ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 17
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Trade deadline additions
O.city 09:59 AM 10-18-2021
I don't think they should or will throw any high picks out but looking around the league, who do you guys think they could add that would help?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:27 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by Mulliganman:
Wouldn’t we get some relief if LDT were traded?
We’d gain $750k in cap space. $4 million dead cap.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:28 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by :
Who woulda thought, UChieffybundle of sticksboi would become a man with so little words....

Loves to dish bullshit to everyone on the forum, can't take someone pushing back though.

Stay down, bitch.
:-)

[Reply]
ModSocks 10:31 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:

[Reply]

UChieffyBugger 10:39 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by :

[Reply]
ModSocks 10:40 AM 10-20-2021

Keep it to emotes and stay on your best behavior, turd.

[Reply]

UChieffyBugger 10:46 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by :

[Reply]
T-post Tom 10:48 AM 10-20-2021

Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Can't we all just get along? :-)

[Reply]
Urc Burry 01:47 PM 10-20-2021
He won’t be traded this year, but I can see it happening in the off season. Brandon Aiyuk.. he’s been in the dog house, and SF is down a lot of capital after the Lance deal.. which looks worse after every week
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:27 PM 10-20-2021
NFL executive who commented on the Chiefs’ misuse of safety Daniel Sorensen.

“Sorensen is really a dime linebacker,” an exec said. “It is asinine what they are doing, and unfair to the player. His role was reduced for a reason, and now you are plugging him back in as a mainstay guy. Maye would help them. I just don’t know what message you send if you are the Jets and you trade Maye. Who is going to start at safety?”

Chiefs Linked to Jets’ 5-Year Starter in Trade Proposal

With the NFL’s trade deadline inching closer — the final day coming on November 2 — it would be wise of the Kansas City Chiefs to add a defensive piece in order to bolster a defensive unit that is one of the NFL’s worse through six weeks of regular-season play, per PFF.

One report on Monday, October 18 by PFF’s Brad Spielberger said the Chiefs are exploring options to add along the defensive line, which makes plenty of sense given that their two top pass rushers — Frank Clark and Chris Jones — have struggled mightily to get to the quarterback this season. However, one NFL insider suggests that the defending AFC champions should add at another position instead, and should seek to add to that position via the New York Jets.

The Athletic’s Mike Sando wrote about the Chiefs being a potential trade suitor for Jets safety Marcus Maye, who playing on the franchise tag with New York. Here’s what Sando wrote about Maye’s fit with Kansas City:

“The Chiefs should make a run at a safety. How about New York Jets’ Marcus Maye? Maye is playing on the franchise tag. A long-term extension has eluded him,” he wrote. “Kansas City needs to bolster its defense or else risk becoming New Orleans from 2014-16, when the Saints were so bad on defense, they couldn’t contend even with a Hall of Fame quarterback. Safety is a huge problem as long as Kansas City continues to rely too heavily on Daniel Sorensen.”

Sando also spoke with an NFL executive who commented on the Chiefs’ misuse of safety Daniel Sorensen.

“Sorensen is really a dime linebacker,” an exec said. “It is asinine what they are doing, and unfair to the player. His role was reduced for a reason, and now you are plugging him back in as a mainstay guy. Maye would help them. I just don’t know what message you send if you are the Jets and you trade Maye. Who is going to start at safety?”

While Sando does try to justify why it would make sense for Kansas City to trade for the veteran safety, there are several reasons why Maye wouldn’t be a good fit for the Chiefs.

Maye’s contract is the first glaring reason he’s not a match for the defending AFC champions. He’s playing on the franchise tag with the Jets, which pays him out $10.61 million this season. That doesn’t line up well with the estimated $2.2 million in estimated cap space the Chiefs have, according to Spotrac. Granted, a portion of Maye’s contract has already been paid to him by New York. But even at a fraction of the cost the finances don’t line up, unless Kansas City packaged a player in a deal for Maye in order to free up some cap room.

The second reason Maye doesn’t fit well with Kansas City is his overall play based on his PFF grades. Maye has a 58.0 overall grade, 57.3 run defense grade, 70.1 pass rush grade, and 62.5 coverage grade this season. Compared to Juan Thornhill — the Chiefs’ new starting safety opposite of Tyrann Mathieu — who has a 72.3 overall grade, 55.8 run defense grade, 62.9 pass rush grade, and 72.6 coverage grade this season, the performance of Maye compared to who the Chiefs have in their starting lineup doesn’t seem to warrant the Chiefs making a move for him. A slight uptick in pass rush production would be helpful from the safety position, but that’s all Kansas City would be getting from Maye.

It’s worth noting that Maye would likely be a rotational player in place of Sorensen, and would certainly be an upgrade over him. However, based on the finances and whatever Kansas City would have to pay up in a trade to acquire Maye, the Chiefs should look elsewhere — and at a different position — to find a cheaper, and potentially more impactful defender.

https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city-chiefs/chiefs-linked-to-jets-5-year-starter-in-trade-proposal/
[Reply]
BossChief 02:30 PM 10-20-2021
We aren’t trading for a safety that will need a new contract next year and who is underperforming.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:33 PM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
On defense I would have cut Hitchens and signed Melvin Ingram.
They don't play the same position, though. You'd be helping out one weak positional group and hurting another.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:38 PM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
We aren’t trading for a safety that will need a new contract next year and who is underperforming.

[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 02:47 PM 10-20-2021

Learn how to quote correctly you god damn moron.
[Reply]
Chiefsfan1 03:54 PM 10-20-2021
I think defensive end is priority #1 for any potential trade and I doubt they'd trade for both DE and safety. At least not throw that many picks. Signing Calhoun to the practice squad likely means that could be their answer to any depth issues at LB instead of a trade. Ogbah would probably be ideal, as he's already played under Spags here. Problem is fitting him under the salary cap. Unless they plan on extending Mathieu soon, it doesn't seem like that cap space will be available. Without more cap space, they can't be that active on the trade market.

I don't think they would trade for anything else, but Michael Thomas or any really good WR that's really cheap for the salary cap this season would be intriguing to me. Although I doubt he'll be traded. Josh Gordon needs to be seeing more snaps ASAP, too. I know Reid is stubborn about the WR mastering the role of all the routes in his playbook, but Gordon needs to be out there a lot more.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:18 PM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Learn how to quote correctly you god damn moron.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 17
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up