we can't tackle, cover, or take away the ball.

This defense needs gutted and new coaching blood along with new players and a new scheme.

We are going to need a new LT. Brown is not an NFL LT.

We are probably going to need a WR or 2, and a RB (happy now, mother****er?!)

This isn't trade deadline stuff, and you're not going to find it on practice squads or the waiver wire.

This just isn't the year. Next year maybe.
:-):-):-)
Nailed it! This post should be a Sticky for all to see.
[Reply]
Mulliganman 04:36 PM 10-24-2021
The offense has been great most of the season. The defense has had key players missing all year and the o-line has blown hot and cold (good against Philly and Washington, bad today) so there have been mitigating circumstances for why we find ourselves in this position imo. I think a few fresh faces could actually do this team plenty of good moving forward.
Dude the defense has looked like dog shit even with those “key players” on the field. Jones, Hitchens, Clark, etc have all underperformed and this isn’t like 2019 where we’ve got everybody trying to learn a new scheme.
[Reply]
TLO 04:38 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
Tampa lost to the Saints like 38-3 last November. :-)
[Reply]
Page 9 of 17
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up